“Homewood Suites' staff were the most accommodating.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street
Ranked #50 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Honolulu
“Homewood Suites' staff were the most accommodating.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2010

The location was very convenient to everywhere downtown. The complimentary shuttle service made it even easier to get around. Breakfasts offered something for everyone. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank treeladyHonolulu
SEAHM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, 4 January 2010
Hello treeladyHonolulu!
Thank you for your great comments on our staff during your recent stay. Our goal is to provide you with the best service we can and we are happy to hear of your experience.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to Seattle!
Greg Dietl - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tacoma, WA USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2010

We are seasoned travelers, but we're also from the Puget Sound area, so it was quite a challenge to "choose a home base place" for a small Seattle Downtown movie, dinner, romance adventure (on a budget) for our anniversary eve (we were married in Seattle and stayed at one of the large, but very nice "corporate" hotels, the Westin for that special evening...)

Homewood (now a Hilton after being called Pike Place Suites and Summerfield under previous nameplates) quite simply was the best overall value we could find, and WE really knew where and what to look for. Its location is outstanding for walking, exploring and being right in the thick of the things most really want to "see" in Seattle. And if you need to go further, it's ideally situated to do it from.

"Top Marks" for: Front Desk friendliness/knowledge, Engineer (we had a door lock glitch, so they gave us a quick upgrade 'til getting the room back open), Location (They are easy off I-5 and away from a lot of the one-way hassles of downtown) besides their valet during the week you may get lucky like us and find free parking across the street - from late Saturday through Sunday when meters are off) they're one block from the Wa State Conv Ctr if that's of interest, and only 3 blocks or so from the Regal Theater complex and literally scores of great local and chain restaurants and shops. Finally, it's a straight shot right down Pike about 9 easy blocks to the Pike Place Market "pig" entrance.

"Good Job"s for: Rooms (a bit tired, but nice kitchens, baths, furnishings and comfy Hilton beds), Exercise Room with water cooler, towels, TV and some weights, plus 2xTreadmills, 2xEllipticals, 1 Recumbent Bike - all NEW Precor with Cardio Theater TV's and near-pro gym quality) "Hot" Breakfast (better than Denny's but not quite up to Embassy Suites standards - but the price- Free - was right!), Shuttle Service (we didn't use but it was a great itinerary and they were flexible about pick-ups until around 9 pm. Great if you are tired after walking all over the city.

Biggest Surprise: The price, just over $100 incl. tax for an admittedly quiet night, just after New Year's.

The Last Words...This is a great place to stay if you want a quiet and close-by hotel to kick back (even play pool in their lounge!), with a weekday manager's reception, and to keep some food, drink around your room (big fridge, a microwave and a stovetop, plus a coffee maker and the bonus - Starbucks coffee always hot in the lobby, incl. real creamer. You can buy munchies from their quick selection but there are markets everywhere, including a fairly close QFC supermarket up on Capitol Hill, a mini mart by the Conv. Ctr. and a nice IGA with decent wine prices right down on 3rd Ave. off Pike. If you want to work out and not pay extra, it's a 24-hour fantastic value - so pick the "off-times" to avoid any crowds and get a real workout incl. in your room price. Or just head down the hill, to Pike Place, Pioneer Square, or the waterfront. You'll be walking lots, especially back up the hill to the hotel, but there's lots of food and drink along the way to cure what "ales" you...

"Top Tips" nearby from a Local "Tourist": Pike Place Pub for beer and magnificent crab-stuffed Salmon filet. Everything's wild, food is best quality, beer brewed there has won awards. McCormick and Schmick's...great drinks, consistently better seafood, reasonable wine list values. Key Lime Pie that is more like cheesecake but puts others to shame! Avoid Rock Bottom, Tap House Grill has a great selection though...Want to see Seattle and its environs from the water - try Argosy Cruises, a family-owned company, and always focused on service and true value. or just hop a WS Ferry!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 1StepBeyond7
Dear 1StepBeyond7!
WOW! Thank you so much for the kind words of praise on our team of seasoned associates. We strive to provide the best we can and appreciate hearing of your stay.
I have to agree with you on our location - it's central to everything even if involves some walking.
Thank you again and we welcome you back to the Homewood Suites by Hilton on Pike Street anytime!
Downtown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

a hotel of choice if traveling with family. we loved the rooms with a kitchen. best of all the hotel had free breakfast and free dinner. the front desk staff was wonderful. free shuttle to nearby downtown areas.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank DowntownSeattle
SEAHM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, 11 January 2010
Hello DowntownSeattle!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our Homewood Suites by Hilton in Downtown Seattle!

