“Staying at the Olive”

Hyatt At Olive 8
Ranked #8 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed at the Olive 8 last week. I stayed on business, but I definitely would stay for any occasion. The hotel is great with many amenities (pool, gym, spa). The restaurant was fantastic I ate there two of my six days.

The staff is so helpful and it is a green hotel. It is very close to the convention center and the layout of the rooms was great. I like to make the room mine when I stay and so I move things around. The staff cleaned but they respected where I had placed things. That hasn't happened in years! I love this hotel.

Room Tip: I like to be up high so I can look down on the city and that's just what I got. Ask for what you...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank saw55
Write a ReviewReviews (2,566)

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I am a gold club member so I received free internet and a room upgrade. I really liked the layout of the bathroom. The room came with an air purifier which was too noisy to sleep even when it was on quiet mode. My other petty complaint was the electrical cords on the hair dryer and coffee pot were so short as to make them nearly useless. I cannot believe that this economizing would save any money. The wifi seemed fast but they also have a cable connector and several jacks for the tv. The hotel has adapted from Europe the room key slot by the door to activate the electricity in the room. I had asked for a spare key so my computer would charge when I was out, but each day the cleaning staff would remove it. The complimentary umbrellas are handy for Seattle"a rainy weather.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Harring10
Reviewed 17 February 2014

If you are in Seattle for a visit around downtown and want to have best experience as far as stay and comfort goes, this is the place to block. Beautiful staff, adjacent restaurants, spa, gym and pool within the building itself. The room was well equipped with everything you would requires for your stay, (bathrobe included :) ). I cannot think of a single negative point from my stay and I am pretty sure you wouldn't too.

Keep travelling , explore and most of all enjoy!

Room Tip: Being the downtown, all the corners are really good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ankur a
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. The room was clean and spacious, especially the bathroom! Loved the contemporary feel! Tabletop mirror was a great touch. You need to keep a card in the slot for the elec and air to work when you leave so bring an expired gift card with you. Nice bedding with a variety of pillows. Barista in lobby, restaurant as well. Subway restaurant across street! Excellent location not far from nordstrom's mother ship lol! I did think the room fresher smelled too much like men's cologne, very strong!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank up4travel
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We were in town two nights for a wedding. We found the staff to be very friendly and the room very contemporary and comfortable. Took a cab from the airport, so no issue with parking. The hotel also seemed very quiet in the rooms, despite a lot of activity in the lobby. It was an easy walk to shopping, Pike Place market, and the monorail to the Space Needle. We booked a AAA rate which included breakfast. My only complaint was the restaurant menu was perhaps overly eclectic.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ohio-Brown-Eyed-Girl
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is a great hotel, nicer than the Grand Hyatt just down the street. Much better fitness center and spa. It's also smaller and more intimate. Great area in the middle of everything but not noisey. Always try to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Docterloeb
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Very nice hotel and amenities in a great location. Wonderful staff. Reasonably priced by Seattle standards although parking is expensive if not included in the hotel rate. My first choice in hotels when I visit Seattle. They often have special promotions which makes even more attractive.

Stayed: February 2014