“Had a great stay and a great view.”
Review of Hotel Deca

Hotel Deca
Ranked #64 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Helen, Georgia
“Had a great stay and a great view.”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I booked the Hotel Deca having no expectations. I just wanted something near the U District. Wow was I pleasantly surprised. I did bid and book through Priceline so I got a very good rate. I actually got a room on a very high floor with a fantastic view of Seattle City Center. It is an older property that has been updated. The update was in a sort of art deco, trendy urban style. I was able to park on the street and didn't have to pay the hotel parking fee, but their parking fee is not unreasonable. I walked to dinner on University Way. I don't know what their typical rate is, but I'd would have been okay with $100 a night or maybe a little more.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on an upper floor with a western view toward downtown.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Temecula, California
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was on my back home from a long Business trip and I was re-routed to Seattle to handle some urgent matters. I arrived with barely anything as my bags were sent home. I was only allowed to stay at the Deca for 4 of my six nights due to availability and then had to move to the WATERTOWN, Which was a more modern hotel with certain upgraded amenities. However because of the service and smiles I received by both Tess and Kelsey, From the second I walked in the door I would choose DECA over all other Hotels with a second thought. They did everything from getting me an Early check-in to putting up with all my dumb questions. "And I had a Lot" LOL.
I am telling you, The DECA has two GEMS working for them and they should know it. In closing the lounge was Awesome as well the food was remarkably great and Deb along with Sean were AWESOME! Girls thank you for making my stay "of an unplanned trip" incredible! Sincerely, Chris Monahan.

Room Tip: I stayed in two different rooms while I was there, One was I believe a single so it was just a littl...
1 Thank Christopher M
Bryan H, Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this review, 17 November 2015
Dear Christopher M,

Thank you for your review. I have to agree, an unplanned business trip with no belongings would probably be a little worrisome and stressful, there is no better place to be than Hotel Deca. I am so happy to see the comments you provided regarding the service your received from Tess and Kelsey. I will be sure to pass along your comments for the rest of the team to see.

Regards,
Bryan H
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

While there is nothing inherently wrong with the hotel, it is too expensive for what you get. There are plenty of other good options with better value in the area to justify staying here again. Also, the pictures on the website are very misleading, which suggest that there is a rooftop restaurant (there isn't).

Room Tip: Rooms with a single king bed in the corners of each floor are very small.
2 Thank 19NYtraveler
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Love the overall design. Next time, I'll have people over for a glass of wine to enjoy the ambiance. Great Room and bathroom. Fantastic eggs! I didn't get upstairs to see the view which was one of the reasons I stayed there - no time.

Michigan
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Maybe my expectations were too high, particularly for the bathroom... but I found Hotel Deca not as fancy as the website portrayed it... It certainly wasn't gross or bad by any means. The bed was VERY comfortable. Wonderful views from windows particularly if your room is up high. I was on the 15th floor. The conference rooms were very decent and the food was very good.

1 Thank Kecia W
Bryan H, Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this review, 17 November 2015
Dear Kecia W,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to see that you found the bed to be extremely comfortable, and the views pleasant. However, I am terribly sorry to see that the pictures of the hotel set your expectations differently. We do our best to provide the most accurate pictures and information to ensure that guests expectations are always, at minimum met, but hopefully exceeded. I would love the opportunity to speak to you in person regarding the specifics of your stay, please email me at your earliest convenience: bharmon@hoteldeca.com.

Bryan H
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed 19 July 2014

First the good: Room was nice, nothing special, but also nothing outstanding. After the first night, my key didn't work in the elevator so I went to the desk. I was told, nastily, I must have put it near something to deactivate it. I told the young girl behind the desk that the three other people I was traveling with had the same problem and she said all three of us must have done the same thing. After researching the problem was told the room wasn't paid for and we needed to pay the full amount. A hold was placed my account, I understand the why and was told the next morning that the problem was taken care of and the three people in the party would be reimbursed the amount held on my account. At check out, we were told everything was all set. When I returned home, I saw on my account that I was charged the whole amount!! Called the hotel and was told, "I think I can fix the problem, but I don't want to mess it up, you need to call back later!" This was no little issue, it was over a $600 problem that STILL needs to be corrected! Also, if you venture a few blocks away from the hotel, it is very seedy. Not worth what was paid for.

4 Thank Bill S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Our room at Hotel Deca was very nice, with a comfortable, nicely updated old room with a fabulous view of Mount Ranier. Situated in the university district, it is convenient and a Tully's coffee shop is just off the lobby. But what made this place special to us was the exemplary service. When we calked housekeeping, we were attended promptly and courteously. When we arrived early for check-in, staff were gracious and kept our bags safe until the room was ready. When we did not have a charge cord for our iPad, Kelsey at the desk actually went to her car and have us hers. Unbelievable friendly service. Thank you Deca!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business