“Best Hotel experience ever”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street
Ranked #52 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Reston
“Best Hotel experience ever”
Reviewed 24 May 2011

My family of 6 stayed here 3 nights. We used the shuttle extensively (another hotel even told us NO Seattle hotel has shuttles) and the two shuttle drivers were helpful, friendly, and went out of their way to help us. Don't know if it's because we tipped every time, but I have a feeling they're just good guys. The food was wonderful - not haute cuisine but for a family on a budget with three little children and a grandmother, it worked out well for us. Gave us a portable crib when we asked. Took care of our luggage. Beds and sheets and pillows were very comfortable. The sofa bed was very uncomfortable but I've never slept on a comfortable one before. The windows did seem like they were open because they didn't seem to seal well but we did not hear outside noise, just a sort of hum from life outside which actually helps our children sleep better. A couple nights we heard sirens for a few seconds. One morning we got an apology for the fire alarm going off the night before but we were never disturbed any of our nights (and my husband is a pretty light sleeper) and certainly never heard a fire alarm. Even higher end hotels like the Hyatt have kept us up with noise from the hallway and other guests but we never heard a thing. Coffee is wonderful. Wifi worked well and no other place we stayed at during our trip in Seattle, Vancouver or Alaska had free wifi and the wifi you paid for was much worse than Homewood's speed. So many of their amenities are free as well, that it took a little adjustment with our other two hotels on our trip. Probably the best endorsement came from my children who kept asking us to go back to the Homewood, even after staying at a higher end hotel in Vancouver (snobby, not so helpful, more crowded) and a cruise ship! This is the place we'll stay at if we ever are in Seattle again, and we've recommended it to my sister to recommend to her friends as she lives in a suburb of Seattle. I like businesses that aren't afraid to ask people to give feedback on public sites and their own surveys because they are truly out to be a good hotel. None of the other hotels we stayed at cared about what we thought. This hotel did while we were there and when we came back. This is only the second review I've done on tripadvisor - the last place was in Belgium in 2004 and I can't even remember my login anymore - because a place has to be truly good to deserve my time to post!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank RobinYS
SEAHM, at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, 10 June 2011
Dear RobinYS-

Wow! I am blown away by this review! First off, I'd like to genuinely thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your experience at our hotel with the public. Your sincerity in all aspects of your post is heartwarming. Being a mother myself, I know that kids are the most brutally honest beings, and to hear that they enjoyed their time here so much is really a testament to your experience.

It is our pleasure to go above and beyond in any aspect that we are able, and we strive to provide our guests with the five star service they deserve when staying away from home.

From our family to yours, please consider us your home away from home in Seattle and we will look forward to your next Seattle vacation!!!

Lana Bulanova - Sales/Public Relations Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Goddard, Kansas
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Homewood is always the best for extended stays. This location has great service and a wonderful location. Excellent weekday receptions. Salmon and cocktails are on the menus. Decent daily breakfast and clean comfortable rooms.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Jenephuer
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, 10 June 2011
Dear Jenephuer-

On behalf of my entire team we'd like to thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We look forward to an opportunity to have you back with us when your travels next bring you to the Seattle area!

Marysville, Washington
Reviewed 29 April 2011

This is the second visit I have made to this hotel, arrangements made by the company that I work for. The hotel is clean, comfortable and nicely appointed. The breakfast has a nice variety...but the dinner should be a pass...the quality of the food is marginal. If you get a room on the front of the hotel...change it...quickly. With the I-5 directly out the windows, the noise in the bedroom area is a little loud.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtside room, high up.
2 Thank cariboukb
Hello cariboukb-

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are a downtown hotel so we are aware that some rooms are louder than others, and we offer solutions for our lighter sleepers. Beyond that I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope for an opporunity to have you back a third time!

Thank you - Lana Bulanova - Sales/Public Relations Coordinator
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Had read many reviews here and elsewhere and felt confident that Homewood Suites on Pike would work well for my travel buddy and me for our Seattle stay. My friend kept thanking me over and over for finding the perfect place. We arrived from Victoria via seaplane and it was a short cab ride to the hotel. We arrived midmorning and were pleased to have our suite available. Nice views from the 9th floor (have to change elevators at the 8th floor and find the elevator to the 9th down the hall a bit). We were impressed with the room layout: one bedroom with a king, white duvet, wall-mounted tv, separate bathroom with the best showerhead ever, living room with a sofabed for me (pretty comfy), large flat-screened tv mounted over the fireplace, desk with ergonomic chair, kitchen with dishes, as well as coffee, tea, popcorn. The closet in the living room is huge. There was a balcony as well... though the weather didn't make it that inviting while we were visiting. Loved the 5-7 pm reception with wine, beer, and much more food than I've ever experienced at such a venue. There were even fresh baked cookies besides the meatball sandwiches and salad bar one night. Morning breakfast is varied, with fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, hot food selections (one morning it was scrambled eggs, sausage patties, potatoes, make your own waffles with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, as well as the usual juices and coffee. Several employees are constantly refilling and cleaning, all very gracious and helpful. Brandon, the food service manager was working as hard as everyone, making sure guests were satisfied. Kudos to the front desk, too. Scotty the driver dropped me off at Westlake Center where I caught the light rail to SEA-TAC for my flight home. Unfortunately,my friend needed a lift to the Amtrak station, but she needed to get there before the shuttle service started. Still, we felt we hit the jackpot when booking Homewood Suites on Pike. Thanks to sales manager Lana Bulanova who helped link my paid stay to my Hilton Honors award stay. She is a gem and such an asset to the company.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank af3
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, 2 June 2011
Dear af3-

