Hotel Deca
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
1,389 results
All reviewsuniversity districtu districtfront deskneptune theaterdvd playeran older buildingspace needlehigher floorrooms are smallseattle areacorner roomfew blocksuwlobbydowntownrainierneighborhood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

In the world of travel it's all about your agenda and desired result. I've stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions. When I've stayed there for work it's been great. It's a chic boutique style hotel in the heart of the University district. The rooms are spacious, clean, and funky fun. There's no room service but there's a cafe in the lobby and plenty of cheap dining options all around, great for a work trip. However, it isn't near downtown Seattle and it's a very inconvenient place to stay if you are in town for say, a Seahawk, a Mariner game or in to take the sights near Pike Street. So, if you're doing something near the University it's great. If you're doing something downtown, not do great.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Yet another great trip to Hotel Deca. I feel that Hotel Deca has truly captured the essence of who they are. Their front desk employees continues to surprise me, even when they have a huge lobby full of guests. Since my last visit, they have hired a few new faces and I would like to personally thank Brittany and Paul for their energetic personalities. They truly made me comfortable during my visit. Thank you again Hotel Deca, until next time.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor with a downtown view. If the 06 (king room) is not available, inform the employees that you would be comfortable in a 2 queen room for the downtown view. (07 room)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveltoandfro1
Bryan H, Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2015

Dear Traveltoandfro1,

I am so happy to see you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind words regarding Brittany and Paul. I will be sure to pass your comments on for the team to see. We look forward to your next stay at Hotel Deca.

Regards,
Bryan Harmon

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had a two-night stay at the Deca. I checked in on Saturday night and almost could not find a spot in the parking lot. I became worried when I saw the construction site across the street from my room but since it was the weekend, there were no activities. On Monday morning the construction resumed but the work they were doing was quiet. My room was large and clean. The flat screen tv was small for the size of the room. The bathroom was small too but the whole set up reminded me of home and I enjoyed that. To operate the elevator you had to insert your room key, giving the perception that you are safe. But apparently not safe enough. At 4:30am on the first night, I was awoken by the noise of at least a couple of drunken girls outside my door. They knocked on my door and laughed loudly. I told them to go away and they ran off. Then the alarm clock went off at 5:30 am. So if I cannot blame the hotel for the behaviors of some drunken girls I would think that a part of the hotel's work is to reset the alarm clock after each guest leaves. The rest of my stay had not further incidents. Overall I liked the decor of the hotel and the front desk staff was friendly and professional but it is the small details like the alarm clock and the tv that made the stay less than perfect.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Maybe my expectations are wonky, but for mid-week and not being in a destination or downtown Seattle this seemed expensive. I opted for a smaller room because I was traveling solo to shave a few dollars off the price. But for a tiny room and a reservation that was nonrefundable it was still $209 before taxes or parking.

By tiny, I mean a double bed pushed into a corner so you could only get in from one side. And the bathroom door could barely be closed while you are in there. (Have to stand to one side to close it.) But the room had a desk and chair and it was adequate for my short stay.

You can walk right into Tully's from the lobby for morning coffee and quiche (or oatmeal). Supposedly breakfast somewhere in the hotel but I didn't find it. (Someone was eating something at the bar in the lounge. Looked like perhaps an employee. Not very inviting.)

But I don't mean to be negative. The front desk staff person was very nice. It was clean, available and met my needs and I may need to stay there again.

Room Tip: My corner room was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I wouldn't even give this place 1 star but I had too. My stay was frm august 11 - August 17 2014 and out of all those days my room was only cleaned once! I had to call down to the front desk to get clean towels every day and when the room service did come and clean my room they had the nerve to tell me that I should give them a 10.00 tip!!!! Horrible horrible Horrible!!! I will never come back here again and on the last day I asked to get a hour late check out and they wouldn't even honor that. I came here thinking I was gonna feel relaxed and I left $1300.00 poorer and very unsatisfied!!! I would not recommend this place to ANYONE!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business