Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street
Ranked #52 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was stuck in smoking room, the hallway smelled like an ashtray TV didn't work and the breakfast was way below average even for Continental . they never supplied me with anything larger than a hand towel

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter C
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

elbertedison,

Please accept my apologies that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Our smoking rooms are separated from the remainder of our hotel and we do all we can to keep our smoking hallway smoke-free. I do hope, despite your unhappiness currently, that you do choose to give us another chance and choose a non-smoking room next time. I believe your experience would be more in line with your expectations.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was in town over the weekend for Emerald City Comicon and I must say that I had the pleasure of having very great interactions particularly with the front desk and the valets. They had great knowledge of the area and treated every person that walked in the door like it was a member of their own family.

The comments left here are very on par with each other- you are absolutely within walking distance to everything from downtown and up in Capitol Hill, so you are well suited to get around just about anywhere on foot. This is definitely a spot I would stay at consistently whenever I'm here in town. Not often would I comment on something, but I honestly felt blown away during my stay in Seattle thanks to this staff- Noah, Jared, Alex, Dexter, and Caitlin!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank elbertedison
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

elbertedison,

That is awesome feedback! I'm so glad that not only did you have fantastic service from our associates, but they stood out in a way that enabled you to recall their names and share that with the TripAdvisor community. Thanks so much for coming this year for Comicon and staying with us and we will see you next year!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was my first time staying in a suite! My group have stayed in almost every hotel surrounding the convention center in a one to six block radius just to go to Sakura-con and this year we chose Comicon instead and chose Homewood suites to be our weekend home.So even though I've never left a review I have had plenty of experience with hotels in the last 8 or so years in my life. Now that that's done. I will say this we loved it there, we had a great time when we were in our room! Even our sensitive sleeper wasn't too bothered by the outside noise that is Seattle. We took advantage of the kitchen and the internet, but ONE of my favorite moments with this hotel was when we checked in. When we arrived we heard the front desk lady say to someone room won't be ready till four, still we walked forward to check in, imagine our surprise when we found out ours was already well... ready! We were in a 2 Queen bedroom suite!
Our only complaints are these:
The mattress for the pull out bed needs replacing the person who slept on it could feel the bars and he slept with the whole thing closed the next night.
When we played the game find the room safe (we had small firearms to store) we failed and had to store them at the front desk (not a huge problem and actually created a funny story when we had check them in and later out!). We would like it better to have the safe in the room and couldn't figure out why this wasn't a thing here.
The kitchen trash can shouldn't be so small. I would suggest a bigger one, at least for convention season, those of use who like to use this part of the room found the kitchen trash can to be laughably small and filled up quickly. We don't have to cleaning lady come through to clean preferring to be left alone. Our trash was over-flowing by the time we finished this weekend.
The toilet we had to press the leaver and hold to flush... why is this? Just wondering really...
Truly we had a great time, all these things are very minor compared to our over-all stay and we are even planning booking next years room right away for next years Comicon! These are just minor improvements we would like to see for next time! Thank you! (Didn't use the pool so it isn't rated. Same with restaurant)
Jen M.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer M

Jennifer M,

What a detailed response! Thank you for coming loyally to our hotel over the years and I'm happy that we finally gave you reason to post about your stay on TripAdvisor. We can't always accommodate early check-ins, but when we can, it sure makes a difference. As far as the minor issues, if you could contact us at the desk (or call me directly), we can find ways to address the majority of them. Our rooms don't have safes in them, so the only place is the front desk, and I'm sorry about that, but I don't think that will change in the near future. We'll see you back next year for Comicon!!!!!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The size and quality of our suite was excellent. The little balcony was a nice touch. Bed was very comfortable and bathroom was exceptional. Outstanding location for the convention center, downtown, and Capitol Hill. Parking is very expensive, but typical for hotels downtown. There was a problem with my reservation when I arrived, but the staff fixed everything and the stay was very good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Ryan C,

Thanks for letting us fix the reservation issue, and sorry that you had to deal with that issue. We're happy to know that our service and the quality of our guest rooms and amenities made your stay a success. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My stay here was great and the staff was amazing. Suites are spotless and service exceeded my expectations. The Managers reception dinners are nice to come back to after a workday. The staff in the kitchen is very nice. Say hi to JD when having dinner he is very kind and great conversation. Thank you Homewood Suites of Seattle for the great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mathew C

Mathew C,

You're welcome! Our staff is committed to you and we're happy to know that our job is getting done! I'll make sure to let DJ know that he hit the mark with his service and his culinary skills!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

loved the fact they had arcade machines available and they did not charge for these little bits of home. The breakfast was exactly as expected and the room was amazingly clean. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arthur E

Arthur E,

We like to know that we are providing some of the comforts of home while you are traveling. Thanks for pointing that out to our future guests. The Cabana Room, newly renovated, is certainly a fun spot and a little different that what you'd find in most hotels. We'll see you again the next time you're visiting Seattle.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was a nice facility in a weird spot. Access from the street was not good and poorly marked. Rent-A-Center has better furnishings than the room had. Low quality and ugly furnishings for such a nice room. The Heater was LOUD!! The lock on the bathroom door was broken, window latch was either broken or missing altogether, (VERY SCARY as it swung out on it's own when released with no discernible way to grab or close it) The fireplace was off in the lobby. The pool was closed! It would have been nice to have known that in advance. The breakfast was of gas station quality at best, even the fruit was not fresh. It would have been a mercy to have just NOT offered it at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Christopher C,

I'm sorry that you had such a difficult stay. We are upgrading our furniture in our rooms as we speak and I hope you will give us another chance. If you do wish to speak further about the issues you had, I'm happy to chat with you anytime - and again, we certainly would have wanted your stay to be better.