“Pretty much flawless service every time”
Review of Hyatt At Olive 8

Hyatt At Olive 8
Ranked #10 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I've been here 3 years in a row for a big charity ball. 350 guests and the service is pretty much flawless every time. The food is exceptional for a catered event which is a good sign that the kitchen knows what they're doing.
It's a beautiful and well maintained space, centrally located but still quiet enough.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank o p
There are newer reviews for Hyatt At Olive 8

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Boutique atmosphere, big hotel amenities, and one of the best staffs anywhere! The Urbane restaurant and bar have excellent food an drink. Pulling heavily from local sources. Great charcuterie, wines, and main dishes.
The rooms are clean and well designed and very Eco friendly. Your key shuts off the power in room as you leave.
The concierge is very helpful and keeps up on the latest trends in Seattle food and nightlife. He gave us some recommendations that were fantastic. Blue acre, Tulio's, Pair, and Franks Oyster Bar are all places I'll visit again.
The coffee bar/ market has the friendliest most helpful baristas. Everyone at Olive 8 is very knowledgeable about Seattle's attractions, restaurants, shopping and bars and take pleasure in giving you their opinion.
This hotel is always a pleasure!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike L
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed at the Olive 8 last week. I stayed on business, but I definitely would stay for any occasion. The hotel is great with many amenities (pool, gym, spa). The restaurant was fantastic I ate there two of my six days.

The staff is so helpful and it is a green hotel. It is very close to the convention center and the layout of the rooms was great. I like to make the room mine when I stay and so I move things around. The staff cleaned but they respected where I had placed things. That hasn't happened in years! I love this hotel.

Room Tip: I like to be up high so I can look down on the city and that's just what I got. Ask for what you...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank saw55
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I am a gold club member so I received free internet and a room upgrade. I really liked the layout of the bathroom. The room came with an air purifier which was too noisy to sleep even when it was on quiet mode. My other petty complaint was the electrical cords on the hair dryer and coffee pot were so short as to make them nearly useless. I cannot believe that this economizing would save any money. The wifi seemed fast but they also have a cable connector and several jacks for the tv. The hotel has adapted from Europe the room key slot by the door to activate the electricity in the room. I had asked for a spare key so my computer would charge when I was out, but each day the cleaning staff would remove it. The complimentary umbrellas are handy for Seattle"a rainy weather.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Harring10
Reviewed 17 February 2014

If you are in Seattle for a visit around downtown and want to have best experience as far as stay and comfort goes, this is the place to block. Beautiful staff, adjacent restaurants, spa, gym and pool within the building itself. The room was well equipped with everything you would requires for your stay, (bathrobe included :) ). I cannot think of a single negative point from my stay and I am pretty sure you wouldn't too.

Keep travelling , explore and most of all enjoy!

Room Tip: Being the downtown, all the corners are really good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ankur a
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. The room was clean and spacious, especially the bathroom! Loved the contemporary feel! Tabletop mirror was a great touch. You need to keep a card in the slot for the elec and air to work when you leave so bring an expired gift card with you. Nice bedding with a variety of pillows. Barista in lobby, restaurant as well. Subway restaurant across street! Excellent location not far from nordstrom's mother ship lol! I did think the room fresher smelled too much like men's cologne, very strong!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank up4travel
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We were in town two nights for a wedding. We found the staff to be very friendly and the room very contemporary and comfortable. Took a cab from the airport, so no issue with parking. The hotel also seemed very quiet in the rooms, despite a lot of activity in the lobby. It was an easy walk to shopping, Pike Place market, and the monorail to the Space Needle. We booked a AAA rate which included breakfast. My only complaint was the restaurant menu was perhaps overly eclectic.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple