SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union
Mediterranean Inn(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$166
  • Fitness centre
All reviewshour fitnessacross the streetfree breakfastspace needlefree shuttlevalet parkingshuttle servicesofa bedwestlake centerhot itemsminute walkyogurtfront desk staffsmall kitchenettesouth lake unionhot breakfastfridge and microwave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed several nights in March of 2014. What a nice pleasant surprise! Very modern contemporary design in lobby and room. Fitness center excellent. Breakfast was outstanding!
Lots of young professionals, nice crowd. In hotel restaurant was used twice and we found it great for a light meal. Free shuttle will drop you off in several downtown locations, Pikes Place etc. Walking distance to REI headquarters store...a good visit.
Only downside is you have to pay for parking but all the downtown hotels are like that.
Going back to Seattle soon and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Frank F, Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

I'm so glad that you enjoyed staying with us on your trip to Seattle! Thanks for the heads up about the shuttle for our new guests -- we love being able to help people see the sights. We're sorry that parking was a bit of an issue, but, like you said, it's one of the downfalls of limited space downtown. That being said, we look forward to seeing you later this year! Stay in touch as you plan your trip.

Until next time,
Frank F., General Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Me and a gal friend of mine went to go see Justin Timberlake back in January and decided to just make a little get a way of it Even though we live close by. So we convinced our hubbies and each got got a hotel room, we needed something that wasn't crazy expensive either. So I went on Groupon and found a special for the Springhill Suites. I'm really glad I did because this was a fantastic hotel. Nice and clean, very comfy, our view was of the freeway but I didn't mind and the noise wasn't an issue and for the $89.99 groupon I found I had zero complaints! Breakfast was AWESOME and included, there was a gym and a pool we wanted to use but ran out of time. I'd def stay again. I've stayed in other Springhill Suites and they don't ever disappoint. The next day we went sight seeing and did some of the touristy things in seattle that you never really do when you live near by. We went and road the great wheel which was cool.. oh and did I mention that was the weekend the 49ers were in town and that made it even more AWESOME! there was seahawk pride everywhere! And we kept running into 49er fans everywhere too...lol we did a lot of booing and a lot of chanting SEA -HAWKS! that weekend!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank marialovesmexico

It sounds like you two fit in the with the Seattle crowd just fine! So glad to hear you were able to enjoy your trip and your stay with us. Hope you'll consider us when you decide to come back into the city!

All the best,
Frank F., General Manager

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My friends and I were staying in Seattle for the Mariners vs. Red Sox games June 23 -june 25th. There was four of us, 3 guys and 1 girl. they gave us a king bed with a pull out coach. We werent in our room until 11 pm and when I pulled out the coach the was a Poop stain on the mattress, then we go and get the sheets for the pull out coach and the was Poop and urine stains on those. I called to get a new mattress and sheets but they only brought us sheets and couldnt give us a new mattress. The breakfast the next morning was very busy, ran out of plates, forks, knifes, only had spoons. the eggs were ok, the hashbrowns were hard and cold, the bacon was turkey bacon and liked more like a slice of ham, i ended up having an english muffin and a very small glass of apple juice, because the glasses were the size u would give to a 2 year old. it took 25 minutes for a tax, it was quicker if i called then the front desk. The bathroom was dirty and in the room there was no venting system, and if there was it wasnt working, it smelled so bad in the room, the house keeping had to keep the doors open in every room that they were cleaning because there was ventingsystem. overall worst marriott hotel i have ever stayed in. I will never stay in that hotel ever again! It was gross!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank rachellepeters
Frank F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear rachellepeters,
Thank you for your review of our property. Please accept my apologies for conditions you found less than acceptable. Please call me directly at 206 403 2271 to discuss your stay in more detail.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

A few weeks ago we booked two rooms at this hotel for 2 nights in July 2014. I phoned this morning, July 4, around 9.40 am to reserve a crib for one of the rooms. The guy assisting me on the phone could not find the reservation, and told me there was none. He seemed quite confused, and out of it, and struggled to get the month and the days of our stay straight which I had to repeat several times before he got it right. So when he found it eventually, he told me that they were going to cancel the rooms because they did not have a credit card number. This was never asked when we reserved the rooms weeks ago, which did seem strange at the time, but we were under the impression that everything was fine with the reservation. So I gave him the card number to secure the rooms, and he sent me the exact same e-mail three times in two minutes to confirm the booking.
Apprehensive after my dealings with this person, I checked the confirmation e-mail, and BINGO, he had booked only one room after I had said expressly a few times that we needed two rooms just as the original booking was for. So I phoned Reservations at the hotel immediately just to be told that there were no more rooms available. I was really upset, and was being put through to a manager, who never came on the phone. I put the phone down, phoned again, asked to speak to a manager, and was put on hold. After ten minutes on hold I put the phone down again.
We are 12 members from the same family who had decided to stay at this hotel for two nights. So nine now have accomodation there, and three don't. We've been looking forward to this for months, have not seen each other in a long time, and this was supposed to be a family gathering in the same place, but thanks to this reservations clerk's incompetence everything has now been thoroughly screwed up. I am very disappointed by this turn of events, and I'm not even sure that we will find another hotel room in downtown Seattle for those dates. Most hotels are pretty full already unless you are prepared to pay a premium. So we are up the creek without a paddle. Thanks Marriot!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 123reis
Frank F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear 123reis,
We appreciate the time you took to complete a review of the situation you have experienced with our reservations network. Please accept my apologies for the frustration you have endured. Please call me directly at 206 403 2271. I will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

What a great place at a decent price for Downtown Seattle. It has all the usual SpringHill Suites amenities, but what sets this place apart is a bar and bistro restaurant that most other SpringHill properties do not have.

Spacious clean room and bathroom and this day was warm one, so I used the AC. It worked great.

There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, thought the in house bistro serves some nice food and great draft beer.

The complimentary breakfast has to be the best I have ever had at a Springhill Suites. The had scrambled eggs, but they were fresh and cooked perfectly (not the soggy powdered eggs served at most other places like hampton inns.) Turkey sausage links, fruit, pastries & breads. Truly an excellent breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, even numbered room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business