“Couldn't sleep in Seattle”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street
Ranked #51 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 24 June 2010

The hotel was a $12 taxi ride from Pier 91. We stayed here for 2 nights after a cruise. We had a 7th floor suite. The windows were closed, but there was a draft and the traffic noise sounded very clear. That was because the windows didn't fit the frames completely in both the living room and the bedroom. That's why I couldn't sleep on both nights. The sheets were thick and seemed like good quality, but they felt kind of rough. Since it's a Homewood, the hotel room set was nice and convenient with a stove, microwave, sink, fridge, and dishwasher. They provide pots, pans, and dinner ware. It would have been nice to buy fresh crab, fish, fruits, and vegetables from the market . There is a fitness center with a stationary bike, treadmill, elliptical machine, and benches for free weights. The billiards room is fun and has a leather couch with tv. They serve a generous breakfast, so the dining area was bustling around 9:30 am. The business center has two computers and is in the dining area. They provide free rides in the Homewood van, which is a Ford Flex. There are several drop-off points, including the International District and the Public Market, but they pick you up where they dropped you off. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk down to the Public Market. There are lots of shops and Starbucks along the way. The hotel provides umbrellas if you need one. Of course, it rained both days we were there. Finally, it costs $32 flat for a taxi ride from the hotel to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hawaiidreamer1
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2010

Dear travel277-

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your two days in Seattle were both rainy ones, our weather here is so unpredictable, it is very hard to tell ahead of time whether or not your trip will be a dry one or not (hence the complimentary umbrellas!)

Since we are a downtown hotel, we are aware that some of our rooms are louder than others. Due to the age of the building and normal wear and tear, also depending on your location in the building, some rooms are quieter than others. We do provide solutions for our lighter sleepers if noise level concerns are expressed during the stay.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, and let you know that your feedback is very helpful. Hopefully your next visit to Seattle won't be such a rainy one!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,555)

Reviewed 23 June 2010

We stayed at this hotel on the way north to Vancouver and we could not have been more pleased. We arrived early due to our flight schedule, but they did not bat an eye and got us right into our room, which was clean, comfortable with all of the amenities we could want. The location was perfect for all of the activities we wanted. On our way south we stayed at the other Homewood on Western Ave and what a disaster! Pike Street Homewood is the best location, best service, and best value for the money. The free breakfasts and dinners we perfect for fast and furious site seeing. Anytime we are in Seattle, this is where we are staying!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear FlynnsterSanJose-

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a review of our hotel! It is an absolute delight to hear that you had such a great experience with us. Please consider us your home away from home in Seattle!

Again thank you so much for your kind words, and please come back and stay with us next time your travels bring you to our city!

Reviewed 23 June 2010

My husband and I stayed here for five nights en route from Australia to Anchorage. The room was lovely - very spacious and comfortable. The bed had the best mattress I have ever slept on. Very good value for money as an enormous buffet breakfast is complimentary as well as an evening meal including wine and beer. The majority of the staff we encountered in our five days were friendly but not very knowledgeable about touristy things so we had to source general tourist information from other avenues. Initially we had only booked 3 days but decided on the second day to extend the stay for another 2 days. The staff member we encountered was not very helpful especially when we were told the tariff would increase by $40 per night for the extra two nights. She certainly was not interested in extending any concession or explanation to us. We found this particular staff member to be quite uninterested in anything we enquired about during the course of our stay. Otherwise the location is fantastic and the lodgings extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Aussie4701-

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that the accomodations were comfortable for you. We believe that our Suite Start® breakfast is a hearty way to start the day and stretching out on a comfortable bed from our Homewood Collection is the perfect way to unwind at the end of the day.

I do apologize that no explanation was provided to you regarding the rate increase when you decided to extend your stay with us. Our rates are a direct reflection of our occupancy levels, and when there are few vacant rooms available, the rates tend to increase. Our staff strives to provides exceptional customer service to our guests, and if you received anything less, I would like to apologize on behalf of my team.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback. We hope that you will come back and stay with us if your travels bring you back to the Seattle area!

