“Great Find”

Neighbourhood: Bellevue
seattle
“Great Find”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is a modest looking place with a friendly atmosphere and SUPERB and FRESH food. We had the tabouleh, which was the best we have had anyplace, whether in Seattle or the Middle East. We also had the falafel plate, which was also great. The portions are very generous. We will be back!

• Visited September 2012

Flagstaff, Arizona
“nice owner, great food”
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Pretty basic Lebanese/Mediterranean fare but one step better than most, great roasted veggies, wonderful falafal and best of all a very personable owner that makes you feel like a best friend the second you walk in. Much better than the similar Cedars across the street.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank D_Alan101
texas
“Great Food, Great Service, Great Price”
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Found this through yelp when looking up my hotel recommendations (which appeared more expensive and less likely to please). What a win this place is in so many ways.

First - FLAVOR! I started off with the tabbouleh (for which I called ahead per the recommendation of another reviewer, owner makes it fresh and needs about 20 minutes) which was great and had my taste buds tingling with its lemony goodness (oil imported from beirut). Then I moved onto the "killer" garlic fries. OMG - I almost felt like I had died and gone to heaven. I did not let anyone else have a bite, and trust me, the plate is big enough to share with up to 4 people depending on how much you eat. I asked about the hot sauce and added the milder one (jalapenos crushed with oil) to the fries as well. What an incredible one-two punch of flavor - garlic and spice (though let me warn you it is strong and no one is going to want to kiss you for a long time after). Although the grape leaves and gyro plate were not as tasty as the starters, the rice and lamb were well cooked. As soon as I noticed that I had tatziki sauce instead of the advertised tahini sauce, the sauces were switched for me much to my delight. Unofrtunately the tahini was lacking lemon. However, the starters were so good, tasty and savory that the lackluster dolmas and tahini didn't matter.

Second - Personal service. The owner is the chef and there is one waiter. Although a stranger (they get a lot of repeat customers), I was treated like a regular and received personalized service and attention. They walked me through my options, talked to me about the ingredients and history and overall just worked hard to ensure that I was a very happy and satisfied customer.

Third - Let's not forget price - very reasonable and affordable.

Great food, great service, great price. If you are are in the area, you have to eat here! If I lived here, I would eat here at least once a week!

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank quizaya
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Went there once because...”
Reviewed 5 September 2008

Went there once because the restaurant(s) I was intended on going to were closed for the holiday. Nice family atmosphere and boy were their gyros cheap!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook