“Bike rental was nice ...”
Review of Alki Kayak Tours

Alki Kayak Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for an exploration of Elliott Bay and the Alki Peninsula on human powered watercraft. We explore the natural history and human history of the Seattle waterfront.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I rented two bikes ... they were both nice beach cruisers (appropriate since we were cruising along the Alki Beach) which rode smoothly and were cool to take down the very extensive and wide bike lanes all the way down the Alki strip.

I did not rent a kayak or reserve a tour ... but we saw the sunset tour from Salty's and it looked nice!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

One of the great things about Seattle is that it has outdoor activities. My husband and I really wanted to take a Kayak Tour so we could see the city from the water. This was our first time kayaking, and I don't think either of us knew how much work we would have to put into it. The first hour of the trip was incredible. We took a slow pace, stopped a few times to soak in the view of the city, tried to catch jellyfish (the moon jellyfish won't sting you), and we got to see a harbor seal (my favorite animal!). The second hour was a lot more labor intensive just because we were tired and my husband got injured on the side of the boat. Our guide was very laid back, told us about living in Alaska and Seattle, and his work with children. He was very skilled and taught us how to properly use a kayak. He was a really great tour guide. If you go, just make sure you realize how much work goes into it. Also, wear sunscreen! My husband and I both got sunburns because we figured that we would not get a sunburn in Seattle.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I had a great time kayaking. It was my first time and I had the luxury of being the only one in this tour...the introduction to kayaking before getting into the water was to the point and very helpful. The guide, Amanda, was great and shared tidbits and stories about the history and wildlife.
Perfect day out, I highly recommend this adventure. And special thanks to Amanda taking a picture of me and emailing it to me afterwards :)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My boyfriend and I recently went on a sunset tour with Alki Kayak Tours. We arrived at the shop a few minutes before it was time for us to leave. They let us take some bicycles that they have available for rent to tour the beach area- how nice?!
It was both of our first times in a kayak and we were excited and nervous. The tour guide gave us a brief crash course in learning how to Kayak before taking us out on Elliott Bay. It was basically a private tour as it was just us, the guide and one other person. We get out into the water just fine, but my boyfriend has some difficulty operating the rudder. Looking back, it would have made us both more comfortable to have had a little bit more instruction- but we got through just fine!
Once we got situated with the rudder, we were ready to explore! Our guide was very knowledgable and shared a great deal of Seattle/ Elliott Bay history with us as we paddled around. The water was very calm and we got to relax and enjoy the sunset over the Olympia Mountains as well as the skyline. Our guide was even generous enough to take pictures of us with his iphone and then text them to us later. (We both left our phones/cameras at the shop since we don't have waterproof cases.)
Wildlife- there wasn't much to see in the waters since the wildlife had already migrated out of the bay. There were plenty to jellyfish to see, though!

I would recommend this kayak tour to anyone looking for a little adventure to their Seattle trip- whether beginner paddler or well experienced...all will enjoy!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We are not seasoned, nor particularly competent kayakers, but we went for it and totally enjoyed our time on the water. All morning seeing the Seattle views, the action on the water, getting exercise, being outdoors, what more could you want. I was glad it wasn't windy though!

Been to Alki Kayak Tours? Share your experiences!