“Fantastic hotel at a very appealing price in Seattle”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Deca

Hotel Deca
Ranked #60 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Fantastic hotel at a very appealing price in Seattle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I chose this hotel as It was near where I was working when I was in Seattle on business and the price was attractive as compared to others. Not to mention I found the most amazing thai food restaurant 1 block over (Thai Tom - see separate review). Hotel décor is very hip and inviting. The rooms are quiet, cozy and the beds comfortable. I had a great view of the space needle as well. Very close to the University so plenty of restaurants and bars to keep your taste buds guessing. The breakfast in the morning was also very good. The oat meal was great. If your looking for a very modern and hip hotel but at a very reasonable price, you can't go wrong with Hotel Deca. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Hello Chris D

I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your review. I am thrilled you had such a great visit to the hotel. We cannot thank you enough for highly recommending us to all of our potential future guests. It can be difficult to choose between all the hotels in Seattle so hopefully your review will help sway people toward the Deca.

By the way, Thai Tom is ridiculously good. Just be sure to bring cash because they do not take credit cards.

Jonathan Bartlett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Grants Pass, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Three blocks for Univ. of Washington campus makes Hotel Deca a good choice if you need to be in the University District. We've also stayed at the Watertown Hotel nearby, whose rooms are much bigger. Having said that, the Deca offers a great lobby, with plenty of seating areas, and a full bar and restaurant (the District), and is similarly priced. Staff was terrific. Parking is above ground (vs. below ground for the Watertown).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Hi pete k,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. If the size of your room was the only thing that left you wanting more we can easily fix that. While we do have some smaller rooms we also have much larger rooms that may fit your needs better. I assure you we can easily correct this so that your next visit will turn from a three star to a five star.

Feel free to contact our in-house reservation team when you are ready to make your next reservation. They will set you up into a much larger room. I hope you give us another chance to make this up to you.

Thank you again.

Vancouver B.C. area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed at the Deca hotel last month as a birthday gift for my husband from our kids. They also give us tickets for a performance at the Neptune across the street, so the location was perfect. Since it is in the University area, I wondered what the hotel would be like. It is an older hotel, but it has been tastefully remodelled. When we arrived our room was not quite ready (check in was 3 p.m.), but they offered to keep our bags. We just left them in the car in the free parking beside the hotel, and had a quick walk around the area. Upon our return we were told we had been upgraded. The room on the top floor (16) was large with a lovely bathroom, and a huge balcony with beautiful views of the city, mountains and the water. An extra touch was a lovely hand-written note by Vanessa, the guest service agent, as well as a nice bag of "goodies". Much appreciated! We enjoyed the views from the deck - in the sunshine!,- before we went out for dinner to a restaurant recommended by the front desk. A shuttle was available, but we chose to take the car. We found the service by the numerous front desk staff excellent, as they were always pleasant and friendly, and attentive to any query or need. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would come again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marbo05
Hello marbo05,

Thank you so much for writing such an wonderful review of your visit to Hotel Deca. We are all thrilled you had such an amazing visit. I also want to thank you for recognizing Vanessa and the rest of the front desk team. They all strive to treat our guests to outstanding experiences so I know they will love to read your comments.
We hope to see you and your family again very soon.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights when visiting UW. I wouldn't recommend the University District for tourism purposes but this hotel was great for our visit to campus. The hotel itself is fairly old but they have renovated the interior to make it more modern. The service was just fine and free wifi runs through the rooms. My only complaint was that the walls were a bit thin and I could hear everything from the corridors and next door. If you sleep light, you might need earplugs (but they even provide these in the room).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello jekko12,

Thank you for your review. While we may not be right in Downtown Seattle I do believe we have the amenities and services that far outweigh our location. As the closest hotel to the UW our location makes us ideal for anyone visiting the campus. However for anyone not visiting the campus we could also be a fantastic alternative to a hotel closer to Downtown. We have some of the best views of any hotel in Seattle, an amazing team who prides themselves on treating our guest to the highest level of comfort and care, and outstanding amenities. We also have a complimentary shuttle available to our guests. We truly are an outstanding hotel for all travelers.

Thank you again.

Bay Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed here for a meeting for three nights. The room was very nice with an excellent view (1106). The staff was extremely accommodating and professional. The food and service for the meeting was good but nothing too special. I didn't get a chance to check out the bar but it looked OK but closes early. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room with a view.
Dear runner27,

What a wonderful title to your post. We LOVED it. Thank you so much for taking a moment to recognize our amazing team. I truly believe we have one of the best teams in Seattle and I am thrilled when they are recognized on TripAdvisor.
We hope to see you again soon.

Maryland, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I spent 4 days at the Hotel Deca while visiting UW on business. I had stayed here once before, and it seems to be the go-to place for UW visitors. I liked some things about the hotel, was disappointed by others. Basics first: the bed was very comfortable. Shower, towels etc. were perfectly serviceable, though not great. I was told upon check-in that I was upgraded to a room on a higher floor. I was in a corner room about half way up. But I found the 'upgraded' room to be a little pokey. Rather limited storage, and the armchair in the room wasn't so comfortable. Some things were done well, e.g., lots of extra outlets for charging devices etc.; it's surprising how many hotels fall short on that count. Oh, and the view from the window was quite good - on a clear morning, I woke to see Mt Rainier in clear view out of my window. Nice. Free wifi is reliable, but on the slow side. No in room fridge. The location of the hotel is convenient, right next to the bustling U District, with many eateries that are moderately priced but good. Just a couple of minutes walk to UW. I would stay here again on a visit to UW, but mostly because the options seem relatively limited.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on SE side have best views of Mt Rainier.
Dear CPtraveller,

As a return guest to the hotel your feedback means a lot to us. Our goal is to create an amazing first impression that hopefully translates into a lifelong relationship with our guests. I am so glad you found so many of our amenities enjoyable. Oh and by the way, thank you for mentioning our amazing views. In my opinion they are the best in the city. Additionally, we are looking into why the wireless signal was not very reliable during your visit. Normally we have an extremely reliable network. Hopefully a quick reset will correct any issues.

Thank you again. We hope to see you during your next trip to Seattle.

Sierentz, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Its proximity to the Campus is the advantage of the DECA Hotel. Per such it is a rather old hotel without much charm. We have been first allocated to a rather noisy room situated directly above the air conditioning system (please avoid room in the corner ending with 9). Only after severall complaints we have been relocated into a different room. The dark lobby/lounge area is not really inviting. It might be a decent choice for the university district but if your destination is downtown seattle, better alternatives are existing.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending 9 (eg 209, 309,...)
Hello Chris B,

I am so sorry your visit to the hotel did not meet your expectations. Clearly the first room did not create a very good impression so I am glad the second one better fit your needs. Our location to the UW does make us the ideal choice for guests either attending a conference on campus, an athletic event at one of the stadiums, or an amazing alumni event for the University. We offer fantastic amenities and some of the best views of any hotel in Seattle. I am positive during your next visit we will create the visit you were hoping for.