“Great place.”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Flagler Beach, Florida
“Great place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We found this hotel on Priceline express deals,
We just needed a place for one night, nice hotel, great location and a friendly staff.
Easy walk to Pikes Market and other downtown locations.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dmarch333

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Fabulous stay, fabulous location and lovely staff. The hotel on the corner has a sushi happy hour which we really enjoyed and breakfast downstairs was lovely. No guest laundry which was a little disappointing

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Austin, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Olive 8 for four nights in early December to take in the Seahawks game Monday night, and overall the hotel was fine. The staff at the front desk were very friendly, the rooms were clean and quiet, and the location was ideal for checking out a lot of the downtown areas on foot.

However, I purchased a couple of souvenir mugs from the Pike Place Starbucks (the original) and accidentally left them, boxed and in the Starbucks gift bag, on the dresser next to the television. Not a big deal, I didn't realize I had left them there until we were at the airport about to board our flight. I called the hotel and explained the situation and was directed to their "Lost and Found" department, which is basically just a voicemail system. I left a message and it was not returned.

The following day I called once again and was directed to the same voicemail, left another message, and this time it was returned by a housekeeping "manager" who said he would look the following morning for the mugs and call me back. He never did.

I tried a third time a few days later. At this point it wasn't about the value of the mugs, but it was inconvenient because I didn't know if I should purchase the mugs again online or find another gift, I just needed to know. The only person I could talk to was someone at the front desk, but they were unable to help resolve the issue and it was passed on to another manager, with promises of another call back.

Two weeks went by, and I decided one last time to call and find out if they ever found anything. A different manager (Tony) handled my call and was very polite and friendly. He said he would look into it and call me back. Sure enough, he called me back that evening and told me that he had spoken to the housekeeper but that she had not found anything.

I'm fine with losing the mugs - it was my carelessness that I left them on the dresser. I do mind, however, that inquiring about them was such a sloppy and confusing experience. Someone in Seattle is getting a couple of nice mugs for Christmas. Fine. But if a housekeeper is going to keep items for herself, at least have the decency to wait a few days first to see if they are claimed by the owner.

Overall I give the hotel a 4 out of 5. I didn't lower the rating because of the lost mugs, because that's an anomaly that was brought on by my forgetfulness. The hotel is very nice, but not one of the nicest I've ever stayed in (which would be a five).

Green Features: They do practice environmentally friendly policies, but I'm not very familiar with them.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank NapandNat
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We were in town for the Seahawks game but wanted to stay right downtown. The hotel is beautiful, the staff are friendly and helpful. We had a great stay and will return. The hotel only offers valet parking (with in & out privileges) but there are paid parking options around.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Louise H
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I've stayed at almost all the central downtown Seattle hotels over the years, and found the Hyatt At Olive 8 to be as good as I remembered despite not being back for 3 years. This time, like last time, I stayed in a Premier Queen room and was dazzled by the sheer size of the room. Valet parking and check in were amazingly fast and friendly. This is not the case for similar hotels around town, and yet we were checking in and out at the busiest times, on the busiest days of the week. Last year's annual trip downtown included a 40 minute wait in line just to check in at the Red Lion, so kudos to the Hyatt!

Unfortunately, my main complaint from three years ago is still valid: the climate control is unrelentingly loud and difficult to get "just right." Also, there are no extra blankets in the room. The problem with the AC lead to a 1 AM call for "two extra blankets" and 15 minutes later, someone came up with one blanket. That did put a bit of a damper on the night. Next time I will remember to call for blankets immediately when I get into the room.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Kirkland, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I booked this hotel for a couple of coworkers who came up from CA for our Holiday party and I also decided to stay downtown instead of driving back to the Eastside. I had a king room with a city view. Boy, is this hotel nice!! The valets were right there to take your car, no waiting at check in and I was even a couple of hours early. The room was very comfortable, clean and everything was what I read it would be.....NICE!!! I enjoyed Happy Hour in the bar. Great local beer and the sliders were awesome!! My only complaint being that every time the outside door opened we all froze at the bar....poor bartender, she needed a coat. Bed was so comfy I didn't want to leave the next day, I could have been very lazy and just hung around.

Thank you for the wonderful stay!!!

We had a wonderful time!!!

Room Tip: I heard from the 16 floor you can see Lake Union. We were on the 8th, just city streets.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank purplepower1981
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your review. It's so great that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We always aim to provide genuine hospitality where we can connect to our guests but still keep them on an efficient time-line. We're so glad that you felt accomodated and welcomed. We would love to have you with us again on your next visit to Seattle.

Sarah S.
Guest Relations Manager
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at the Hyatt at Olive 8 and it definitely will not be my last--one of my favorite hotels!

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the hotel was clean (yeah I know it's fairly new, but I've stayed at newer hotels that look like they've aged a bit) and the location is perfect! Pacific Place is around the corner, Nordstrom is 2 blocks away and Westlake Center was 3 blocks away.

Our room was the Deluxe King and located on the 12th floor. What surprised me was how quiet it was, we didn't hear any traffic/car noise or airplanes.

One thing I was kind of worried about (after reading the Trip Advisor reviews) was the water pressure from the shower. I don't know if we just got lucky with our room but the water pressure was great--no issues whatsoever!! The beds and pillows were also comfortable.

If I had to nit pick, the only thing I wish Hyatt at Olive 8 had is better cable--HD Channels. Most of the channels were not HD and the selection was rather poor, but I was able to survive.

Overall, this is my 2nd favorite hotel! (Pan Pacific is my favorite) I will definitely come back!

I think it's annoying that people keep complaining about the cost of valet and the fact that they have to pay for the internet--the hotel is located downtown and is a 4 star hotel, it's "normal" for these hotels to charge for these services in the city. If you want free parking and internet, look for a spot in Tukwila or any suburb.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comments. We are delighted that you had such a great stay with us. We love that our central location allows our guests to have easy access to shopping, restaurants, Pikes Place Market, and anything else they might need or want to do in downtown Seattle. It's great that you felt accomodated by the room, service, and amenities as we always want to make sure that we are providing everything our guests might need. We would love to welcome you back on your next visit!

Sarah S.