Reviewed 23 June 2010

The hotel was wonderful and the rooms were very clean. The breakfast and supper that were included in the cost was a delight. Instead of the "usual" breakfast we were treated to hot entrees: eggs, bacon or sausage, potatoes and they also had cereal, all types of bread, fruit, and yogurt. It made an enjoyable start to the day. There was coffee and tea at all times and a wonderful dinner every night. But what makes this hotel extra special is the staff. If we needed anything; extra towels, blankets we received within a short time. All the staff were friendly and more than ready to help out and answer our questions whether it was where to catch transportation to sights to see. Kalvin was remarkable. He handled many different tasks and guests, sometimes several at the same time and always with a smile on his face. He went the extra mile to make sure as guests were well taken care of. He is a jewel and the hotel is so very fortunate to have him. This man will go far in the hospitality business and will be a definite asset to the hotel. Phala at the front desk was amazing and I watched her handle the many guests arriving or leaving all at the same time with a calm, professional and friendly manner. Never did she look stressed or anxious. She also is a definite asset to the hotel. I also want to mention Danielle, Terry, Scott and Timmy who were outstanding in their jobs. This hotel runs very well and their employees work together as a team, something you don't see very often anymore. I thanked as many people as I could for helping our family reunion be the special event it was. The General Manager should also be commended as a team only works well when the GM appreciates his employees and treats them with respect. This GM obviously does. Kalvin and Phala deserve to be commended for their hard work as do all the others. My hat off to a very very special hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2010

Dear miracleschedules-

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you got the opportunity to take advantage of our Suite Start® breakfast, and that it was the beginning of an enjoyable day for you. Your kind words about our staff are very helpful, it is our goal as a team to provide you with excellent service no matter what the issue is. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to acknowledge individual employees, I will be making sure that they see the wonderful things that you wrote! We are very fortunate to have a very well-rounded General Manager that focuses on guest satisfaction and ensures that his employees create a second home feeling for our guests.

At our hotel we strive to make sure that all of our guests are treated as family, and as a member of our family we would like to extend the invitation to come back and stay with us upon your next trip to Seattle!

Thank you again so much for your feedback, it will go a long way!

Reviewed 22 June 2010

We unfortunately did not get to have our complimentary breakfast because we slept in too much! Our room was beautiful, complete with a kitchen, balcony and two rooms. We had wished we stayed in Seattle for more than a day just because our hotel room was perfect. We did get stuck on the smoking floor but I was getting my employee discount and we still got a suite! The staff was super friendly, much more welcoming and helpful than other hotels I've stayed at. Free coffee, awesome lounge, free wi-fi and so much more. Not to mention an EXCELLENT location. We were right next to everything we needed (including the cheesecake factory). Thank you homewood suites, I wish I could have stayed longer! Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends

Dear lystia45-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Our goal is to make sure our guests are comfortable and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your brief stay here. I am sorry that you did not get a chance to enjoy our Suite Start® breakfast, but sometimes the opportunity to sleep in is well worth a missed breakfast!

Thank you again so much for your review, and we very much look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Seattle!

Reviewed 12 June 2010

My family and I stayed in Seattle for the two days proceeding our cruise to Alaska at the Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center. We booked the hotel through Hotels.com and stayed in a King suite. The room had a bed room (separate), a living room/kitchenette, and a bathroom. We also had a balcony. I was impressed with them before arriving. My family needed a ride from the airport to the hotel and they hooked me up with a sedan. It was great to have the problem solved before getting there. WHen we arrived, they allowed us to leave our luggage with the bell boy. They locked it up and we were able to go down to Pike's Market (short 5-7 block walk). When we returned we were able to checked into our room early and it was beautiful. The room had soothing colors and modern furnishings. My kids shared the pull out bed in the living room and my husband and I enjoyed the King size bed. The bed linens were wonderful - soft and crisp. The balcony was a wonderful bonus. While the kids were watching tv in the living room, husband in the bed room, I was able to read on the balcony. The front desk was great with recommendations for restaurants, band aides (husband tripped over the coffee table), and hailing a taxi to get us to the pier. They also have a great morning buffet and coffee in the lobby round the clock. Their location was awesome. We walked to Pike's market, the Seattle Museum of Art, and the Space Needle. I would stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mlmitchell30

Dear mlmitchell30-

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am so pleased to read about your experience here with us!

We do strive to provide our guests with a second home feeling when they stay at our hotel, and it sounds like that was exactly how you felt. I am glad the suite worked out perfectly so you and your husband could still have some privacy while your children enjoyed the comforts of the living room area. I am glad you had the opportunity to go read out on the balcony, it is such a nice way to unwind after a busy day!

Our location is right on the edge of the downtown hustle and bustle which sounds like it worked out well for you and your family. On behalf of my entire team we would like to thank you for your kind words and we want to extend the invitation to welcome you back if your travels ever bring you back to Seattle!!

Reviewed 7 June 2010

I travel to Seattle every year and I stay at the Homewood Suites on Pike Street every time, I've never ever had a problem and the staff and everything about the hotel is positive. Everyone is friendly there, the breakfest and the Happy Hour are just the frosting on the cake, the rooms are always clean and the staff is always there to help when needed. I will tell all my friends to stay there, I'll be back there in August and I will once again stay here.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Dear Boatingpauly:

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. It is always a pleasure having you here with us and we look forward to seeing you in August!

Thanks Again!