“Amazing staff, service and ameneties"”

Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
Ranked #3 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle
“Amazing staff, service and ameneties"”
Reviewed 14 July 2010

We went to the Four Season with the kids for a little Staycation in Seattle and it was wonderful. The location is fantastic, just steps away from Pike Place and the Piers. The pool was a hit with the kids, as was the brownie sundae by the pool!!

Amazing place.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 5 July 2010

The Four Seasons is fabulous ~ very friendly, very helpful. There is nothing concierge cannot arrange or enlighten you about. Perfect location, walkway to waterfront. Pike Market steps away, beautiful views in every direction. Amenities five star!

Stayed July 2010
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed 5 July 2010

It's a Four Seasons...in Seattle...on the water...a couple blocks from Pike Place Market. That's the foundation for a very good hotel, and that's what the Four Seasons is. The deck/pool is the highlight, which is a nice incentive considering that the hotel gym looks out on that area.

Rooms were typical Four Seasons quality, and the concierge staff was very helpful in arranging us a one-day rental car that was dropped off and picked up at the hotel.

The big decision you'll have to make when picking between, say, the Four Seasons and Inn on the Market is whether you prefer big, grandiose hotels (this is a smaller Four Seasons but it's big compared to the Inn) or more of an inn-type feel. There's definitely an atmosphere difference between the two, and it's a personal preference as to which you like better.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeanDome
Hickory, NC
Reviewed 2 July 2010

I can not believe it has taken me so long to sit down and write this review! We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. We arrived at midnight and I was greeted by name and after 6 hours on the plane and in airports, this place felt like an oasis. I traveled with my husband and two kids, 5 and 2. We walked into our room to find cookies and juice for the girls, along with robes and slippers just their size. It was a lot of fun. The room is very understated. You don't have the dark wood and rich colors that tend to give a more luxurious feel, but everything was clean and spotless. I usually do a wipe down with clorox wipes and find things missed by the housekeeping staff, but everything was perfect here. The bathroom was as great as everyone says-rain shower, very deep soaking tub, tv embedded in the mirror, I could go on....

The next day we "rented" some videos and books from the concierge for the kids-its all free. They had a large selection of books and videos appropriate for all ages. There were a few books on Seattle so it was fun to read the books and tell my daughters what we were going to be seeing that day. Others have mentioned the great location-I would ditto that. We could walk everywhere even with a stroller. We walked to Westlake and took the monorail to Seattle Center. I highly recommend the Children's Museum. It was one of the best I have been to. It was a great way to spend the afternoon.

The pool was heated and beautiful overlooking the water. The fitness center was state of the art. We did not try the restaurants or room service. There was some issues with the bellman staff, they did not come on time and our taxi that they came early and then thought he was taking us to the airport. We were only about an $8 cab ride to the pier to board our cruise. It was a minor inconvenience. I did not feel like that one mistake altered my impression of the hotel. Now if that happened again that may be a service issue. Overall great stay in Seattle, we love the city and our first experience at a Four Seasons. Until now, we have been big Ritz Carlton fans. However, with the special attention that the brand pays to children, I think this may be our new brand of choice.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank VLBerry
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Hotel looked impressive. Swimming pool was incredibe. Room very nice... except: only one chair to sit in... very hard to have breakfast with partner (don't like eating in bed). Wireless connect wasn't working right. We had corner room and curtains would not operate correctly. Had to stand on chair and yank curtains closed. 24 hour fast ironing service (advertized heavily) was not available... turned shirts/pants in at 8pm and were not delivered back until 8am. Ordered room service for breakfast... it was late by 20 minutes. Good thing our meeting wasn't til 9! For the price of $500 + I would stay at Hotel 1000 any day.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I was traveling with my wife and young child and absolutetly loved the Four Seasons. We've stayed at other luxery hotels around the world, W, Fairmont, Peninnsula, Ritz....etc and I was very pleased with this Four Seasons. I wouldn't say that their was anything over the top outstanding about the rooms but the location to the market and the service were worth going back for alone. That being said, the rooms were very clean and spacious and the property had a nice contemporary feel.

The concierge helped us plan almost everything we did. I typically like to have an itinerary for everyday so this trip was a first in that we just showed up and asked the concierge to help make the arrangements. We took their recommendations of resturants, sightseeing, car rentals, everything. They made traveling with a little one so easy I won't even consider another hotel upon our next visit to Seattle.

As for the location, I don't think you could find a better place. We were a short walk to everything and a 2-3 minute walk to the Pike's market. We wound up going to the market every single day for something. It was either pastries in the morning or oysters and wine during cocktail hour or fun things to take home at the end of the trip. I think our experience would have been much different if the hotel wasn't so close to the market.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 June 2010

This relatively new hotel is in a perfect location, about 2 blocks from Pike's Place market and the heart of touristy Seattle. Great water views, typically solid Four Seasons service with their outstanding beds make this a great downtown hotel with a FS twist. I did find some minor housekeeping shortcomings (ironing board wasn't put away after I used it, small bars of soap, clothes I left out weren't folded as they'd typically do in other FS properties) but this is still a stellar city hotel. I also had one of the best massages in my life while enjoying a little down-time here.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business