“Complimentary shuttle”

SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union
Ranked #60 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Surprised by the complimentary shuttle, takes you to the space needle, Pikes market every hour until 9 pm. Usual hot hotel breakfast, 24/7 coffee in the lobby. Stayed 2 nights, in this clean, friendly staffed hotel. They have an arrangement with 24 hour fitness, across the street, you can use their gym with your DL & room key. While it's not in the exact middle of things, the shuttle gets you there, taxis are plentiful, and the amenities Springhill offers makes up for it.

Room Tip: It's an all suite hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scottishnurse
Chris S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

We're so happy our shuttle service was able to help you get around our city! Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Was very positively surprised to find my room very comfortably furnished with big sofa and working desk separated from the king size bad. the staff was very nice and responsive. Location is fine.
The sink in the kitchenette was licking and the cleanness of the room was not 5 stars, but I'm giving 4 stars overall as it was really decent value for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We actually stayed at the Springhill Suites before and after our Alaskan cruise. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. Some of the front desk staff were pleasant and there were a couple of them that seemed downright unfriendly. The complimentary breakfast is very good, much better than other places. They offer a complimentary shuttle service to the sightseeing areas, but if you like to walk, it is really easy to do so. This was my first time to Seattle and it is such a beautiful city!All in all a pleasant experience that I would repeat.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank deejaypeaKingston
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The good: service, close to REI Flagship store, room size and having a fridge/microwave in room.

The not as good: Room felt dated, backs to highway, and its a tier 5 for Mariott - feels like a tier 4.

Standard breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! We love being so close to the flagship REI. I hope you were able to stock up on gear for all your outdoor activities. We hope your future travels are safe and fulfilling. Cheers!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Yes! I had read on Tripadviors there was noise by the I-5, so i requested a room in the front of the hotel. I had check with the travel agent and she phone up the hotel also. NOT a problem. Do not believe them there is noise fro I-5 and ramp. Did not sleep well. Breafast is OK, not enough tables. They do have a shuttle to down town Seattle

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Noelehua! Thank you for your feedback. I regret the highway noise disrupted your stay wth us. The noise of the city can be loud at times. I hope your future travels are smooth and enjoyable!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I expected it to be an average 3 stars place but the hotel is really great. Loved the room, the colors:), the lobby, everything was very clean and cozy. Hot breakfast was very nice and they gave my husband a nice purple umbrella:) when he decided to go for a walk under the rain. Would definitely stay again. Valet parking is 22USD and its good till 3 pm, which is not bad for Seattle downtown.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed for a convention last month. The hotel itself is nice, well appointed, foyer area is nice and lively. Front desk clerks could not have been nicer or more professional.

The problem is if you are on foot this is in a rougher area of downtown. Walking between here and the convention center was never without something interesting going on, and I may have broken up a drug deal or two by my presence. I never felt my life was in danger, but felt I could witness something else going on at any time.

I had a 2 bed room unit with a small kitchenette. The room was nice enough, seemed clean and was fairly spacious.

But then we come to the beds. The 2 beds in the room are the hardest beds I have ever slept on in my entire life. I was surprised when I pulled up the blanket to see an actual bed there, and not a large plank of wood or concrete. The pull out couch was actually more comfortable than the bed was.

Room Tip: As with most hotels, the higher the room the better the view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Travellers also viewed these Seattle hotels
Belltown
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle Downtown
Downtown
Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
Lake Union
Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown

Been to SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union? Share your experiences!