“Never disappoints”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon
“Never disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We've stayed here on several occasions and the hotel, and its staff, never disappoints. To a person, the staff is professional, gracious and accommodating. The hotel is gorgeous and the rooms are comfortable and beautifully appointed. The hotel is conveniently located next to Pike Place Market and just steps from the waterfront. Choose a partial or full bay-view room ... stunning!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Coppell, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Absolutely a must have experience in Seattle! The Four Season takes really good care of their customers (and kids)... They provide little details that makes you fell special - like the little owl, welcome cookie and little robe left in our room for our kids. From the valet to the house keeping, the staff is nice, polite and accommodating.
Also loved the location - walking distance to lots of downtown must go places,.
I would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We arrived late to check in and that meant we were late for our spa appointments but the staff never blinked. The front desk staff immediately let the spa know we were on our way and the spa staff made sure that they expedited our checkin.

The rooms make you feel like you are in your downtown apartment.

Because it was raining (it is Seattle after all) we decided to eat at the restaurant in the hotel rather than venture out. We were both pleasantly surprised by the quality of both the food and the service.

The one downside was the early morning jackhammers on the street outside the hotel. On a Sunday no less; Of course there isn't anything the hotel can do about it but it did wake us up earlier than we would have liked.

1 Thank Ihatescreennames666
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on the FHW program so we were upgraded to a great room on the 7th floor with a view of the water. Accomodating staff at check in and at the concierge. One of our party has a feather allergy so we called to have pillows changed while we went to dinner. Came back and we had new pillows but the feather ones were still on the bed stacked up. I put them in the closet - I thought they would remove them altogether given the reason for the change but oh well. We had drinks during happy hour and went for the cheese bar, which was great. The wines by the glass are just ok. It is crowded during this happy hour so come early if you want a table by the window. Regarding Internet in room, the connection was horrible. We had free Internet as part of the FHW. Interent was Very slow and kept dropping. We talked to the front desk, who said we could upgrade to better speed by paying $20. I think a hotel like this should have high speed access for every guest. Made it impossible to work in the hotel room.

Room Tip: Higher room will allow you to have a view without seeing too much of the rooftops in front of the wa...
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our overnight at this lovely downtown hotel. From the moment we left our car with the valet and were greeted by the doormen at the entrance, we felt welcome and valued. A complimentary upgrade was offered at check-in and we were treated to a fantastic view of the big wheel and Elliot Bay. Although we never expect it, when the oft hoped for upgrade is offered, it is a real treat and much appreciated. Our time at this hotel was far too short and we look forward to another visit.

1 Thank OrcasIslandDream
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Always a great experience. Amazing rooms, eating choices and outstanding service by staff that really care about you and not your tip!!! From the moment you walk through the door you feel special. It never dissapoints.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I've stayed here about six times and while the staff is extremely courteous and helpful, a few things are in decline here.

The rooms now include many tacky elements. Too much "signage" in the room is distracting to guests and makes what should feel private (your room) feel like just another place for a sales pitch.

Examples:
1) Tacky signage and a glass leaf posted by the bed with a note to encourage me to elect to not have my sheets laundered. Why ask guests to make another decision when they are already in the room? The better policy is to note in the reservation email confirmation that sheets are changed every other day unless there is a clear need to have them changed or if the guest phones housekeeping to have them laundered. Eliminate signage.

2) A tacky sign (that does not fit in with overall corporate brand identity) stuck onto a little bottle announcing 20% off mini fridge items during happy hour. I find it to be in poor taste. I should not have to endure people "selling" me in my room. The look of the sign resembled like the kind of sign you'd see explaining a Grand Slam at Denny's.

3) We were interrupted by a gentleman (super nice guy---and I suspect he had to do this against his will...) who came to our room to put a promotional fake glass of beer in our room to announce (I think) the Four Season's own beer. Again, why so many unsightly promotional signs and items in the room? And why disturb guests by putting this in the room during their stay?

I provided this feedback directly to a weekend manager, and she was very gracious about it, but I have no idea if corporate leaders will receive the message so I am posting the review here, as well.

I like this Four Seasons because of the location, spa, and pool. When I have out if town guests, this is the best option for them. The hotel staff is so kind and professional. But the taste level of these promotional items and the decision to keep hustling guests (in their rooms!) as though we are staying at a Hilton Garden Inn is making me rethink FS as my hotel of choice. I think there may be other smaller boutique hotels in Seattle that can offer more discretion and taste around these issues. I really hope FS dials down the tacky, sales-y stuff.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Lainy1976
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your stay.
I appreciate you giving us the feedback about your feelings of the various in-room communications with our guests. I did receive your comments from our team when you checked out and was able to make some changes based on your impression.
Truthfully, at times we get excited to introduce our latest and greatest to our guests(like our very own Four Seasons Seattle Ale) and the introduction does not work as intended.
I so appreciate guests like you that think enough about the hotel and the staff to let us know.
And I do hope you will return.
Warm regards,