Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street
Ranked #52 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Welwyn, United Kingdom
“Ask questions!”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Lovely suites, but be mindful of one of the Duty Managers who is very fierce, and off point when it comes to customer service.
Also make sure they tell you of all the policies regarding checkout, instead of trying to charge you extra when you try to check out.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Superkit60,

I am sorry that you had concerns about our check out time and with the duty manager. I will have a discussion with my staff to make certain we are clearly explaining our policies at check in. Thank you for complimenting our suites and I hope you will provide us with another chance in the future.

Scott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

Our original room was 4th floor on Pike Street - very noisy from cars/traffic. You could hear everything. Homewood Suites should do something about that.

Moved to a courtyard room - very nice.

If you are walking to Pike Place - it is a little longer of a walk than I wanted. I love HHonors, but Sheraton is closer.

• Stayed September 2012
RangerBobIsHere,

I am sorry that you initially were uncomfortable in our city view room. We are located on a major east-west artery through downtown and up into Capitol Hill and we do agree that the courtyard view rooms are quieter. I appreciate that you took the time to share this information with the community as it helps our future guests as they complete their travel plans. I hope this will not detract you from booking a future stay with us.

Matawan, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I chose this hotel based on past stays at Homewood Suites. I stayed here for a night before a cruise. The room i received was nothing like the room described on teh website or what i have at other Homewood Suites. I travel about 300 days a year and I know my hotels. The room was tiny! My 2nd bedroom in my cruise ship cabin was larger! The room was so small that i had to have the dresser removed so we could move around the room. We had 6 pieces of luggage, plus carry on bags and there was no room to move. I choose Homewood because I have special dietary needs and like to make my own breakfast in the room. This room had nothing, no fridge, no microwave, no stove (but they did give us a package of micowave popcorn, too bad there was no microwave to pop it in) NOT WHAT I PAID FOR! THIS CLOSET OF A ROOM WAS THE SAME PRICE AS A FULL SUITE. I complained to the front desk staff many times. They said the hotel was full. I wasn"t even offered a discount or additional Hilton points. As a GOLD level Hilton guest i should have been up graded to a better room, like they did at the Hampton Inn Istayed at in Vancouver. ALso, we did not have a private balcony so i could leave the door open as i slept. I didn't get any of my gold level freebies (water, cookies or whatever) and I was not greeted as a Gold Hilton honors guest like I should have been. I plan on writing letters to Hilton, the GM at the Hotel as well the corporate owners of the property, Chesapeake Lodging Trust.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the room you pay for
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
TRAVELINMANFROMNJ,

Please accept my apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. We do all that we can to upgrade our Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond guests and we are not always able to do so during peak demand at our hotel.

I have been in contact with our corporate office and I want to make sure that you know that we are taking your issue very seriously at both the property and corporate level.

I hope that you did get the opportunity to experience and enjoy Seattle despite your concerns about our property and I hope you will provide us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Chandler
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed three days at Homewood Suites before we left on an Alaskan Cruise. We sure were glad that we made the choice to spend two more days there when we returned from Vancouver, BC

Great staff, great location; we loved it!

Room Tip: If you have trouble with traffic noise, this may not be the best choice. You do here the traffic...
IamSam52,

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experiences at our hotel. We are glad you chose to stay with us and also glad to hear that your experiences in Seattle were great. Please remember us the next time you are in town.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Our hotel stay after our cruise was just absolutely wonderful. Homewood Suites staff made us feel extremely welcome and referred us to a couple of places while waiting to check in. Will definitely stay here again when we are back in Seattle.

crownroyal69,

Our staff appreciates the kind words about them. Thanks for choosing us and please come back to see us again.

Northern Virginia
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We stayed for two nights. This hotel really excels in customer service. Front desk was especially helpful but every staff member we met was friendly. Room was spacious, comfortable and clean. Breakfast was fine. Happy hour drinks and food were not so good, but since they were complimentary, I wouldn't have expected 5-star dining. Very convenient location. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
fuoco,

Thank you for sharing your experiences from your stay. We are very pleased to hear the compliments on our service and associates. We welcome you back when you visit Seattle again.

Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Last time we were in Seattle we stayed at another Homewood Suites property in town but not this property. While there was nothing to complain about the other property this is where I will stay from now on. The hotel is pleasantly situated in downtown Seattle. It is about 8 blocks from the Pikes Street Market and perhaps 4 blocks away from the heart of downtown and the monorail to the Seattle Center. Its price based on location cannot be matched as your stay includes breakfast and happy hour during the week. The hotel is nice and clean, modern, and has all the extra amenities one would expect from a Hilton property and especially a Homewood Suites. My only mild complaint about the hotel was that parking is only valet and the price was a bit steep at $33 a night however parking in Seattle itself is a nightmare and the valet staff did wash our car. Overall as much as I travel to Seattle I will be back here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
KUKatie,

It is great to hear that you will keep coming back to our hotel. Thank you very much for the kind words and we look forward to serving you when you return to Seattle.