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel!! I'm blushing! It was my pleasure to be of service and to help in any way I can.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your suite on the executive floor and were satisifed with the overall accomodations of the hotel. I'm sorry to hear that the weather wasn't in your favor throughout your stay - but that just means you'll have to come back and see us in the warmer months!

Thank you again for your great feedback about our hotel and on behalf of my entire team we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Seattle (hopefully in warmer weather!)

Lana Bulanova - Sales/ Public Relations Coordinator
Vancouver
Reviewed 28 April 2011

We just returned from another great trip to Seattle and the Homewood Suites on Pike. We have stayed at this property a number of times over the last several years and we continue to be very pleased with this property.

Our room was a 1 bedroom suite with King bed and sofa bed. There is a small kitchen with fridge, stove top and dishwasher. Very clean and well appointed with lots of room for family of 4.

Our trip was mostly to attend a conference at the Convention Center (Sakura Con 2011) and you couldn't get any closer or more convenient. 2 minutes door to door. While in Seattle we spent time at Pike Place Market just down the street and went to a Mariners game as well.

All the staff at this hotel are very service oriented with special mention to Pete, Danielle, Scott and Kelvin. All very friendly, professional and interested. It really is a pleasure to have the hotel staff care about your stay and handle any questions or concerns with such professionalism.

In addition to the rooms and great staff, we really appreciate the morning breakfast and complimentary shuttle. Breakfast has a wide selection of hot and cold items and although busy the food was consistently refilled throughout the morning. The shuttle took us to the Mariners game and back as well as to a couple of local restaurants. Very easy to book and use.

Our entire family is pleased with this property and we hope to stay here on every trip to Seattle.

2 Thank Scott Johnson
Dear Scott Johnson-

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. It means so much to hear such great feedback from a loyal guest such as yourself. It is our goal to provide you with all the comforts of home but still maintain all the excitement of being in a new city.

We do have a fantastic location which sounds like it worked out perfectly for your family. You were right next door to Sakura Con and also got to visit Pike Place and attend a Mariner game!

Thank you again for your kind review of our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel upon your next visit to Seattle!!!

Cambridge, UK
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Stayed at Homewood Suites while at a recent conference at the convention centre. I found the set up really convenient and really liked not constantly having to eat out. The suites all have some cooking facilities and a breakfast buffet is provided included in the price. On weekday evenings there is also a light evening meal including wine or beer provided free of charge. The food is not cordon bleu but the breakfast had enough variety to make most people happy. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and rooms were of a good standard. The only downside was freeway noise - ear plugs are provided though! Although Homewood is part of the Hilton group the experience was very different from the standard Hilton city-centre hotel experience, service was better and I didn't feel like they were going to try and charge me extra every time I moved a muscle.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, 17 May 2011
Hello Homesick_10-

We hope that by staying with us you have eased some of your homesickness! We strive to create a home away from home feel for our guests with the level of service we provide and the amenities we offer. I am delighted that you were comfortable in your suite and we're able to cut meal costs by taking advantage of our complimentary breakfast and evening receptions.

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. If your travels bring you back to the Seattle area, please consider us your home away from home.

Pittsburg, California
Reviewed 26 April 2011

The hotel was clean,staffs were friendly,food served at the buffet on breakfast/dinner was good,shuttle drivers were very nice...what else I can asked for! I give this hotel a rating from 1-5 to score of five because of the excellence they give to customers like us from out of town. I've talked to other customers,they've been coming back and forth to this place coz of all amenities that you cannot find to other hotels around Seattle. Overall, my family & I enjoyed everything and hope to come back to Seattle and stay here again,maybe no changes withe the good service they give to all!....one thing,shuttle was busy because they only have one so the waiting time is a little bit longer!

Room Tip: Go to trip advisor...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Dear Familypraystogether-

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad you had the opportunity to take advantage of our value added amenities such as the shuttle service and the evening Manager's reception. It is our goal to provide our guests with five star service, I am very pleased to hear that this was your experience.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to Seattle!