“Great Hotel in Great City”
Review of Hyatt At Olive 8

Hyatt At Olive 8
Ranked #8 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This hotel is fabulous. Almost new at 3 years old this Hyatt has all the best features of a true luxury urban hotel. The location is top notch only one block from the Grand Hyatt. Surrounded by excellent restaurants and only a short walk to the Public Market, monorail, Seattle's best shopping, and even a movie. We spent 2 nights at the beginning of a 2 week vacation heading to Alaska. I reserved the hotel on Priceline for a reasonable rate, not really cheap but a good rate. When we arrived I explained we were traveling with our granddaughter to celebrate her graduation from High School and a very nice employee named Peter upgraded us to a large room with 2 queen beds. Later he sent up a bottle of wine and cheese tray and threw in free WiFi. Hyatt has figured out the secret to the best bed linens in the industry. Great pillows are standard making the sleeping experience very nice. . The room was decorated in soft earth tones with a large bath with marble tub/shower and granite counter tops. Refrigerator, large flat screen TV, substantial work area, and 2 easy chairs made the room very comfortable. Everything was spotless and in tip-top shape. Every employee we came in contact with was highly professional, the concierge staff were helpful in many ways.

Don't miss the fitness center, pool and spa area, they are really upscale. The men's locker room has a steam room. It felt like being in a luxury resort.

All in all a really great experience.

Room Tip: The concierge recommended the Dragonfish for breakfast (1/2 block away) and provided a 20% off coupo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank AshInAction

Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt at Olive 8 for a conference and shared a room. The location was great: very close to convention center and the Westlake Center Stop for public transportation. Also, you can easily walk to nearby restaurants, shopping, and Pike's Place. Staff was very friendly and check-in/check-out was very quick and efficient.

I shared a double queen room and there was more than enough room for us to sleep and store bags (we even had my son's crib in there and still had plenty of room). I liked the fact that the hotel was "green", including recylcing bins in the room. low water use toilets, and the fact that you had to take your room key out before leaving, thus turning off the lights actually was a plus for me as I never forgot my room key and saved on electricity.

As someone else stated, my only complaint about the room was the bathroom door. Although I like sliding doors typically, the fact that there was absolutely no lock (or latch for that matter) was awkward when sharing a room with others and a toddler.

Overall, the room was always very clean and in working order, location was quiet but you could still easily walk to attractions. I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

This was a conference hotel for me and I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms and facilities are untouchable-beautiful. Staff were attentive without being overbearing. I'd spend my own money to stay here if I had the option.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We arrived here in a snow storm in January of this year and were left to struggle with our suitcases ourselves, while the bell hop chatted with the concierge inside. Not a great start to our stay.
The room was a great size, well appointed and well cleaned, with a bar fridge. A totally empty bar fridge - not a thing to drink or eat in it! I've never seen this before. There was a coffee machine provided, but no kettle (I'm a total tea girl) and when I requested one I was told that it was not possible to get a kettle - again, weird.
One evening, when going out, we asked the doorman to hail us a cab. After waiting for 10 minutes I went looking for him, only to find him huddling by the desk, apparently having completely forgotten about us. I asked someone else to get us a cab and he did so immediately. I also fund the concierge to be less than helpful a lot of the time, especially when it came to getting us a cab.
The restaurant in the hotel is great and the staff there wonderful and, to their credit, Hyatt acted promptly upon my complaints.
However, I really didn't expect to encounter such poor service in a Hyatt Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Located 1 1/2 blocks from the Convention Center, the Hyatt at Olive 8 is a really nice place to stay. The rooms are smallish, but 2 of us were able to share a room with few problems. It's about a 15 minute walk from the Pike Place Market. Plenty of restaurants and other hotels are in the area. Staff was very friendly. Not located on a busy street, so noise is minimal. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are best.
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed here because of its proximity to a work conference. The room was well appointed, very comfortable, and spotlessly clean. The beds were very comfortable too.

When it comes to service, I have no complaints. The desk staff and concierge were pleasant and helpful. Although I was not on the conference rate (the room was cheaper if I booked it myself), the desk clerk gave me free wireless access when she heard I was with the conference. This was very nice of her, but you know, I'm sick of hotels charging for this.

The location was good. The convention center, decent restaurants and Pike Place Market were all within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again.

I only have two complaints and they are minor ones. The first has to do with the lights. In order to keep them on, you have to put the key card in the wall by the door. It's awkward. The second has to do with the bathroom door. I don't know what interior designer started the trend for translucent doors, but it's not a very practical trend if you're sharing the room.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel while traveling to seattle for a work conference. It is very close (2 blocks) to the Convention Center, so very convenient for that. It is a beautiful, sleek and modern hotel. I have never met friendlier staff at any hotel I have been to. Everyone was so accomadating. The concierge was excellent, gave great restaurant recommendations. The location was also easy walking distance to downtown. I would suggest taking the monorail over to the Space Needle, I think it was about $2 each way, to save money on a taxi. (And it's a fun ride). The rooms were very nice, comfortable beds, big desk to spread out on. Cons were that, although my conference provided free internet through the hotel, I think there is normally a fee to use it. Also I found it very odd that there were sliding glass doors to the bathroom. This provided limited privacy. As I was traveling with co-workers, and I assume many people staying in this hotel are in the same position as it is so close to the convention center, this made for some awkwardness as they provide no sound barrier and are just a frosted glass. I did not use the fitness center at all or the spa, but wish I had time to as all the services sounded amazing. There is also a bar/restaurant in the lobby which always had people in it, so it must have been pretty good.