“Convenient location, parking, comfortable room”
Review of Hotel Deca

Hotel Deca
Ranked #64 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Corvallis, Oregon
“Convenient location, parking, comfortable room”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

At the recommendation of a colleague, I stayed here because of location, price, and easy parking. I was upgraded to a suite, which in all likelihood has spoiled me forever. The room was spacious with an enormous rooftop patio complete with planters, chairs and loungers (unfortunately it was not a day for sunbathing). The view was great and I especially enjoyed the gas fireplace, large bathtub, and stone tile shower. The bed was quite comfortable. I also felt very secure because the elevator requires a room key to go up. I plan to come back.

Room Tip: Get parking for $1 extra.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear ORstatenative,

It is nice to be spoiled every once in a while, right. So why not be spoiled with one of the best views in the entire city of Seattle. Not many hotel’s have roof top suites with patios that allow you to see all the best parts of the Pacific Northwest and our lovely city. It is spectacular.

Please come back again so we can spoil you some more.

Jonathan Bartlett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Overall quite pleased with this hotel- I stayed in one of their smaller suites since it was only me. Spent several nights there for a conference. Staff there were very professional and friendly. Room was clean and service met my expectations. Being near the university was also very convenient- alot of restaurants and eateries nearby mostly catering college students which I didn't mind. Would consider this hotel next time I'm back in Seattle.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hello JY32014,

Thank you for your review. I think you nailed two of the best things about our hotel..the staff and the neighborhood. Our team loves to hear fantastic feedback from our guests. It puts a huge smile on our faces and makes us feel proud of the job we do. And the neighborhood, it is all about the neighborhood. As the closest hotel to the University of Washington we love the active and vibrant feel of the shops and restaurants surrounding the hotel. It is definitely and exciting area.

Hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Best Wishes,

soquel
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I lived in Seattle in the 80s, and when I come back to visit, I like to stay at the Deca because it captures the funky retro appeal of those days. The two times i have stayed there i had a cheap, clean room with a view of Rainier. I love the chaise lounge in front of the window and all the cornball embellishments.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hello dian o,

Funky and Fun…great description of the hotel. As one of the only, if not the only, Art Deco we have really tried to keep the hotel true to form. We are so proud of the rich history of the hotel and feel it would be wrong not to celebrate it. I am glad you recognized our effort and spread the news about how truly “Seattle” we are.

Thank you again.

Pasadena, CA
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Had a most delicious breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Tried to go in for dinner, but I was with my daughter who is under 21 and wasn't allowed. Went back later for a nightcap by myself. Bartenders were great!! Convenient airport shuttle for only $50. My only criticisms would be that in the bathroom there's a soap dish, but no soap. Also the gym is dinky. Overall I enjoyed my stay and will be back!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Mom24Girls
Hello Mom24Girls,

I am so glad to hear you will be back. That is the greatest compliment of all. I am also pretty confident the restaurant loved your comments. They recently changed their breakfast menu and are getting some impressive feedback.

Hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Portland
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Very stylish lobby with comfortable public spaces. Room was comfortable and well decorated and the location is fabulous if you want to be near University of Washington, easily walking distance and just a block off fabulous University Ave with lots of eating/drinking/shopping options. Staff friendly and helpful. My only complaints were that they only allow 1 device to sign on @ a time on free wifi in rooms. With today's many mobile options, that seems a bit cheesy. Also, although I love the fabulous furnishings, I'd happily trade them for better ventilation in bathrooms. For more than 1 person showering, getting ready to go out, it's a long process. I know it's spendier than new coverlets, but......just saying! Also would have been wonderful to have dinner spot where we could take minors on site. Just in case it happened to downpour in Seattle.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
CamasNative,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit. I I also really appreciate all of your suggestions. We are already looking into two of them. I agree that it is a bit of a pain that you cannot log into multiple devices from your room. It is something we are hoping to change in the very near future. Also, we are looking to address the ventilation issue in our bathrooms. This one is a bit more complicated but it is one of the top priorities right now.

Thank you again. We hope your travels take you back to Deca very soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The service we got was very friendly and professional. Dustin at the front desk was especially helpful. The hotel lobby is spacious and with modern décor, and the adjacent cafe is convenient for morning coffee and pastries. Our room was spacious and clean and the extra pillows on the comfy bed were a great plus. The view from our room was beautiful. A pool and/or spa would be a great addition to this hotel.

Room Tip: Views on the upper floors are nice. Choose a corner room on the 10th floor or higher.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you Joanie P for the wonderful review. I am so please that Dustin exceeded your expectation and provided you with friendly professional service. I love your idea about a pool or spa. We will definitely put that on our list for future additions to the hotel.

Thank you again. We hope to see you again very soon.

Peshastin, Washington
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Reservation and check in nightmare. Colleagues for same conference received free parking-not us. We were charged $17 per night. They received "upgraded" rooms like ours for $20 less per night. Reserved a double queen room and got a King for two women colleagues not prone to sleeping together, then told they would "give a complimentary upgrade" to a 2 queen room. Check in front desk staff terrible.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views, but cost more. Rooms are small and bathrooms are amazingly tiny.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lyndie M,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your reservation and arrival experience. First impressions are always the most important impressions. If either of those do not wow our guests then the chances of exceeding your expectations becomes very difficult. I will look into what occurred to see how we can correct it. I am very confident that your next visit will be outstanding. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss further. I would love to know more details so that my focus is in the right direction. My number is 206.658.2372 or email is jbartlett@hoteldeca.com.

Thank you again.