“Wonderful hotel and perfect location!”

Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
Ranked #2 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston
“Wonderful hotel and perfect location!”
Reviewed 1 July 2009

We just arrived back from a wonderful trip to Seattle at the Four Seasons, it is a beautiful hotel with a perfect location as we walked everywhere. The weather was in the 70s, no humidity and sunny everyday. We went for a romantic getaway, one night we took a cab to Canlis which I highly recommend for a special occasion dinner, it was exquisite. The staff at the Four Seasons is very warm and it has a very modern lobby, a beautiful fire place and they make you feel special as a guest and welcome you back. The bedding was lovely and the bathroom was amazing, they had a built in plasma in the bathroom mirror which was a really fun way to watch the news in the morning with a lovely soaking tub. We had a partial water view and I agree the views are a bit industrial, but besides that minor comment we loved the hotel. We took advantage of their special offer for three nights and they were very accommodating to let us check in early and two hours late. When we checked in they gave us a coupon for $25 off the spa for each of us, so we used the spa, which is lovely and get a couples massage for no extra cost, although the view was very industrial from the massage room, but besides that we really enjoyed it. They offer a beautiful relaxation room with tea, snacks and water. We took a water plane to Victoria for a day trip and I would highly recommend that experience spectacular views and it is a beautiful city!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hayden4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kailua
Reviewed 23 June 2009

Unfortunately, I can't say that the FS Seattle exceeded my expectations. I was hoping they would, given it's a Four Seasons, but a couple of glitches in service surprised me and not in a good way. But please don't get me wrong, we still enjoyed our stay even with the little hiccups.
Even before our stay, we emailed the hotel with our airline arrival and departure information so that we could get help booking airport transfers. It's a good thing I looked closely at the confirmation; the departure information was wrong, and it took several emails with their concierge staff to finally get all the correct information in writing. I did double-check my original email to them to make sure I hadn't given them wrong info, and sure enough, it was their error. To their credit, the limo service they made arrangements with was excellent.
Another thing that surprised me was that after a full day out and about, we returned about 3pm to find that our room had not been serviced. Having worked in hotels, I realized that that's about the time that most of the housekeeping staff finishes for the day. We called housekeeping to inquire to see if someone would be coming to the room and to NOT have them come, since we were back in the room and wanting to rest. Well, I guess that's not what they do, since after talking with the attendant, someone was dispatched to our room to service it anyway, so we had to make a quick exit to the pool to let her do her thing.
On the positive side, the staff are very welcoming and some do actually address you by name (room service) which is a nice touch. Pool attendants and porters were spot-on. We enjoyed the coffee, tea, and croissants in the lobby in the morning, too. The salted caramels from the chocolate shop in the lobby are so yummy. Location: a block from Pike Place Market was very convenient for us. Our room faced the SAM, and was surprisingly quiet, except one night when the duck tours bus/boat returned.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 18 June 2009

My husband had a meeting in Seattle so we decided to make it a quick family get-away. This trip was for business and for pleasure combined. A friend from Seattle actually recommended the Four Seasons. The chain has been running some great deals lately; Stay longer package deals (stay 2 nights, get one in Houston/Seattle and several other cities), and we have been taking advantage! We stayed for 3 nights over a holiday weekend. So lucky to have PERFECT weather in Seattle and to take in all the great things the city has to offer. Walked and walked. Cant' think of a hotel with a better location to Pike's, etc! Very easy to get anywhere from the Four Seasons.
For my taste, the decor was very comfortable, very lovely and soothing. Bathrooms were wonderfully big! They really treat families well, here - at all FS. Delivering pop corn and sodas and fresh made cookies upon check-in. Superb FS service: Late room service (although it did take a LONG time and one of my daughters feel asleep waiting for dinner to arrive) was very helpful to us. Housekeeping even located a lost earring for one of my daughters.
The work out facility is really one of the better hotel fitness rooms I have used with the treadmills facing large windows with pool and water views. The pool deck was a nice surprise, got a little crowded on the warm, sunny days. Nice Spa and fire pit, also. The one downside I can think of is the staff could not seem to supply consistent information on whether food could be served pool side- it never was while we were there. The in house restaurant was OK - Four Seasons pricey, very pretty. Oh, and we got an 8am wake-up call one morning we did not request. Thank goodness it wasn't 5am! Staff was apologetic.
All in all, the pluses far out weighed the minimal minuses in my opinion and I would not hesitate to stay at the FS if I return to Seattle.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank jtmcclay
San Francisco
Reviewed 18 May 2009

I am a loyal Four Seasons customer and was very excited to have the chain come back to Seattle after many years of absence. Unfortunately, my first stay negated my excitement.

