“Well located modern hotel”
Review of Hyatt At Olive 8

Hyatt At Olive 8
Ranked #12 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Well located modern hotel”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Stayed at the Olive 8 for 3 nights with my partner while on vacation. Excellent downtown location within walking distance of multiple shopping venues, restaurants, Pike Place Market and other downtown attractions. Had a very large, clean and modern room with decent city views. Wifi is free in the lobby, an added cost in-room. Excellent bathroom with Portico bath products. First rate fitness room along with spa and aquatic facilities. My partner had an hour-long massage witch he thoroughly enjoyed. Hotel staff was responsive to needs. Would highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a lot of space and light.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We spent three nights here in a premiere queen room...which is 700+ square feet (a lot of hall space but that was ok with us). My sister, I and our three kids...made good use of every nook. Nice corner room...city views...Im not sure there are ocean views. Nice bathroom with portico products. Small empty fridge in the room for our snacks and mama's juice.
The first night I was working on my laptop and I found that I had brought the wrong cord...I didn't send a file in time and It hibernated...the staff tried to find a comparable power source....even the concierge ran home two blocks to check at his house (thanks Earl!) but to no avail.
The kids loved the pool which wasn't well used mid day. The bathrooms next to the pool were lovely and well equipped (part of the spa). Speaking of which the spa services were top notch. You know how when you get a facial, the esthetician leaves for 20 minutes after they put a mask on? Not here.... they make good use of the downtime by giving you a neck and arm massage...with a lovely balm. Ask for Brian. The spa desk was also very helpful and the facilities were clean and comfortable.
I had a couple of glasses of wine at the bar one night. The bartender had good recommendations for me. The service at breakfast sometimes was slow but the management made it good. The breakfast sandwhich was fantastic. The kid's menu more than adequate. We had no problems figuring out what the breakfast coupons covered.
what else? My sister figured out she was a diamond passport member the morning we checked out. ...and notified the front desk. If possible service improved even more for us.
The hotel was a great base for our trip. we walked or Took the bus everywhere. The train from the airport stopped 3 blocks away.
My sister and I were talking and we decided this was one of our best trips ever with the kids...you know how there's usually something that screws up? This time everything was perfect...even the weather and the olive 8 was a huge part of the success. Thank you.
P.s. I stay in hotels about 100 nights per year.

Room Tip: Ask for the premiere queen ...2 queen beds in a large corner room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank opusedward
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hyatt at Olive 8. I was so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay, that you were able to check out the pool, Elaia Spa and Urbane Restaurant. I will certainly pass along the kind words to Earl and Brian, they are both valued members of our team. It means so much to us that we could contribute to a great trip in Seattle, and we truly hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Have stayed at Hyatts in the past, have a membership card...so know what to expect. The Olive 8 had numerous good points...Location is great...walking distance to the attractions downtown (monorail for the Space needle, Pike place market, shopping and eating all nearby. The rooms were clean and as usual the requested rollaway bed was in the room ready for our arrival..which is always a plus for me.

The downside....The service did not match the standard I would expect from a property this nice..and a problem in our room went unresolved with no recompense or offer from the reception. The bathroom had a noticeable odour of dampness...mustiness or something from the drain....although housekeeping and a room engineer tried to fix this problem they could not (that much I appreciate in trying)...when I informed reception that the problem had not been fixed I expected an offer of some sort of recompense or offer of a room change...but this was not given. I thought for the room rate that we were paying..and that it was a problem that had not been caused by us...and was noticably unpleasant...that this was rather poor service. I got thanked for bringing the problem to their attention...which might help the next guest..but didn`t really help us.

The other thing that was different was breakfast. I suppose I am used to breakfast buffets in hotels now...but the restaurant at the Olive 8 still had a menu breakfast. This was delicious I must say...but somewhat confusing when trying to work out what I could and couldn`t have with the breakfast vouchers that I had been given by the front desk for my breakfast rate I had paid.

Overall...a nice hotel...will stay again...but needs to work on customer service and what to do if a problem is not solved to satisfaction when the root cause is not customer related.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bruce D
San Diego
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I am currently visiting Seattle and staying in this hotel. It is not uncommon for any hotel to have a few little problems, but this team is having a hard time getting its act together. Late on the first night upon returning to the hotel did I discover stained sheets that evidently had not been changed from the prior guest. I complained to the manager the next morning and he promised to have them changed when my wife and I were out at noon time. We returned for an afternoon nap to find the beds made, but when we pulled the sheets down for an afternoon nap we found the same stained sheets! I won't even mention the saggy bed or the outside noise we hear on the 11th floor.

Other problems started with the reservation. I requested a view and a gallon of water distilled water for my cpap. Only after checking in would the staff disclose to me that "There Are No Views" and it took 3 requests to get the water.

There are a number of little things - for instance the hotel keeps refillable bottles for fresh drinking water in the rooms, but does not fill them, or when we checked in the bottle was half filed without a top.

I could go on with several other little items, but I am 3 days into a 5 day stay and am hopeful things are improving. I'll update the review after check-out and hopefully will tell you about the beautiful facilities and not problems!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank feferman
Great Falls, Virginia
Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

The hotel is said to be four years old, and not to be confused with nearby Granf Hyatt. Excellent standards of maintenance, but Hyatt is getting chintzy. No writing paper bynthenphone on the desk, for example. The spa is elegant, and my therapist knew her business!! Good place.

Housekeeping was excellent. You could almost wish them to your room 24x7.

Wish I could say as nice things about the restaurant, Urbane, but I honestly cannot.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
New Providence Island
Reviewed 20 August 2012

After so many years of travel I am rarely surprised by hotels anymore. The Hyatt at Olive 8 proved to me that some hotels still have the ability to wow and amaze. This modern hotel is absolutely amazing. From the sleek facilities to the wonderful location to the helpful and knowledgeable staff, I was satisfied at every turn. I will stay here whenever I can during visits to Seattle.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Thank you staying with us and leaving a review. The Hyatt at Olive 8 strives to ensure that each and every guest has an exceptional stay. I am happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations and will pass along the compliments to our staff. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our property when you are in Seattle. See you soon!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Sleek and modern,this hotel is an upscale Hyatt property that provides five star amenities throughout. Beautiful fitness center with indoor pool and spa and locker rooms with sauna,steam and showers. Nice bar/restaurant on main floor as well as a coffee bar with quick to go breakfast items. Loved the fresh apricots in the bowls at check in,as well as the strawberry/cucumber ice water station in the lobby. Service was wonderful and staff very friendly and accommodating. The bed was super comfortable with lovely linens and the best down pillows ever. Location is good,blocks from Pike Place and right around the corner from great shopping.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thanks for the great review! The Hyatt at Olive 8 is known for its superior customer service and the special treatment upon your arrival is our way of saying "welcome' and thanking you for choosing our hotel. We are also glad that your room and bed were very comfortable. We hope you will choose to stay with us on your next trip to Seattle, and we look forward to welcoming you back.