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Seattle!

Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2010

Nice friendly staff, and clean hotel. Our suite was very roomy. The free breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tiaj2001
Hello tiaj2001!
Thank you for great review of your recent stay with us! Our goal is to provide the best service and accommodations possible. We look forward to your next visit to Seattle!
calgary, alberta, canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2009

I arrived on an early flight & arrived at the hotel just after 9am. The front desk staff welcomed me and immediately found me a suite even though check-in is not until 4pm!
The complimentary breakfast was still open so I was also invited to enjoy breakfast!
I couldn't have felt more welcome.
The suite was spacious, clean and fully equipped. It was located away from the noisy Pike Street side.
The breakfast had many selections both hot & cold and the evening reception was also substansial and included a selection of beer or wine.
I noticed many families enjoying eating together morning and evening.
The location was central and right next to the convention centre with its great free art exhibit .
Great shopping and Pike Place Market are within walking distance.
It was also within easy walking distance of the new SoundLink Light Rail station at Westlake Centre that connects with SeaTac airport for $2.50 one way

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank solo-traveller1209
Dear solo-traveller1209:
Thank you for your review. Our entire team strives to provide all of our guests with the service and comforts you expect with Hilton.
We really do have a great location being within walking distance to so many of downtown Seattle's top spots. We hope to see you the next time your travels brings you to Seattle!
Sliema, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2009

I stayed at this hotel. When I arrived, an employee wanted to make me sign a registration for the parking. I said no because he intended me to pay the parking location. Then I checked in at the reception. The only blame that I'd do is that the desk clerk, a young blond girl, was speaking quickly even after asking several times to speak more slowly, it seemed to be a tremendous and impossible effort to make. When I checked the room, there was a draft in the windows because it was not properly fixed. So I asked a new room to the girl. And she gave me an upgraded room, a suite for the same price. The bedroom and the living room were separate. There was also a kitchen with microwave, fridge, dishes, coffee maker, cutlery, a sink, cupboards, a cork screw and so on. Wonderful. The living room has a couch, a tv and a fireplace with a false fire. I think it's the best hotel I've ever seen for the price which was fair for a spot in the downtown very close.

The breakfast was correct. You can make yourself your waffles.

There is a fitness center and a pool. Free internet.

I think the hotel is very interesting to stay because you can cook and you are like in a true apartment. I would say though the desk clerk was nice with me and professional. So the next time, when I will come back, smile and relax.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PatriceYVR
Hello Patrickdeparis!
I want to thank you for your review from your recent stay with us. You got it right about all the extras in your suite in regards to being able to cook full meals. Makes it great for those staying longer periods of time.
We hope to see you again the next time you return to downtown Seattle!
Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2009

I stayed at this hotel on Saturday, Dec 5th. While the hotel nice and clean, good location. When I called down to ask when breakfast ended on Sunday morning at 5 after 10, I was told "it is over". When I asked if they could please save something and I'd be right down, DANIELLE at the front desk was RUDE and said, no, it's over.
I asked to speak to the manager, who turned out to be another front desk person, Dionne.
I was ill that day and called back in about an hour to ask to extend my stay and was told "no", because the front desk felt I was rude on the phone!
I asked to speak to a manager again, and was given a "cell" phone number for "Anthony". When I called this number all I got was a voicemail.
Checkout was 1pm. At 12:30, Dionne bangs on my door to remind me of checkout at 1PM.
I was only able to call the customer service line, in DALLAS, TX! This was of no help.
This staff basically kicked me out of the hotel over a phone call to ask about breakfast!
I was alone, not making any noise and was ILL! I should not have even driven home that day.
This was the worst hotel STAFF experience ever!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank lisakjack
SEAHM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, 15 December 2009
Dear Lisakjack -
Thank you so much for your comments. We appreciate and value your feedback.

It troubles me to hear that you had the type of experience that you mentioned with my team members. Please accept my most sincere apology for this service you experienced. This is certainly not the experience we strive to provide our guests and I am truly sorry to hear of yours. We use comments such as your own to train our team to provide the best customer service possible.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback.