Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$161
  • Breakfast included
US$218
US$171
US$383
US$300
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$263
US$227
Travelocity
1,600 results
All reviewsconvention centermon thursfull kitchenlight dinnerevening receptionliving roompike stbreakfast and dinnerfree breakfastcapitol hillhot breakfastsmall kitchenfront desk staffking suiteattending a conferencevalet parkinghome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel when in town on business and stayed an extra night to explore the city. I booked one night of my hotel with points and booked a separate reservation with my credit card. They were the exact same room type so I wouldn't have to check out of a room and into another room during my stay.

Upon check in, I received an upgrade which was only available one night and no other rooms except much smaller rooms than I booked were available .So I could either end up paying more for the smaller room (booked a king suite - queen std was offered) or check out and in again the next day to switch rooms.

The front desk staff gave me a 2pm check out and it was about exactly 2pm that next day that the other room was ready. I checked in and thought all was good until I noticed it was really warm in the room 75 degrees and climbing. I called to the font desk who informed me that the air conditioning was not working on that side of the building but I could switch rooms AGAIN. So I did but don't think the air was working there either. It was a rare SUNNY weekend so maybe they didn't think they needed the air conditioning.

Other than spending quite a bit of time at the front desk during the weekend, the hotel itself had very nice, large, clean rooms. I just wish their reservation system had kept me in the room type I had originally booked so I could avoid the hassle and waste my time waiting around on day 2 to check out and check back in.

The location was great. It was near downtown and all the restaurants (walkable) and about half mile walk from the Light Rail.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

TravelinLeather,

Thanks for taking the time to write about your stay on Trip Advisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall an we apologize for the inconvenience caused you by the room type change. We do have many different kinds of suites and the initial suite that you booked was in high demand, thus we needed to move you to the second room to keep you in the room type that you booked for that reservation.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to stay here. We had read some reviews that were concerning, however, the room was great. Clean, seemed quite new with furnishings and carpet, large, spacious for a family of 5. Requested a suite with a separate bedroom and then the pullout sofa in the living area. Full kitchen with dishwasher. Close to the Pikes market, still about 9 blocks to walk, but not too far. Breakfast was served in the morning, with a wide selection. I would say my only complaint was we had specifically requested a roll away bed, and when making the reservations it was clearly pointed out that we had 3 children and would need one. Upon arrival there were no roll aways available, they told me it is a first come first serve basis, and I was put on a waiting list. A bit discouraging, because I had requested one and there was no mention of a first come, first serve. However, the staff was trying to be very accommodating and offered to put us in a room with two queen beds and a sleeper sofa. We opted not, because we liked the privacy of a separate bedroom. All in all a good stay, clean, and friendly staff, helpful in finding us a close by church and recommendations for transportation to local attractions.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank muchtocee
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

muchtocee,

Thanks for taking the time to let other folks know how your stay went. I am sorry that you did not get exactly what it was that you were looking for (given the rollaway request was not able to be met) but I am pleased that our staff worked hard to find other options for you. Thank you as well for pointing out our amenities. Hopefully we will see you and your family on your next trip to Seattle.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

My girlfriend and I were looking for a place close to downtown Seattle and Pike Place. Booked this hotel through expedia and couldn't have been happier! Every one of the staff here were super friendly and the valet driver treated my Civic just as good as the Maserati parked next to it. Our room was clean and very quiet and everything was very well looked after. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and convenient. Pike Place market was about a 10-15 minute walk from here and there was lots of shopping to do on the way. I will definetly be staying here on our next trip to Seattle!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ryan M

Ryan M,

Thank you so much for your review. Our staff tries its best to make every guest's stay a success and I am pleased that you found that to be the case for you and your girlfriend. We are also glad that we will be your choice the next time you visit Seattle.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Really nice hotel. I loved how my room curved around like the corner and had windows all around to see out with a nice balcony to sit on. Could hear some traffic outside, but hotel noise was completely absent. Loved the free breakfast and dinner with wine! I just wished there was somewhere to park instead of paying $32 a day for valet parking.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank caribbeandd_42
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

caribbeandd_42,

We appreciate your kind words about the hotel. The high price of parking in downtown Seattle in general is definitely high. We do our best with our valet team to ensure that the value is there for the price of the parking. We're pleased that you found the hotel to be great overall.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stayed here with 2 kids. Great location - 10 blocks east of Pike Place Market, 4-5 blocks from shopping (Westlake, Pacific Place, Nordstrom, Niketown) and restaurants.

Rooms were nice - clean, updated, comfortable bed, nice shower pressure, kitchen (everything but an oven). Water from tap in kitchen was cloudy - didn't taste or look good (which is weird, as Seattle generally has good water). Speaking of water, the workout room was completely out of water - I called, they said they'd send someone right away, but 15 minutes later and still no water.

Workout room is open 24 hours/day. TVs built in to nice equipment (not the cheap stuff - I'm over 200 pounds, and I ran 60 minutes on the treadmill with no slip). They provide headphones and towels.

The hotel faces the freeway - just above I-5. You'll hear cars and semi's all day/night, but it's not bad - I'm a light sleeper, and the noise was tolerable (more of a constant sound vs being by a bus stop or hearing sirens).

The breakfast was one of the best I've had - kids and I loved it. Bacon was good, waffles were excellent, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice...all good. And all included with our room.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Excellent value.

Room Tip: 9th floor rooms require a separate elevator (from 8th to 9th floor only). Kind of a pain - probably better off staying on 8th floor if you like to be up high.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank The40YearOldDad

The40YearOldDad,

Thanks for the overall wonderful comments about the hotel. Hopefully you and your family will stay with us again when you return to Seattle.