Myself and 2 girlfriends of mine stayed at this hotel for a long weekend in June. We all shared a room with 2 double beds and 1 pull-out sofa bed. My only complaint about the room would be that if it was just even 1 foot deeper, it would be been perfect. When the sofabed is pulled out it touches the other two beds so you have to climb over it to get to the bathroom. Other than that, the room was a good size and was just right for us.
We arrived late on a Thursday night and to my chagrin there was no linen bundle for the sofa bed. I rang the front desk and had everything I needed in less than 5 minutes. The following morning I rang to request extra towels and had those delivered to me as well in under 5 minutes.
Breakfast was included, which was a huge plus. On offer were both hot & cold items of every description, both healthy and not so healthy foods, there was even a waffle station! We were extremely satisfied with the breakfast and found it to be tremendous value.
The beds (even the pull-out) were very comfortable and the linens were soft and cozy.
I found all the staff to be pleasant and very helpful. We did not use the hotel's shuttle service, so I cannot comment on that. We walked everywhere and if we were tired at the end of the day we hailed a cab.
The location of the hotel is good, but do you need to walk (or use the hotel shuttle service). It took us about 15 minutes to walk to the Space Needle and about the same to get to the waterfront. Keep in mind that Seattle is very hilly, so be prepared for that.
We booked our room through the hotel's website directly, which was the same price as Expedia. After all was said and done in terms of taxes, it was $218 a night, which I think is great for 3 people in a city.
All 3 of us were very pleased with this hotel and I would certainly stay there again or try any other Springhill Suites hotel in any other location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown hotel. Just minutes from the Westlake Center via light rail, the Convention Center, The Space Needle, Waterfront, Pike Place Market and the Cruise Terminal's, our Seattle hotel's accommodations offer easy access to many of the city's top attractions. Start your day with a free hot breakfast buffet, and end it with a specialty cocktail at our Bistro on Yale Bar (happy hour is from 4-7 p.m.), or enjoy fresh regional fare at the Bistro on Yale Restaurant. Guests can also enjoy our Seattle downtown hotel's swimming pool, spa, fitness center, and free shuttle service. We are also proud to offer Complimentary access to 24 Hour Fitness located across the street. On-site parking is a valet-only service for a fee. All of our Seattle hotel suites offer spacious living and sleeping areas separated by a privacy wall, as well as kitchenettes with mini-refrigerators and microwaves. We look forward to welcoming you to the SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Seattle Springhill Suites