I stayed here for 10 days in June 2013 for a business visit and loved my stay here.
Main pros : Comfortable room with all amenities, Convenient location with all points of interest within walkable distance,Free shuttle to Convention Centre, 24-hr gym access
Main Cons: Limited parking with compulsory valet, street noise, so-so breakfast with fixed menu everyday.
The reception is always attended to by professional and helpful staff who quickly sorted out my check-in formalities ( Credit Card authorization etc).
The room was nicely furnished with features like a separate large work desk ( wooden) with a LAN port for laptop. The separate kitchen counter too was very utilitarian with a microwave oven and coffee maker. There's a full-sized couch with a teapoy which was useful when friends came over to visit. A BIG window with a full view of the street which meant lots of light if you wished but they have different layers of curtains if you dont like too much light. The bed was very clean, fresh-smelling and soft. They had an iPod dock on the side-table beside the bed. A nice little closet for clothes with a good pressing iron and ironing board. Clean bathroom with ample space.
Service was great too. Shampoo/conditioner bottles replenished regularly. Fresh and clean. towels provided if towels have been used. Wash area cleaned and bed straightened out everyday.
Breakfast was the only thing that was a big let down for me. It was quite bland and the menu was same throughout the 9-day stay although the number of items was quite big. I preferred to go out most of the time instead. Another painpoint was that there are not many restaurants closeby except for a Subway across the street. One has to walk for 15-20 minutes to find a good restaurant.
There are other little things that make this a great option in Seattle : Extremely helpful reception clerks who helped with most of my chores ( getting a cab, keeping money in safe locker, keeping my luggage at the reception after checkout) 24-hr Gym access (although located across the street), Free shuttle to convention centre, 24-hr open packed food outlet inside the hotel by the reception(called 'The Market').
Overall, I had a very comfortable and memorable stay here and will definitely go back to this hotel when I'm in Seattle next.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown hotel. Just minutes from the Westlake Center via light rail, the Convention Center, The Space Needle, Waterfront, Pike Place Market and the Cruise Terminal's, our Seattle hotel's accommodations offer easy access to many of the city's top attractions. Start your day with a free hot breakfast buffet, and end it with a specialty cocktail at our Bistro on Yale Bar (happy hour is from 4-7 p.m.), or enjoy fresh regional fare at the Bistro on Yale Restaurant. Guests can also enjoy our Seattle downtown hotel's swimming pool, spa, fitness center, and free shuttle service. We are also proud to offer Complimentary access to 24 Hour Fitness located across the street. On-site parking is a valet-only service for a fee. All of our Seattle hotel suites offer spacious living and sleeping areas separated by a privacy wall, as well as kitchenettes with mini-refrigerators and microwaves. We look forward to welcoming you to the SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Seattle Springhill Suites