“BEDBUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't stay at this hotel”
Review of Eighth Avenue Inn

and 1 more site!
Eighth Avenue Inn
Ranked #97 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
brooklyn, ny
“BEDBUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't stay at this hotel”
Reviewed 27 August 2008

Our stay at this hotel was above average until we woke up eaten up the next morning! Dozens of bedbug bites all over our bodies! The worst part is that now that we're back home, we have to make sure our house doesn't get infested with bedbugs. What a way to end a vacation.....

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Houston
Reviewed 23 June 2008

OK, it wasn't the best, but it was cheap. You get what you pay for, but it was central enough, nice breakfast, friendly staff...

• Liked — Location, Breakfast
  • Disliked — needs a remodel!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank TADofTX
washington
Reviewed 20 June 2008

Our first room was still dirty from the previous guests, so they rudely (as if it were my fault the room wasn't ready) moved us to another room. There was literally 3 inches between the bed and the wall to the bathroom, you had to jump the bed to get there! They charged me $180 for one night! The rooms were disgusting, dirty, stinky, and there was mold in the bathroom. There was nothing extra, even though for the price you would think there would be a pool or something...nope nothing, in fact there was NOTHING to do after 5 pm with kids near this dump. The staff was rude, the management was even ruder. I will never return to this garbage hole.

• Liked — absolutely NOTHING
  • Disliked — i hated the whole experience. the hotel is worse than the worse one you can think of!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Seattle hotels

vancouver bc
Reviewed 9 June 2008

I was travelling to Seattle with my girlfriend for her birthday as a surprise...... little did i know that the surprise was on me when i got to my reserved motel through hotel hotline dot com. When i arrived immediately the seediness was visible from the outside. I was charged $140 us for a room i didn't even stay in. When i approached the front counter and asked for my money back, the staff said that i had to contact the site i had booked my room with in order to get a refund. So I did. The site had an answering service which i had left a message with and it took then 2 days for them to get back to me. At the time i was at the hotel i was assured by the front counter staff that i shouldn't have a problem getting my money back. So we moved on to the Roosvelt, paying double but worth it compared to what we saw with the eighth ave inn. When the website got back to me regarding my refund, they said that they require 24 hours notice for cancellation or i am subject to a charge for the 1st nights stay. Well since i was there only for 1 night i got nothing! Beware of this site and this hotel the advertising was false and the rates are way too much for what you get. Even after reading the reviews on this website i found out people paid a lot less than what i did for a room that they did stay in. This whole event left a bad taste in my mouth. I feel ripped off and unfortunately due to legalities there is nothing i can do.

• Liked — I wouldn't know I didn't even stay in the room
  • Disliked — everything about the service
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed 4 June 2008

It's sad that the old adage, "You get what you paid for" is true. The positives were: the rooms were nice; beds were comfy; breakfast was good. The location was also great for the Experience Music Project, Science Fiction Museum and the Space Needle ... we walked there even in the rain!!! A big negative is that the four times we talked to the reception staff about directions, checking in and routine traveling questions, all times they were completely uninterested. We felt that we were a burden to them when enjoying their day sitting down doing nothing. It would've required such little effort on their part to be polite and friendly by smiling, standing up and even coming to the counter instead of talking to me behind a wall. When I asked for my fax, they stayed in the office behind the wall, but I am pleased they gave me my fax instead of asking for me to come to them. I guess this is the service I should expect when a name was not on the "Manager On Duty" plaque. I would only recommend this hotel if they got rid of their current reception staff and replaced them with college students who took an ounce in their job.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Idaho
Reviewed 16 April 2008

This was a GREAT place to stay! It may be an older hotel, but it was extremely clean and comfortable...my bed was awesome, better than I've had at way more expensive hotels. Staff was very professional and courteous; I had booked a room with a single bed, he upgraded us to double beds for the same low price. Our room had all the smaller appliances, iron and board, coffee maker, blowdryer, etc., plus a microwave and a nice size refrigerator...convenient for longer stays. Sure the bathrooms could use a little updating but they were still clean and it is an older hotel so don't go expecting the newest version of the Ritz. Do expect to be comfortable and treated well...the free breakfast was more than I've seen in some places, the lady staffing that area was excellent, and it all added to the value of the hotel. Definitely would stay there again.

• Liked — The cleanliness of the rooms
  • Disliked — The shower head
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Allie64
jmannSeattle, Director of Revenue Management at Eighth Avenue Inn, responded to this review, 24 April 2008
Thank you for taking the time to leave a response about your experience here in Seattle. We recently updated our mattresses and box springs so it's good to know that they are comfortable. I shared your comments with the front desk staff and they were appreciative. It's great to know that the housekeepers are doing a good job keeping the rooms tidy and clean. I'm glad you enjoyed the deluxe Continental breakfast which is offered to all of our guests. Thank you again for your comments, they help us to continually improve and maintain the quality service that we know our guests deserve and require.
USA
Reviewed 1 March 2008

For the price, this is a great motel near the downtown area. Yes, the lobby looks outdated, there are some dents in the furniture, the elevator looks like it hasn't been serviced since 1960 and you can hear some noise in the hallway at night. But, it's also walking distance from downtown, the rooms are clean, the linens are bleached, the beds are comfy, the showers are hot, and the doors have locks. Personally, I couldn't ask for more. I'll definitely be coming back.

• Liked — Price, decently clean rooms, super hot shower, great character.
  • Disliked — The great character.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled solo