“Its ok, Not the Best but could have been worse”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Deca

Hotel Deca
Ranked #60 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon
“Its ok, Not the Best but could have been worse”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Its ok, Not the Best but could have been worse. I have NEVER spent this much on a hotel in my life, My room was small No exhaust vent in bathroom, Keycard was a pain to get working in elevator....Maybe I just expected to much for what I was spending.... :( However the Staff was great

1 Thank RonE52024
Dear RonE52024,

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that we did not create the experience you were hoping for. I do appreciate your comments about the staff. The team truly is outstanding and loves to treat our guests to the highest level of comfort and care. Also, we are already working on solutions for the two issues you commented on. Hopefully we will correct both of these concerns over the next few months.

Thank you again.

Jonathan Bartlett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The reviewer that referred to the Hotel Deca as a "hidden gem" nailed it. The art deco theme of the hotel works. The District Lounge's funkiness, it's in the basement, is a plus. The room views are spectacular. The sites of Seattle are easily accessible from the Hotel Deca by walking, shuttle or bus. The staff is courteous and pleasant. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Cascade Mts. on a high floor.
1 Thank Phil M
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you Phil M for your review. I love your title “Hidden Gem”. It really made our day to read your review.

We look forward to your next trip to the hotel.

Best Wishes,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stay at this hotel every time I come to Seattle, which is a few times a year. The customer service is exceptional, especially the free shuttle. I'd especially like to compliment Kelsey on their staff, who is a thoughtful and courteous driver and front desk assistant.

• Stayed May 2014
Hello Lulueroux,

WOW!!! We are so excited to learn that you had such an enjoyable time. I did share your comments with Kelsey. She was thrilled. She is an amazing ambassador for the hotel and truly cares about our guest’s experience. She is one of the many reasons I think we have the best hotel in the city.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

There are not too many choices for a hotel in UW area. We have 2 kids at the University of Washington, and staying at Deca allows us to walk to and from their hosing and meet with them easily. University Village is a great outdoor shopping "mall", with restaurants and nice shops. I wish the hotel had a gym. They do offer a pass to a close-by gym. The hotel and the staff offer a personal "touch" and atmosphere. Rooms are nice, art deco look, appropriate for the origin of the building.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views. Windows can be opened, great feature, just watch the kids!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Dubravka M,

We are so excited that you have chosen Hotel Deca to be your home away from home while you visit your kids at the University of Washington. Thank you for your tip to all of our future guests about the great views on our higher floors. They are the best in the entire city. Also, we do have a very small gym located on the “B” level of the hotel. It is not large but it does offer nice equipment for a good workout. The local gym that we have a partnership does offer a more extensive array of equipment and weights for those guests needing a more intense workout.

Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit.

New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I loved our view and the location of the hotel. The staff was friendly and I felt comfortable leaving my car parked there overnight. The bed was SUPER comfortable and the pillows were fantastic.
Our breakfast experience was really disappointing. The menu was limited and the service was... friendly but scattered. The food was okay. I did like the thick cut bacon, but the french toast was too sugary.
I don't think I would let the food stop me from staying there again, there's plenty to do and see in the area and the bed... it was so comfortable.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views. The view of downtown Seattle and the Space Needle is great.
Hello Zombiemaegan,

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of our wonderful hotel. I will pass on your comments to our restaurant partner. Although we do not operate the restaurant here at the hotel the owner of the restaurant takes all comments extremely seriously and will make the necessary changes.

I do hope to see you again in the very near future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Had numerous issues w event we were hosting there. Various front desk personnel were not very helpful at best and severely lacking in customer service department at worst. And to finalize it, despite not having checked out and still being onsite and having been told we could check out at noon- room was processed and turned over without consent prior to my desired and agreed upon check out time.

Overall, the worst customer service I have received both in coordinating and event and in participating at an event.

Despite being close to campus and accessible by foot- I would not recommend hotel deca to any of my UW colleagues if they were planning on hosting and event near campus.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Ivsy95
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Ivsy95,

Thank you for letting me know about the issues that occurred during your visit to the hotel. Clearly there are a number of areas that we fell short so I would love to get a moment to speak with you directly about your experience. This is not the level of service we expect from our team and I assure you we will take the steps to correct the areas that need to be improved.

Please feel free to contact me directly at 206.658.2372 if you would like to discuss your visit in greater detail.

Again, I am truly sorry.

206.658.2372
Davis, California
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stay here alot as it is close to the UW, Fremont/Wallingford area, where my daughter lives. Love the views of the mountain and of Elliott Bay and the Space Needle. Clean and very comfortable beds. Good staff too.

Room Tip: Wonderful hotel in the U District. Great views of the city and the mountain and very comfortable be...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wendee S
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Wendee S,

Thank you for taking a few moments out of your day to write such a wonderful review. We are all so happy you had an enjoyable visit to the hotel and found the room to be comfortable. Hopefully we will see you on many more occasions during your visits to Seattle. We would love to become your official home away from home.