“Very good based purely on entertainment but possibly not so good for food & drink!”
Review of Chopstix - CLOSED

Chopstix
Good for: Bar Scene
Good for: Bar Scene
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I have never been to a "dueling piano bar" so nothing to compare with in terms of entertainment. We were in a big group that went in on a quite Wednesday and had a whale of a time. Fantastic entertainment but it is what you make it in terms of participation and in other respects (food, drink & facilities) pretty basic. One of a chain of four in the Seattle area - the one in Roy Street Seattle is soon to close and re-open under new management but with similar format. Check it out while you can!!

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I love chopstix. I really do. Unfortunately, they have some serious problems with their reservation system.

I called before New Years Eve to make a reservation, and no one returned my call. Being dedicated to making it happen, I called 3 times before getting an answer. The manager wanted me to make a reservation online, but I talked him into making it over the phone with little effort. I asked if I was guaranteed a table and he replied yes. My numbers were a bit fuzzy so he said he'd call 4-5 days before NYE to firm up the reservation - great.

2 days until NYE, I call back twice to firm it up. At first the guy sounded like he had no clue who I was, then eventually found my name. Not encouraging. Again I check if we're confirmed a table, and ask if I need to do anything, show up at a specific time, etc. He says we're confirmed, just show up whenever. Great.

Night of, 9:15, I show up - no table for us. He says we had to show up by 8, and claims he mentioned this over the phone. LIE. He says it says this on the website, and this has always been Chopstix policy. I checked for sites, I found 3 different links that took me to 3 different homepages. I searched thoroughly, and found no such information. LIE.

So I ask if he can help me out, I have 12 people coming and we typically shut down about a 500-600 dollar tab on NYE. He says sorry, I had to show up at 8 and he can't bump anyone from a table. Get this, he then WALKS AWAY.

"I'm right, you're wrong, I'm walking away now" - congratulations, you have the worst service from a manager I've encountered in years. I later encountered a party that arrived 10 minutes before us and was seated at the final table, which did not have a reserved sign on it.

So apparently "reservation" means "come on in, if we aren't busy we'll serve you!"

It's a shame, because the show was great and we eventually took over enough bar tables to make space for all of us. The drinks were weak sauce, but the show was great. I can't tolerate blatent lying and terrible managerial treatment/rudeness though - I won't be going back.

I went to write them feedback, only to find the Contact Us email link wasn't set up properly. Just wow.

Reviewed 12 May 2010

On Mother's Da 2010 we noticed a nice menu on the door and a sign they had put out front about the James Taylor / Carole King concert we were attending. We walked in and discovered a nice bar, but a bare restaurant void of much art, plants, prepared tables, or other customers Staff was pleasant. We ordered the coconut shrimp and the chicken. Coconut shrimp showed up way overdone, but we ate them not having any lunch. The main course of chicken had a slice of cheese on it with a couple mushrooms, and sliced black olives. The chicken looked like the kind precooked from Costco. Unfortunately, the olive oil or something had overcooked and it tasted awful. The vegetables were OK, and the mashed potatoes were excellent. We ate about half the chicken, left, and stopped at Dick's to get a diet Coke to wash it further down. The taste unfortunately stayed with us throughout the night. Appears to be a great place for the dueling pianos, but skip the food. Walking towards the Key Arena we turned the corner finding every other restaurant in Queen Anne having waiting lines

Reviewed 24 April 2009

I was lucky enough to recently visit Seattle over the weekend of April 17-19 with my mom, sister, and myself. For our Saturday evening out, we decided to head to Chopstix for a night of fun. I enjoy going to dueling piano bars and frequent one in our home city and have gone to others in California, so I was expecting a rollicking good time. I was really disappointed.

It's a cramped, tight bright space, with mediocre service, cold beer in a warm glass, and average talent at best. There is no real place to dance or let loose unless you would like to shake it up on stage. A fellow patroner suggested we head back downtown to 88Keys (I'll post a review later). We went there and were sad that we spent 2 hours at Chopstix because 88Keys was rockin it. When I visit Seattle again, I'll definitely steer clear from Chopstix, which I felt was highly overrated, and instead head to 88Keys for a night of fun.

Reviewed 27 October 2008

On Oct. 25, 2008, my husband took me to Chopstix, A Dueling Piano bar, in Seattle for my 38th birthday. He had made reservations nearly a month in advance and we had the center table right in front of the stage. This is not a fancy restaurant but I felt comfortable in my little black dress and my husband was fine in his suit. They have a full bar and a fairly wide menu. No filet mignon but a couple kinds of steak, salads, some seafood. A little above standard bar fare.

Our reservation was for 7PM; one hour before show time and this was perfect timing. We started with the hummus plate which was delicious. There were two different kinds of hummus and the pita bread was warm and fresh. My husband ordered the steak and I went with the steak salad. Both our steaks were cooked to perfection (med. rare) and both entrees were very good. Our waitress was great and was always right there whenever we needed another drink. The food prices were very reasonable; my salad was $14.

The highlight of the night though was definately the entertainment. There were two pianos with three rotating players/singers who were all very talented and funny! They take requests (wrap your written requests around a tip to ensure that it gets played) and they have each person who is celebrating something come up on the stage by themselves for a little individual attention. The music they play is whatever the audience requests that night (AC/DC, Neil Diamond, Billy Joel, and Guns and Roses!) and on the night we were there things got more wild as the night went on with pretty much all the girls/women dancing on the stage. This isn't just a place for 20-30 year olds though. There were people there celebrating a 50th birthday and women older than that were up on stage having fun as well. You also don't need to wait to go until you have a large group. My husband and I went on our own and had a blast!

This was one of the funnest nights I have had, with great food, great service (the wait staff all danced to Thriller), and fantastic entertainment.