“Nothing bad to say.”

Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
Ranked #2 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This is a very good hotel with a complicated view. The beautiful Puget Sound forms the backdrop with the foreground being a Public Storage Depot and a some type of industrial plant. I actually quite liked the juxtaposition however it may not be everybody’s cup of tea.
Room décor is subdued mustards, greens, beiges and blondes as expected in a Four Seasons Hotel – in my experience they seem to favour this palate. I find it rather bland but it is unchallenging and nothing to object to which I guess is the intent.
And this for me sums up the hotel. It did nothing wrong but – other than the view – is pretty unmemorable. Great staff, nice food, expensive bar – just the norm.
The location is very near to Pike Street Market which is a great place to visit if you find being in packed into a crowd, who have no spatial awareness, a fun time. For me hell on earth.

Room Tip: Do get a view of the Puget Sound - it is lovely and every changing.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fleetcat
Write a ReviewReviews (1,589)

Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed here after a cruise and loved it. Everyone there was helpful and friendly. The hotel is newer so everything is still fresh and clean. I have a two year old and let them know when I made the reservations, if you have little ones this will be helpful for you. They set up a bed with side rails, a mini robe, and little slippers as well as a toy (which was a gift for her to keep). They also put toiletries in the bathroom for babies. The view from our room was phenomenal, the market one block away. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed here in late December. The room was immaculate and bed was amazing. The windows span the length of the floor which is nice and it offers a great view, we had windows that spanned the length (horizontal) of our room facing the mountains and sea. The bath was nice, separate toilet and bath as well as shower, lots of glass and TV in the mirror. Everyone at the hotel was great, no complaints there. The hotel is also a short walk from Pike's Place as well as some of the more notable attractions the city has to offer. There's also a staircase right next to the hotel that takes you right down to the docks. Across the street is the Seattle Art museum.

Overall the hotel was perfect, clean, new, and a great place to sleep. Would come here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The service at this hotel was one of the best we have ever experienced. We really appreciated the personalized gift baskets for the kids and the high end comfort of the rooms. The pool area was amazing. Would recommend to anyone either for business, a romantic getaway or with kids ( not too young ).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Great pool, lovely room, fabulous location and 4 seasons service

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Without realizing it we arrived at the hotel when Manchester United was staying there. After I had to be told who they were(we aren't soccer fans!)we proceeded to have a fabulous stay despite the total chaos that MU presence brought to the hotel. With hundreds of fans outside the hotel, kept behind police tape, my family and I were able to come and go without any hassle. Not even so much as being asked to show proof we were guests in order to re-enter the hotel. It's that Four Seasons magic-they had a security system in place that protected those that needed it but didn't hassle other hotel guests.
The hotel rooms are beautiful. Our party had 2-one waterfront corner 1 bedroom suite and one waterfront deluxe room. The deluxe room was so spacious that I had to make sure it wasn't the suite before the kids settled into it!
Location fabulous. Right across the street from the art museum, right at Pike's Market.
Very close to lots of what's happening in Seattle. If you have the time arrange a tour of the city on your first day, DO IT!! The concierge set up small group van tour which was 3 hours and very interesting. Even went out to the locks and saw the boats coming through them. Also saw the "steps" at the locks. The fish ladder built to facilitate fish returning upstream to spawn. We spent about 1/2 hour at the locks. It was a nice break from sitting in a tour van and this part of the tour really catches the children's attention.
If you're a fish lover than Seattle is the right town for you. We had some of the freshest, most creatively prepared fish on this trip. Don't miss the opportunity when in Seattle to enjoy the fish-and of course the coffee!! A coffee shop on every corner! My coffee addicted husband thought he'd died and gone to heaven!
Hard not to have fun in this town and can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed in one of the Deluxe Bay-View Rooms, #815 and it was lovely with more than enough space for 3.

We opted for a king bed over 2 doubles because sometimes our child ends up in our bed and it was worth a try to see if she'd sleep in a roll-away. The roll-away wasn't necessary because there was a chaise she claimed as her bed; someone from housekeeping made it up with pillows and blankets. This wouldn't work for a child over the age of 10 likely but, it works well for a younger child and gave us more space than we would have had with a roll-away

As always in a Four Seasons, the service was friendly and accommodating.
The pool was fantastic, although not large. Cocktail service was wonderful although it seemed there was an interesting LA contingent visiting the hotel that weekend, maybe a cruise crowd?

I needed a refrigerator for medication and they were more than helpful. The refrigerator was large and had a small freezer, perfect for my ice packs for the trip home. The mini-bar is not suitable for refrigeration as it's one of those pre-stocked, automatic charge units that doesn't really refrigerate things so if you need a refrigerator, ask when making reservations.

They mentioned children's amenities and we were given a child-sized robe & slippers the day after check-in.

The cons...
Typical of Four Seasons, the mattresses are dreadful and Seattle's Four Seasons does not buck that trend. I wish they'd contract with the W or Westin and use their mattresses instead. It's one of the few things that always deters from my stays at any Four Seasons.

The food at ART was mediocre at best, tasteless like elegant hospital food. I made my reservations online and was automatically put into the bed and breakfast program so we ate there 2 mornings and I would say it is absolutely not worth it, particularly when there are good restaurants just around the corner (Steelhead Cafe is a good one).

Due to weather issues, we were unable to depart on the day planned. While at friends', I called to extend our checkout in case the weather improved and late checkout is a mere 1/2 hour later than regular checkout (noon). While on the phone, it became clear that it was not safe to fly and I asked if they had availability for one more night (a Monday night) and was told no, they were completely booked. I found that odd since it seemed the hotel was not full but anything is possible. Twenty minutes after my call, my husband went to the front desk and said that we'd been told there was no availability; would they mind calling the W to see if they had availability for the night? Suddenly they had rooms available and we needn't move our things. Surely they could have bothered to discover that while I was on the phone with them.

Regardless of the cons, we enjoyed our stay and will likely stay there again. The service, location and views are outstanding.