“Perfect Seattle Getaway”

Ranked #49 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Los Angeles, California, USA
“Perfect Seattle Getaway”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Visited Seattle for the first time with my boyfriend and found this location to be in the middle of everything. I called the hotel prior to arrival and found out the light rail would be the easiest (and cheapest) way to get to the hotel ($5.50 for the two of us). It was only a couple blocks walk to the hotel, and I was able to get a feel for the city. Upon arrival to the hotel the staff greeted us and told us about the free dinner (M-Th), and breakfast they offer everyday. This helped eliminate the cost of a meal, and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food they offer.

My entire stay I didn't need to rent a car because everything was walking distance. I walked to the Space Needle, up Capital Hill (which has fantastic food- especially if you are looking for a non-chain restaurant), to the Ferris Wheel, and Pike Market. If you get tired the public transportation is easy to figure out, but if you're okay walking a couple miles throughout the day I would recommend walking. I highly recommend this hotel because of the perfect location, great staff, and cleanliness of the facility.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank YogiP08
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Victoria P,

It is always a great thing for us to receive such a positive review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Scott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Calgary
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We chose this hotel over Sheraton few blocks south and we are extremely happy with the choice. Breakfast was very good and menu is vegetarian friendly too. You get at least 3 hot items such as sausage, egg and harsh-browns, plus many other b'fast items. On weekdays (Mon- Thu) you get a reasonable supper too for the room price. Also they have coffee in the lobby all the time. Rooms are very spacious and clean. The 2 negatives are the parking fee and bit of noise from I-5, but non bothers us. There are 2 car rentals in the hotel. The staff were very friendly and I noticed the front office always greet you when you pass the main door. The room had a kitchen, full size fridge, dish washer and microwave plus some limited kitchen items. Overall for the price I paid, this is far better choice in my case.

Room Tip: If you have a car,either pay for parking or find a different hotel where you can park free and take...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank CalgaryLankan
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
CalgaryLankan,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our amenities and service. Thanks so much for the positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you the next time you return to Seattle.

BEAVERTON
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The suite we had was very comfortable, great bed, very convenient location. We walked to Pike's Place and the EMP at the Space Needle, although we do walk a lot normally. The breakfast was good, the staff very friendly and helpful. My only reservation is the required valet parking was quite expensive. If you don't have a car its probably a perfect place but it made a moderately expensive stay even costlier.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DAVID B
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
DAVID B,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and amenities. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our food good and our staff friendly. Our parking charges, we believe, are in line with costs downtown and our valet service provides exceptional value. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Seattle.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Excellent
-room´s
-breakfast (see pic)
-happy hour - free wine and beer to go with dinner
-service. extremely helpful and nice.
-always fresh coffee
-room service

not so good
-dinner (tasteless and not very attractive).

-Would not have minded having a bar there or at least something sold from the fridge..

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Gunnaros1,

We hope you enjoyed your visit from Iceland. We loved having you and your group stay with us and hope you will come back to vist us again soon. We appreciated the feedback and will share with our staff.

lima
Reviewed 20 October 2012

First of all the name of the hotel is deceptive to me. When I booked my stay there I assumed I would be in a suite; "Homewood Suites" right? No I was in your standard hotel room. No refrigerator, microwave or other amenity that I would associate with a suite. My bathroom was so small the door almost hit the toilet when opened. When I asked to be moved to a suite I was quoted a room price 3 times higher than I was paying. A business associate was staying in the hotel in a real suite and actually paid LESS for their room than the one I was in and we booked at the same time. The walls and woodwork were chipped and beat up. The exercise room had decent equipment but the TVs only worked on two of them. The breakfast to me was something I could get at any hotel that offered a hot breakfast. It was all processed as well. The thing that really bothered me was the housekeeping slipped a little more each day. It started by not cleaning the room until after 3pm, then not relacing the water glasses and then not even refolding the towels. The water glass issue really bothered me but I thought if I complained who knew what was going to happen to my stuff/bed/ water glasses while I was out of the room. It was in a good location by the convention center and everyone was friendly but that was about the only good thing the hotel had going for it.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sket101
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
sket101,

I am very sorry that you our hotel did not meet your expectations. We do have some rooms that are not suites and we do have that listed on our website as not being suites; however, it seems that your room was booked without your knowledge of that fact and I am very sorry that this has ocurred. It is certainly our goal to be as transparent about our amenities as possible.

We will review your feedback about our property with our team so that we may better assist our future guests. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve by commenting on your stay.

I do also want to thank you for mentioning the friendliness of our staff.

Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We (family of 4) stayed in a 1-bedroom suite for 2 nights at this hotel. Our stay was pleasant. Their staff were professional and friendly. Our room was clean, and the bathroom is rather spacious. Our room was on the 8th floor with view of the city. It has a tiny balcony. We could hear traffic noises during the day, but the noise wasn't bothersome at night with all windows shut. There is a single laundry room on the 8th floor (laundry facilities available on some floors only).
We had to pay $$ for hotel parking (valet only), which is common in many cities downtown. Also, there was no other parking option nearby. Valet service was friendly and fast, so we didn't mind the fee.

NOTE: The hotel is located on a steep 'hill'. It may be difficult to walk back to the hotel with a stroller. Also, rooms on the 9th floor require 2 different elevator rides to get to.

I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
StephanieO1,

We are glad to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us. I'm especially pleased to hear about the friendliness of our staff. Thanks for providing our future guests with a very detailed explanation of our amenities. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

This hotel is all-suites, either new or renovated, with large living areas, fireplaces, balconies and fully equipped kitchens! To set it apart, it even has a pool table and rooftop pool that looked like a lot of fun.

I've stayed twice now with great experiences both times and would not hesitate to stay again. It's got AVIS on site, is close to the heart of downtown Seattle and is convenient to the I5. Great value for your money and, even though it is considered an extended stay hotel, should be considered for short stays too. As a HHONORS GOLD member, I was even provided an upgrade to a larger corner suite (on one of the two stays).

Room Tip: 5th floor is nice because it is the same floor as the pool table and rooftop pool
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
ryan_from_ottawa,

It is great to hear that you returned to the hotel and will come back again. I'm also happy to know that you were recognized and upgraded as an Honors member. Please come back the next time you are in town.