The hotel is new and the rooms are reasonably nice and brand new, but not really up to Four Seasons standards. The furniture is light maple and the carpets are very bright. The entire place felt like it was built by high end Ikea. It doesn't look or feel luxurious.

The other big problem is the location and the view. I paid extra for a waterview room, but it was dominated by a view of two big smokestacks and a construction site. Seattle has amazing water views but this hotel isn't situated in a spot that has them. In fact, it is still in a transitional neighborhood with a handful of peep shows and X rates theaters only a block away.

The worst part of my stay, however, was my inability to take a normal shower. The water pressure in the shower was the lowest I've experienced in North America. I couldn't wash my hair and could barely get the soap off my body. Upon checkout I emailed the manager and he told me that the "water pressure in my room was consistent with the hotel standard." I don't know what that means but it is not connsistent with any other place and certainly not a Four Seasons.

Seattle has great luxury hotel choices in Hotel 1000 and the new Pan Pacific. There is no reason at all to put up with the shortcomings of this Four Seasons.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
9 Thank SFTraveller101
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 14 April 2009

If you read my other reviews I don't think I've ever said a hotel is perfect. This one is. From check-in to check-out they did not miss a single beat. Simply amazing staff; gorgeous huge rooms with soaking tubs and an extremely high level of service. They not only do it perfectly with a smile but with a genuine smile and attitude of caring.

The only thing I can think of 'bad' is that they don't have a gift shop. But they're surrounded by Pike Place which has everything so I understand that move. And if you ask the concierge/front desk for an item they'll happily help you. They gave me batteries for my camera, legal pad, etc. for free and with a smile.

The location is fantastic, 1/2 block (if that) from Pike Place market. It literally took me 60 seconds to get to the market for lunch each day. It was about 5 blocks to the tram to go to the Space Needle and it was a cute fun walk. (fyi-if you've never been to the Space Needle it is worth going to)

The gym was large and had the latest equipment. It was very well appointed with all the extras. (best gym I've seen in a while during all my travels) The pool was beautiful, but probably more for adults than kids. (think longgg rectangle, more for sitting/laps than kids)

Every time I asked a staff member a question about the area or where to get certain items they know immediately. Very knowledgeable and friendly.

I didn't take pictures of the hotel because their website is 100% accurate and honest to what the hotel and rooms look like. (and how pretty it is.) They need to add a picture of the beyond huge soaking tub in the guest rooms though. Fantastic!

This is absolutely my first pick of hotels in the Seattle area and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank WorldTraveler38
McLean, VA
Reviewed 13 April 2009

From the moment we walked in, this hotel (and its staff) blew us away. Each member of the staff greeted us by name -- including knowing our different last names and our daughter's first name. They kept track of where we went and asked my daughter if she enjoyed it. The recommendations provided for dining and activities were top shelf. The rooms are beautiful and definitely worth mentioning, but the true standout at this property is the staff. We have stayed in numerous Four Seasons properties throughout the world (including Paris) and this is hands down the top hotel for Service. This was our third vacation in Seattle and we will never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank DiscerningTraveler88
l.a.
Reviewed 5 April 2009

We have stayed in numerous hotels in downtown Seattle and have always appreciated being able to walk to nearby attractions. The Four Seasons is adjacent to Pike Place Market and it was a pleasure to sneak over for an early morning stroll through the Market prior to our conference. All aspects of our visit to the hotel were stellar. Great service, amenities and guestrooms. We would highly recommend staying here and think it is one of the highlights of our worldly travels. It is definitely would be a place to receive

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business