“Great hotel, rather formal but very modern - cannot really fault it.”
Review of Hyatt At Olive 8

Hyatt At Olive 8
Ranked #9 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, rather formal but very modern - cannot really fault it.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The location of this hotel was excellent it was a short walk to Pike Place Market and a shorter walk to the rail station that takes you directly to the space needle. The staff were very formal but polite, it is quite obviously a business hotel but they were still extremely helpful and the concierge, a friendly gentleman arranged and booked a trip for me and had excellent advice on restaurants, shops and other places to visit, reception provided maps on check in and were genuinely more than happy to help in every way (was lucky enough to have my room ready although I arrived earlier than the allocated check in time and also allowed my room an hour later than the usual check out time). The room was very spacious the bed comfortable and the bathroom beyond what I usually expect. I did not use the toiletries as I prefer my own but they looked nice enough. Both bathroom and room were very clean, the coffee machine looked almost new as did the bathrobes/towels and bed linen. They cater for the modern day traveller in that they have facilities for charging iphones and other usb chargers. The only slight problem was the sound proofing. I could literally hear the conversation, word for word, coming from the couple occupying the room next door - this is not ideal and something which the hotel should look to address as I was rather lucky in that the noise wasn't disruptive late in the night.

Room Tip: The higher up the better!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank citygirl28

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We just returned from our trip to Seattle over the July 4th holiday. This hotel was wonderful to us. We had a rough trip as our first flight was delayed, then we had an unexpected plane change and Southwest lost our luggage. We basically arrived at the hotel with nothing. They were very accommodating and offered us a $50 voucher at the hotel restaurant. We thought that was very nice and it allowed us to relax a bit and enjoy the remainder of our first day. We asked them to call us, no matter the time, when our luggage arrived and they brought it to us at 4am. Thought it was a pain (that's Southwest's fault) we were thankful to wake up with our things so we could shower and get ready for a full day in Seattle. The rooms were clean and very nice. We received fresh towels every day. We didn't have a chance to visit but we heard the gym was very nice too. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want to stay downtown but not pay quite as much as some of the other hotels. It was walking distance from everything.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Katie121
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. We're so glad that we helped your difficult day end well. We always want to provide genuine hospitality to our guests and ensure that they feel welcomed and comfortable, it's wonderful that this is what you experienced. We would love to have you stay with us again during your next trip to Seattle.

washington state
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here last year because I was attending a concert acrossed the street and I wanted to stay close by so we could just walk and it was the closest hotel to the venue. I was SO extremely happy with it. I love that it's a green and eco friendly hotel as a "wannabe hippie" this made me very pleased. We used our triple A card and with that, it gave us breakfast for free in their restaurant on site and I again was very pleased mostly organic food and SUPER yummy! hotel is very modern and I have no complaints. Bed was comfy, bathroom spacious, very clean. Parking was a little pricey but this is downtown seattle and thats to be expected.

Room Tip: definitely eat in the restaurant!
Green Features: I LOVE this aspect of it!! Makes me feel very good about staying here, the toilet was easy to use, the decor was all still very modern looking, everything about it was wonderful
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I visit Seattle often, and have stayed at many of its finest hotels (including Westin, Sheraton, Renaissance and many more). The Hyatt at Olive 8 is by far the best hotel I've stayed at.

This is a new hotel with very clean and comfortable rooms. The space in the room is very well utilized, the furniture is nice, the bed is comfortable and the lighting is pleasant.

However, the thing I liked the most in this hotel is the attention to details. All those little things that annoy me in most hotels were absent here. The internet service was superb, the bed sheets are not too warm and not too cold, the air conditioner is easy to control (and also obedient), all the electrical outlets are easy to reach, the lighting is easy to control, the towels are soft, the room was (by default) equipped with a bathrobe, toothpaste, q-tips and cotton balls, the TV was of a high quality and there was an empty mini-bar to store my food. In addition, the gym is fantastic. It so well equipped compared to other hotel gyms that it saved me from going to my regular Seattle gym.

It was a great pleasure to stay there, and I will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for your review! We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to ensure that our guests have everything they need for a comfortable and relaxing stay. That's wonderful that you got to try out the fitness center and hope that your visit also included a dip in our heated saline-lap pool. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Seattle.

Orinda, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Wow from the lobby to the rooms to the resturant-this is a great downtown local-that is youthful and clean and modern-attending a conference and will be abck. Great rate and I loved my stay-wish I had time for spa

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My daughter and I spent 5 days this past week at the Hyatt Olive 8 and it couldn't have been better. The hotel is ideally located within walking distance of points of interest throughout Seattle. The staff is excellent from registration desk to concierges - they went above and beyond to make your stay pleasant. One night we ate at Urbane- the hotel restaurant, and the burger was about the best I've ever had. They had regular breakfast and take away or quick - almond croissant delectable. We rented a car through the hotel and access was around the corner. It's clean and modern and all went smoothly.

Room Tip: We were in deluxe with 2 queens and it was very roomy - I think you will find an unpleasant room the...
Green Features: They have 2 bins in the room for recycle and regular trash.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 24lorraineS
Thank you for your review. We always aim to make a genuine connection with our guests and make them feel welcomed and comfortable; that's wonderful that this was your experience. At Urbane we use local fresh ingredients to bring delicious seasonal dishes to the table. It's so wonderful that you had such a great stay! We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Seattle.

Woking
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We spent 3 days here before picking up our cruise to Alaska. The hotel staff were very professional and efficient and friendly. The room was a good size - huge Queen size beds and clean. They catered well for gluten free and were very helpful telling me what I could have on the menu and the chef would have made me something else if I'd have wanted. The eggs benedict in the morning was lovely on gluten free toast of course !
Very well positioned hotel for the shops and Pikes Place Market within about 10 minutes walk.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple