“Great staff, not great hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street
Ranked #51 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 2 April 2010

I usually do not write a review while currently staying at a hotel (day 3 of 6), but I'm sitting at the hotel computer, so I thought, why not.

I'm a Hilton person, so I wanted to stay at a Hilton property. Used my points, so the stay was free. If I had to pay for this room, I might not have stayed.
While the staff was great, the room itself was not.

Even though we were on the 9th floor, it was extremely noisy outside. We were not facing Pike, but you could hear a LOT of traffic. They do have inside courtyard rooms, but that was not originally offered. The next day, I went down to the front desk to ask about anything facing inwards and they offered up another room. It wasn't as big as the first room and my wife decided not to move, so we stayed in the noisy room. Again, staff was trying to accommodate, so I'm not blaming them.

Another problem with the room was the condensation in the windows. You wake up and there is a puddle of water on the window sill. I travel all the time and have never seen that.

Breakfasts are fine and my boys are enjoying the billiards room. Wife likes the fitness room. If it wasn't for the noise, I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank terps1962
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

Since our property was originally built to be condominuims, our rooms all have different layouts. It is our goal to make sure every guest is satisfied with their room and I am very sorry that the rooms available were not to your liking.

I am glad to hear that you got to take advantage of our billiards room and fitness center as well as our hot Suite Start breakfasts!

Thank you for your feedback and for your brand loyalty and I hope that you give us another chance if you come back to Seattle!

Lana Bulanova - Sales/Public Relations Coordinator

Write a ReviewReviews (1,555)

Reviewed 1 April 2010

The enjoyed th location, continental breakfast, and rooms. It was very hard to talk to a manager that would do anything, I booked two queens and they moved me to a king suite, I needed that extra bed!! I was not happy about it, but every time I called they said a manager was never there. I wa very dissapoibte with their customer service when I was there too...Hire nice employees that love people. But other than that, the room and facility was perfect. A very good continental breakfast!!! Just makes the day so much more enjoyable.

SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2010

Hello WestCoast Love-

Thank you so much for your comments about our hotel.

It is upsetting to hear that you had the type of experience that you mentioned with the staff at our hotel. This is certainly not the experience we strive to provide our guests and I am truly sorry to hear about your dissapointment. We will use your comments as a learning tool to ensure our staff is able to provide nothing less than excellent customer service to our guests.

I am, however, very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facility and the complimentary Suite Start breakfast.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback and we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to our property if you return to Seattle

Lana Bulanova - Sales/Public Relations Coordinator

Reviewed 16 March 2010

My husband had a conference in downtown, and we (his 6-month-pregnant wife and our 22-month-old toddler) traveled with him. We liked everything about the hotel. The breakfast was excellent (although a bit crowded). Staff was very friendly and helpful. Our suite was very spacious (huge!). The bed was comfortable. Very nice place to stay at even with a growing family. Only thing I would change: I would put out the high chairs (don't keep them in a separate room for employees) so that families don't have to request it every time they want to eat there. With a morning crowd and a fussy toddler this would be nice.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank LambandLion-Fish
SEAHM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2010

Hello LambandLion-Fish!

Thank you for your terrific review of your recent stay at our Homewood Suites Downtown Seattle.

We really have a great location and relaxing accomodations along with the excellent guest service from an experienced team of associates.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Seattle!

Reviewed 9 March 2010

Spacious suite, fully functional kitchen, hearty breakfast and weekday dinner to boot, what's not to like.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Rich47048
SEAHM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2010

On behalf of my entire team, thank you for your great review on our Homewood Suites hotel in downtown Seattle.

With all of our value added amenities including Suite Start hot breakfast buffet, Welcome Home managers reception, and complimentary Wi-Fi access, whats not to like!

Reviewed 4 March 2010

Terriific location in central Seattle, close to Conv center, hospitals and short walk to Pike St Market.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank David S

Hello and thank you for your great review on our Homewood Suites hotel in downtown Seattle.

With our superb location on the seam of downtown Seattle near the retail and theater districts, you are sure to enjoy all that Seattle has to offer.

Reviewed 4 March 2010

Great location aided by the hotels free 'on demand' shuttle to various locations around town. Basically the hotel delivered on everything they promised, with one exception.

Their sound proofing on rooms facing the freeway is less then required. Simply put, I think the quality of their glazing is poor, too much noise is allowed in from outside. I was on the 8th floor and it still sounded like the window was open ! It didn't cause me to lose any sleep, but I can imagine it would be a problem for others. I have stayed in many, many other hotels which were located in far noisier locations, but my room was much quieter.

Breakfast is perfect, the free evening snack with wine or beer was great if you come back from work having skipped lunch. I was always greeted when returning to the hotel, which is a nice touch.

The condition of the room fixtures and fittings, in my room, was excellent. Comfy bed, great pillows (Not those ones than deflate when you put your head on them), large refrigerator, microwave, breakfast counter, clean carpets, in short, just like a new home.

As I said, 'Almost Perfect'.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank BritBoyInFL

It's great to hear you were able to enjoy all the value added amenities we have to offer including our Suite Start hot breakfast buffet and Welcome Home reception.

Reviewed 4 February 2010

We have stayed here many times before and always had a good experience. Not this time. The check-in person assigned us the worst room we have ever had in any hotel. It was, at best, a room for one very small person. The sofa in the "sitting area" was barely big enough for two and as hard as bricks. There was no additional sitting. The bathroom was "down the hall" about as far away from the bedroom as it could get. There was a constant fan noise from an air vent of some sort in the bedroom. It did not seem at all related to the heating unit. I will go back to following my own advice, "always go and check out the room before you even take your luggage up." Because of previous stays I did not anticipate a need for this. Yes, they did offer to change our room when I complained. Unfortunately, we had friends to catch up with and had already unpacked by the time we realized what a disaster the room was going to be. Check in should know better and pay better attention to repeat customers who also happen to be Hilton Honors members.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
SEAHM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2010

Hello and thank you for your recent review!

It is great to hear that you are a returning guest and we thank you for your loyalty. I do apologize for the perception of the guest suite that you recieved on your recent stay. With over 40 floor plans in our hotel, we have a wide variety of choices and offer these to our guests if they choose to have a different suite layout. We do have repeat guests that request the room layout you were in and we strive to provide the best option to each of our guests. You are more than welcome to view your room prior to checking in so we are sure to offer you the best possible room layout. All of our guest suites offer the same amenities and furnishings throughout our hotel.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope to welcome you the next time your travels bring you to downtown Seattle.