“Great location for UW and very helpful staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Deca

Hotel Deca
Ranked #61 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Arlington VA
“Great location for UW and very helpful staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hotel is in the University District and very convenient to UW. Bought tickets to the Chihuly Glass and Garden museum (near the Space Needle) and wanted to print the tickets. The museum web site had some glitches but the front desk clerk (Brittany) was very helpful figuring out a workaround. I also had an early morning flight and the front desk clerk (Alec) was also very helpful. Small disappointment was that the bathroom was a little small and it could use a fan, but the room was quite nice otherwise.

Room Tip: There is currently some construction nearby and some sirens at night, so you might want to ask for a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Salinas, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Do not stay here. Housekeeping manager on maternity leave and housekeeping not doing their job. Staff not helpful to solve problem. Overall very bad service. I called after stay as I thought I had left a bag there, housekeeping said they could call me if they found it, it has been over a week and I never got a call back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Claudia A
Hell, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Hard to believe that a hotel in Seattle, of all places, would run out of the in-room coffee sachets. But Deca currently has no coffee (except decaf). They said yesterday that more would arrive today. And today, they promised tomorrow. Very unprofessional.

Also, you must pay for Internet if you want to use more than one device in your room. This is extremely restrictive and also discriminates against couples and families.

Location is good for university-related activities. But try not to get an east-facing corner room. There is a massive construction site across the road, and the pedestrian crossing beeps are incredibly loud. Trader Joe's is nearby, and the 44 bus out the door takes you straight to the hipster suburb of Ballard.

Room Tip: Avoid southeast facing rooms, and those near the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dgdevil
Illinois City, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at hotel deca for a quick mid week stay. I had appts at the university medical center. Getting back and forth from there was extremely easy with the help of a young lady, kelsey. The hotel itself is an old hotel but has some very charming decor. I would definitely recommend this hotel to someone who needs easy access to the UW. Try to request a higher floor, the rooms and views are much more pleasent from the higher floors.

• Stayed July 2014
Helen, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I booked the Hotel Deca having no expectations. I just wanted something near the U District. Wow was I pleasantly surprised. I did bid and book through Priceline so I got a very good rate. I actually got a room on a very high floor with a fantastic view of Seattle City Center. It is an older property that has been updated. The update was in a sort of art deco, trendy urban style. I was able to park on the street and didn't have to pay the hotel parking fee, but their parking fee is not unreasonable. I walked to dinner on University Way. I don't know what their typical rate is, but I'd would have been okay with $100 a night or maybe a little more.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on an upper floor with a western view toward downtown.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Temecula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was on my back home from a long Business trip and I was re-routed to Seattle to handle some urgent matters. I arrived with barely anything as my bags were sent home. I was only allowed to stay at the Deca for 4 of my six nights due to availability and then had to move to the WATERTOWN, Which was a more modern hotel with certain upgraded amenities. However because of the service and smiles I received by both Tess and Kelsey, From the second I walked in the door I would choose DECA over all other Hotels with a second thought. They did everything from getting me an Early check-in to putting up with all my dumb questions. "And I had a Lot" LOL.
I am telling you, The DECA has two GEMS working for them and they should know it. In closing the lounge was Awesome as well the food was remarkably great and Deb along with Sean were AWESOME! Girls thank you for making my stay "of an unplanned trip" incredible! Sincerely, Chris Monahan.

Room Tip: I stayed in two different rooms while I was there, One was I believe a single so it was just a littl...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Christopher M
Bryan H, Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this review, 17 November 2015
Dear Christopher M,

Thank you for your review. I have to agree, an unplanned business trip with no belongings would probably be a little worrisome and stressful, there is no better place to be than Hotel Deca. I am so happy to see the comments you provided regarding the service your received from Tess and Kelsey. I will be sure to pass along your comments for the rest of the team to see.

Regards,
Bryan H
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

While there is nothing inherently wrong with the hotel, it is too expensive for what you get. There are plenty of other good options with better value in the area to justify staying here again. Also, the pictures on the website are very misleading, which suggest that there is a rooftop restaurant (there isn't).

Room Tip: Rooms with a single king bed in the corners of each floor are very small.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business