“Another Pleasant Stay at Hotel Deca”
Review of Hotel Deca

Hotel Deca
Ranked #64 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 October 2013

A nice hotel right at the University of Washington. The front desk staff is always gracious and welcoming, and the rooms are always comfortable. Its a perfect location if your visiting the University of Washington. This was my second stay, and it was as enjoyable as my first. I highly recommended this hotel, especially for business travel.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem updated and pleasant.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Hello Barton K,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so glad that as a business traveler you have found that we have everything you need. We have worked very hard at becoming the hotel for business travelers to stay at. Not only are we in a convenient location, we also treat our guests to the highest level of service and comfort. I hope we will see you again in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Deca

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Deca while I was in town to watch the Huskies game. The location was PERFECT! We were able to park, for a reasonable price, in the hotel's lot, and walk to the field from there. The Deca seems to be THEE PLACE for a lot of people going to UW games, as I noticed quite a lot of other guests in the Lobby for the game as well.
That being said, the staff was fantastic, and never failed to meet any request I had. The whole crew at the Front Desk were constantly busy, but handled everything in a very professional, timely matter as I was checking-in and out. The rooms were pleasant and clean. Beds extremely comfortable. All in all, if I'm ever looking to catch another Huskies game, this will be the hotel I recommend to my friends and family to stay.

Room Tip: Bronte at the Front Desk was exceptionally helpful!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Kw3836,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent trip to Seattle. I agree that we are THEE PLACE for people to stay during UW home games. Not only are we the closest hotel to Husky Stadium, we are also the more comfortable and the friendliest (at least in my personal opinion). I do hope to see you again during your next trip to Huskyland. GO DAWGS!!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Deca as part of our weekend staycation. What an amazing experience. The staff was amazing, the rooms were extremely comfortable, and I loved the free wifi. It is just a little bit outside downtown but 100% worth the very short drive to the Pike Place Market.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I will absolutely be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Helloseattletrip1005,

Now there is an exciting title to a post. If that does not get you pumped up I do not know what does. Thank you sooooo much for taking the time to write such an amazing review of the hotel. We are thrilled that you will be back again in the future.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I called the hotel directly and got connected to Paul, in reservations. He made the process painless, and answered every one of my questions before I asked them. He even set up my transportation to and from the airport. After a long late flight, I was greeted by a welcoming front desk team. The check-in process was quick and professional. In my profession, I am constantly travelling and am in and out of hotels. For the price, I was pleasantly surprised by the high quality of service, not to mention the great room and view of the city. Next time I come to Seattle, Hotel Deca will by my number one choice of stay.

Room Tip: Get Paul in reservations!! Call the hotel directly, rather than booking through the internet sites...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Hello Leigh P,

A “Diamond in the Rough”…I love that. Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize Paul and the rest of our outstanding team. Our goal is to create truly memorable experiences for our guests. We are thrilled when we find out we met, or even in your case, exceeded this goal. It sounds like we might see you again in the future. Hopefully it will be sooner than later.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Arrived at 4 pm on a weeknight and was promptly checked in by a very nice clerk. Was very pleased to find we had been automatically upgraded to premium double queen suite. The room was large,loved the large window and chaise lounge in front of it. The decor of the room and the lobby were beautiful. In fact my daughter took a picture of the bathroom and said she was going to show it to her dad so he could make her bathroom look the same, but we are still waiting for that project to begin:) our room was on 7th floor near elevator and we were not bothered by any hall noise. The in room coffee was good. Tully's in lobby was great benefit. We ordered late night pizza delivery and it was no problem. We will definitely stay here again on next trip to Seattle. easy access to freeway. Free wifi was appreciated. There is a charge for parking but worth it. The beds were super comfy,and lots of pillows.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear sammyo09,

Well, sometimes the title of a post says it all. We are all thrilled you had such a wonderful visit. I hope we have the opportunity to see you again during your next trip to Seattle.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Arrived about 10.00pm so wasn't expecting to be greeted by a host of receptionists and bunting but got a very bored, young girl who yawned through the check in process. No chance of a valet to unload the luggage - anyway it was late so just wanted my bed. Got to the room to find the bed sheets and towels all over the floor as it had not been serviced! Back to lobby - repeat the process above. Went to new room - 'non smoking' it said on the door, shame the previous occupant hadn't realised this! Tried to open the window but they had all been screwed down so had to rely on the noisy A/C to do its best.
To their credit the next day we got an apology and some money off but would rather have paid twice as much and had a better experience. There must be many better hotels than this in Seattle.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear JeffBarnes,

Let me start by saying how terribly sorry we all are about your experience at the hotel. Clearly we failed to deliver the superior level of service and comfort our guests have come to expect from us. I assure you I have already spoken to the team and we have implemented procedures so this does not occur again.

Again, I am very sorry. If you do see yourself coming back to Seattle again please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I would enjoy personally overseeing your reservation to ensure your visit is fantastic.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel Deca is one of only a handful of hotels close to the University of Washington. I have stayed in all (except the College Inn as my wife refuses to stay in what she calls a youth hostel) and the Hotel Deca is a reasonable alternative given the price. It has the best location of all the hotels near the University district, on 45th and Brooklyn, close to the Ave, within walking distance to Washington's sports facilities (we were up for the Oregon v. Washington game) and about 6 blocks from the house where my son lives.

The Hotel is in a building built in the 30s and the owners have tried to keep the Art-Deco charm of that period. The down side is the rooms and bathrooms are small, but the spaces are charming and well appointed. There are some maintenance issues that should be addressed as the latest remodel of the hotel must be several years past. The elevators (you must use do to security restrictions on each floor) have tears in the fabric siding and the room keys used to access one's floor don't work well if at all (we had to replace our key several times). The reservations are another issue. We prepaid for our room which was good as an acquaintance who had reservations showed up Saturday and no rooms were available. Parking is $16 extra while parking at the University Inn, Watertown and Travellodge is free. That and no complimentary breakfast is something looking for lodging near the University should consider when comparing cost.

On the plus side, the room views from the higher floors are spectacular especially toward downtown or toward the the University. We were on an upper floor and our view was Northeast, not so great, but the feeling of openness was nice. The beds were triple sheet with down comforters, but the matters was a bit old making you roll to the center. The rooms were clean and well maintained. I tried the coffee maker in the room and the coffee it produced - awful. They would be better off giving everyone a certificate for free coffee at Tullys, which is in the lobby. The walk in closet was large enough to sleep in, but had no light. The light switch for the bathroom is outside the bathroom, much to the chagrin of my wife who entered, closed the door and found herself in darkness asking "where's the switch." There is only one small garbage can in the bath that we easily overfilled both the days we stayed.

Given the price, closeness and cleanliness I would stay here again. I still prefer staying in a hotel downtown. Those in the hospitality business near the University district know they have a captive audience with few alternatives and all seem to take advantage of this, much to the despair of those seeking lodging in the University district.

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floors with a city view, but you will pay extra.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Charlie V,

Thank you for such an extensive review of the hotel. I truly appreciated learning about your experience. I hope we are able to see you again during your next trip to Seattle.