“Great location!”

City Hostel Seattle
London, United Kingdom
“Great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed here with my boyfriend in October, in a dorm room sleeping 4.
The hostel is in a lovely location, surrounded by bars and restaurants, and within walking distance to the Public Market and touristy attractions. Real plus point.
Sinks in the rooms which is nice, and clean toilets and showers. Kitchen on each floor, which was also very clean. Great amenities as a hostel, and good free breakfasts.
Only problem here is the kitchens seem to be open all night, and as our room was right next to it you can hear people in there throughout the night (not sure if they were guests or cleaners, but either way pretty loud and disturbing).
Over all a really cool hostel...really disliked the 'artwork' painted in our room however, and would NOT choose to stay in a room like this again! Sounds really silly, but check photo out to see!...it was blood red orange and black walls, with two creepy figures leering over the beds. A bit weird! However I saw other peoples rooms as I walked past and they looked great...so maybe just bad luck, and not my taste!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ailidh S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Lombard, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

This location was fantastic! The staff was incredibly friendly (even when off the clock, one hung out and played cards with us). They were all so helpful with information about the area and things to do. The public areas were so different in their decorations and was so fun to look around. The location was great as well with easy access to area attractions and transportation. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sarah L
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

It was a great experience to stay that hostel. Even they dont have bathrooms in the rooms, everywhere is so clean. Pictures, wallpaper, paintings and other architectural details are so good. I met with great friends there. Breakfast is enjoyable and the location is great.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank el_edebi
Madrid
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

The staff is great and they are very kind and are always in a good mood. The place has some restaurants quite close. The breakfast is a a little bit short: toasts, cereals and coffee.
The building and the rooms need a very good refusbishment.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

Although I stayed only one night, I had the time to take some notes, in short I would say it like this:
++ => security (door, rooms, locker), free really nice breakfast
+ => comfortable bed, common areas, good staff, location
0 => cleanliness of toilets, lack of light in bedroom
- & -- => /

Recommendation: try to be at the end of a corridor: too much noise (inside or outside) if at front.

Room Tip: try to get one room at the end of the corridor (more quiet)
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

We loved this place and would highly recommend it. We stayed in a private double room, which was very comfortable and clean. The location is great and the staff very friendly and helpful. The room wasn't the cheapest, but given it was August, we expected the prices to be higher.

Room Tip: Private Double Room
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

City Hostel Seattle is located in a beautiful historic building. As I walked in, I was greeted by two friendly receptionists who briefed me on the hostel. Very good first impression. And then… Well, I enter my room and it is filled with flies. Not one, not two. I killed seven pesky insects. I should have made a formal complain, but I was just too tired to go down. I left the windows opened the next day and when I arrived at night, more flies. I had to let windows closed and turn on the fan. And the decoration of the room is tacky. Some may call it funky, I call tacky. What was that thing oozing above my head? And the cracks upon the wall? I say renovation. Please.
They offer free breakfast which consists of fruits, cereals, American coffee and milk – they got points for that. I think there is a kitchen in each floor (there was in my floor, I assume in the other as well) where you can cook and store your food. I liked that. Staff is friendly and helpful. Toilets are very good – private toilets scattered in each floor so you will never be sharing. Wi-fi was a bit unstable, and often did not work in the room. I was in 304 (facing the street) and it can be noisy due to the bars in front of the hostel (not recommended if you have light sleep or forgot your ear plugs).
Overall a positive experience, but I would suggest renovating the rooms and adding a net in the window.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street can and will get noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo