“The First Thing to do in Seattle!”
Review of Seattle By Foot

Seattle By Foot
Ranked #23 of 157 Tours in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: The secret is out…Seattle is one of America’s premier travel destinations and there is nothing like experiencing a city by foot! This is the only way to really discover hidden gems and to meet locals along the way. We will explore Seattle’s history, side streets and culture while detouring boring rhetoric. We offer small walking tours (12 max) with a friendly and knowledgeable local who will leave you wanting more! Whether you are a local or a visitor, the only way to truly appreciate our city is by foot! Seattle's Original Coffee Crawl- City Pub Tour- Downtown By Foot- Seattle Kids Tour- Custom TOurs/Guide for Hire
Iowa
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“The First Thing to do in Seattle!”
Reviewed 29 March 2009

The Coffee Crawl is the very first thing you should do in Seattle! Besides the history of coffee in Seattle, you get a bit of the history and growth of the city, as well as some really great coffee and hot chocolate ( 4 stops!) The guide was delightful and well informed. Even my Seattle resident son enjoyed the tour and learned a great deal bout his home town.

1 Thank janetb39

• Korean first
Colorado Springs, CO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Best of Seattle and its Coffees”
Reviewed 28 March 2009

What a great tour of Seattle!!! My son (age 22) suggested this tour for one of the two days we would be in Seattle with my sister. I am not a great coffee critic or lover, but I agreed to the tour. I loved it! The tour stopped at 5 different coffee shops around the downtown area and we sampled the coffee at four of them. Similarly, Vicki, our guide, pointed out and gave us entertaining information about many of the historic buildings. Vicki was absolutely wonderful, and very knowledgeable about Seattle's history as well as about coffee. All three of us (my sister, my son, and myself) highly recommend this tour. Don't miss it when you are in Seattle.

2 Thank R0ckyM0untainHi
Everett, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You don't have to be a coffee drinker to enjoy this tour!”
Reviewed 25 March 2009

I would definately recommend this tour! Even if you have lived in the area for years somehow it is all new when you are looking up at those buildings instead of just driving by. I learned a lot about coffee and the history of Seattle. Our tour guide Suzanne was great! She had a great sense of humor and connected well with the group. She was very accomodating and even called ahead to one of the coffee houses to ask if a non coffee drinker could sample some tea, which they happily provided. We had a wonderful time...thank you Suzanne!

1 Thank kelleejn
Everett, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great exercise.”
Reviewed 24 March 2009

Not only did I learn alot about coffee but also downtown Seattle. Suzane was very outgoing and entertaining trip leader. The tidbits about the buildings and history of Seattle was a pleasant extra. The shops we stopped at were very knowledgable and made the program more interesting. The walk was not difficult and the pace was very reasonable for everyone.

1 Thank 1982cj7
Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Even Locals can love this tour”
Reviewed 29 January 2009

The sign of a good tour is when you are from a region and think you know a lot and then learn and experience tons of new information. That is how I felt after taking the Seattle By Foot's Coffee Crawl. I was scouting the tour to see if it would be appropriate to send clients too and realized that it was even appropriate for ME (a local and a tour guide myself) to attend. Some juicy bits of history I hadn't heard and some of the coffee shops I had never heard of (but should have!). What is most impressive is the techniques used to keep the audience engaged and keep us excited about the next stop. There is always the required "look at this old building" that has nothing to do with the theme, but most of the info was brought back to the theme of the day. Here's another note, it was rainy and cold the day I attended the tour. Still fun. In other words don't just sit in your hotel or at home because it is raining. Get out there.

1 Thank DintyDan

Been to Seattle By Foot? Share your experiences!