“Keys on Main”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
“Keys on Main”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is the best excuse for us to stay at the MarQueen. Used to be Chopstix but now has new owners and new image. This place is fun for 21-60+year olds. Make requests or just sit back and enjoy the amazing talent on stage. No cover and so much fun!!!

Visited December 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Go for the dueling pianos, not for the drinks or food”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The drinks and food are average. Not bad, but not exceptional by any means.

However, the dueling pianos are exceptional. Really funny and talented. I'm amazed that they can remember and improvise so many songs. They often do humorous versions of some songs. I tried to challenge them and they could play anything from 80's pop to Beethoven or Chopin.

Definitely something to check out. It gets quite busy, with a lot of bachelorette parties, so go earlier to get a table.

NOTE: it is now called Keys on Main but most people still know it as Chopstix.

• Visited June 2012
Dorset
“Very good based purely on entertainment but possibly not so good for food & drink!”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I have never been to a "dueling piano bar" so nothing to compare with in terms of entertainment. We were in a big group that went in on a quite Wednesday and had a whale of a time. Fantastic entertainment but it is what you make it in terms of participation and in other respects (food, drink & facilities) pretty basic. One of a chain of four in the Seattle area - the one in Roy Street Seattle is soon to close and re-open under new management but with similar format. Check it out while you can!!

• Visited January 2012
Seattle, Washington
“love the place, but manager is terrible”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I love chopstix. I really do. Unfortunately, they have some serious problems with their reservation system.

I called before New Years Eve to make a reservation, and no one returned my call. Being dedicated to making it happen, I called 3 times before getting an answer. The manager wanted me to make a reservation online, but I talked him into making it over the phone with little effort. I asked if I was guaranteed a table and he replied yes. My numbers were a bit fuzzy so he said he'd call 4-5 days before NYE to firm up the reservation - great.

2 days until NYE, I call back twice to firm it up. At first the guy sounded like he had no clue who I was, then eventually found my name. Not encouraging. Again I check if we're confirmed a table, and ask if I need to do anything, show up at a specific time, etc. He says we're confirmed, just show up whenever. Great.

Night of, 9:15, I show up - no table for us. He says we had to show up by 8, and claims he mentioned this over the phone. LIE. He says it says this on the website, and this has always been Chopstix policy. I checked for sites, I found 3 different links that took me to 3 different homepages. I searched thoroughly, and found no such information. LIE.

So I ask if he can help me out, I have 12 people coming and we typically shut down about a 500-600 dollar tab on NYE. He says sorry, I had to show up at 8 and he can't bump anyone from a table. Get this, he then WALKS AWAY.

"I'm right, you're wrong, I'm walking away now" - congratulations, you have the worst service from a manager I've encountered in years. I later encountered a party that arrived 10 minutes before us and was seated at the final table, which did not have a reserved sign on it.

So apparently "reservation" means "come on in, if we aren't busy we'll serve you!"

It's a shame, because the show was great and we eventually took over enough bar tables to make space for all of us. The drinks were weak sauce, but the show was great. I can't tolerate blatent lying and terrible managerial treatment/rudeness though - I won't be going back.

I went to write them feedback, only to find the Contact Us email link wasn't set up properly. Just wow.

Visited December 2011
Seattle
“Avoid the Food”
Reviewed 12 May 2010

On Mother's Da 2010 we noticed a nice menu on the door and a sign they had put out front about the James Taylor / Carole King concert we were attending. We walked in and discovered a nice bar, but a bare restaurant void of much art, plants, prepared tables, or other customers Staff was pleasant. We ordered the coconut shrimp and the chicken. Coconut shrimp showed up way overdone, but we ate them not having any lunch. The main course of chicken had a slice of cheese on it with a couple mushrooms, and sliced black olives. The chicken looked like the kind precooked from Costco. Unfortunately, the olive oil or something had overcooked and it tasted awful. The vegetables were OK, and the mashed potatoes were excellent. We ate about half the chicken, left, and stopped at Dick's to get a diet Coke to wash it further down. The taste unfortunately stayed with us throughout the night. Appears to be a great place for the dueling pianos, but skip the food. Walking towards the Key Arena we turned the corner finding every other restaurant in Queen Anne having waiting lines