I've been a fan of SpringHill Suites since staying at one off the strip in Las Vegas. We choose this one in Seattle because we've had good success with previous SpringHill locations. The hotel is about a mile away from both the Space Needle and Pike Market. We walked once from the Needle back to the hotel and it wasn't too bad of a walk (one mild hill.) The other times we took the free hotel shuttle which will drop you off and pick you up at these two landmark attractions. The neighborhood around the hotel isn't the best, but I've seen worse. We felt relatively comfortable/safe walking around the area and ate at the Pho restaurant one block west of the hotel. There is a Starbucks across the street to the South of the hotel but it may only be open on weekdays as it is attached to an office building. Compared to the hotels nearest the city's landmarks and downtown, the price of SpringHill Suites was less. The buffet breakfast (hot and cold items) was good, though it can get crowded. Luckily, the bar area provides additional seating at peak times and they will open the conference area for seating (if nothing is scheduled.) My only gripe is the cost of valet parking. It comes with the territory (in-city accomodations) and was quite a bit cheaper than hotels right at the city center; but I still don't like to pay for parking. Very close to I5 with very good access to I5 South on ramp.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown hotel. Just minutes from the Westlake Center via light rail, the Convention Center, The Space Needle, Waterfront, Pike Place Market and the Cruise Terminal's, our Seattle hotel's accommodations offer easy access to many of the city's top attractions. Start your day with a free hot breakfast buffet, and end it with a specialty cocktail at our Bistro on Yale Bar (happy hour is from 4-7 p.m.), or enjoy fresh regional fare at the Bistro on Yale Restaurant. Guests can also enjoy our Seattle downtown hotel's swimming pool, spa, fitness center, and free shuttle service. We are also proud to offer Complimentary access to 24 Hour Fitness located across the street. On-site parking is a valet-only service for a fee. All of our Seattle hotel suites offer spacious living and sleeping areas separated by a privacy wall, as well as kitchenettes with mini-refrigerators and microwaves. We look forward to welcoming you to the SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Seattle Springhill Suites