“Calming retreat - No worries here! They take care of you.”

Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
Ranked #2 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bakersfield, California
“Calming retreat - No worries here! They take care of you.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

My husband and I recently visited Seattle together with our young adult daughter, to visit our son at Ft. Lewis. Traveling takes so much out of us any more. The Four Seasons Seattle is like an oasis: it's right in the midst of busy downtown Seattle, but it is calm inside and everyone seems to be there just to make life easier for you. This is a great place to stay. The main reason I don't give it all excellent scores is that I am a picky person, so it takes perfection to get an excellent score from me. A good rating from me is, well, pretty close to perfect. Specific to this visit's ratings: 1) as to value, well, it is priced appropriately for what you get, but it isn't over the top; 2) as to sleep quality, we have our issues independent of the hotel and it doesn't ever reach perfection any more; and 3) in re to cleanliness, although throughout our stay I would rate it excellent, there was a very minor bloop noticed when we first entered the room. Staff is outstanding, and more than make up for these very minor issues. I definitely recommend Four Seasons Hotel Seattle for a fine hotel experience!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times on business (I travel to Seattle 6-10 times per year) and have never been disappointed. The staff is phenom - always friendly and helpful. The beds are extremely comfortable. The rooms are spacious. (Did I mention there is a full stall shower, a soaking tub, AND a TV in the bathroom mirror?) The location is incredible. My only complaint about this place is that I have to leave... although I suppose I could move into one of their residential units. The little touches and personable service at this hotel cannot be beat in the Seattle area.

Room Tip: I really enjoy the rooms with a partial bay view (overlooking the pool). The sunsets cannot be beat...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

A large group of family and friends stayed at the Grand Hyatt for our daughter's wedding. Everyone experienced great service and received tremendous value compared to other Seattle hotels. The staff was extremely helpful when trying to make arrangements for guests who were arriving from all parts of the country. Great concierge service, restaurant staff was always willing to divide bills, great location in the city close to shopping and monorail.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

We chose the four seasons due the positive reviews on the location. I must say we were not disappointed about anything at the hotel. It is a wonderful location, right next to Pike's market. The staff was helpful with everything, and we walked to dinner most nights. We have traveled to several cities and I would rank this hotel as one of the best we have stayed at. The outdoor bar was wonderful (but closes at 10pm)...the indoor bar nice atmosphere, and the rooms were spacious and clean. I would highly recommend staying here, and if we find ourselves back in Seattle we will be repeat customers.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
N.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

The location of The Four Seasons is perfect to Pike's market. I don't think we could have gotten any closer. We actually stayed at this hotel to be close to the market. The room was beautiful and spacious. We had Mother's Day Brunch at their restraunt and it was amazing, absolutely amazing. The food presentation was beautiful and everything tasted perfect. The food service was great also. Great shopping is within walking distance, along with many restraunts. The only thing I would say that was slightly negative about this hotel, is they are not very friendly when you're looking for advice or information. They seemed to be bothered by to many questions and never engaged in offering suggestions easily. We visited Pike's market every day we were there and the market was filled with happy energy and good foods.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Ko Samui, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

This is a very good hotel with a complicated view. The beautiful Puget Sound forms the backdrop with the foreground being a Public Storage Depot and a some type of industrial plant. I actually quite liked the juxtaposition however it may not be everybody’s cup of tea.
Room décor is subdued mustards, greens, beiges and blondes as expected in a Four Seasons Hotel – in my experience they seem to favour this palate. I find it rather bland but it is unchallenging and nothing to object to which I guess is the intent.
And this for me sums up the hotel. It did nothing wrong but – other than the view – is pretty unmemorable. Great staff, nice food, expensive bar – just the norm.
The location is very near to Pike Street Market which is a great place to visit if you find being in packed into a crowd, who have no spatial awareness, a fun time. For me hell on earth.

Room Tip: Do get a view of the Puget Sound - it is lovely and every changing.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Fleetcat
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed here after a cruise and loved it. Everyone there was helpful and friendly. The hotel is newer so everything is still fresh and clean. I have a two year old and let them know when I made the reservations, if you have little ones this will be helpful for you. They set up a bed with side rails, a mini robe, and little slippers as well as a toy (which was a gift for her to keep). They also put toiletries in the bathroom for babies. The view from our room was phenomenal, the market one block away. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family