Hyatt At Olive 8
  • Fitness centre
US$343
Cancelon
2,608 results
All reviewsgreat hotelsteam roomconvention centermodern hotelpacific placepike place markethotel restaurantpool and hot tubwithin walking distancecorner roomlight railvalet parkingspace needlewater pressurewould definitely stay here againloved this hoteltwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I wanted to love the Hyatt At Olive 8. I really really did. But they made it difficult to do so. I was here for Mozcon2014, so it was fairly full.

Pros:
- Staff was always very polite, welcoming and warm.
- Fairly clean, nothing leading me to believe it hadn't been thoroughly cleaned. Well maintained inside and out.
- Location is excellent!

Cons:
- Do not expect your wifi to work. Anywhere. It will fail you at every moment you need it. This means no Spotify while you shower or in the bathroom. This wouldn't be such a big deal, but...
- There is NO cell reception in the room, unless you hold your phone against the window. I wish I were kidding. I'm not.
- Had my key deactivated. Twice. Once they claimed I must have had it against my cellphone (it wasn't and I doubt that actually demagnetizes cards) and the second because they thought I was checking out. Nope! Still need the room.
- They don't seem to have the whole guest management thing figured out. Left me a bill a day early. Called front desk, confirmed I had one more night. They said yes, hung up and later that day I got a web check-in email. Suspicious. Got back, card deactivated.
- Electronics weren't the most reliable. My tv was possessed until the engineer came up and rerouted the signal not to go through the desk ports.

Nice hotel with some really irritating flaws.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Oneminerdetail
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I took an Alaskan cruise that ended on Jul 4th. We determined that we didn't wish to fly home during the holiday madness. Since the cruise ended in Seattle, we decided to stay 2 days and see Seattle (which can't be done in 2 days). The location was excellent, within reasonable walking distance of more attractions than we could accommodate. The hotel, room, concierge, staff were spectacular. The desk staff was extremely attentive, and always stepped in if the concierge was tied up or unavailable. Each question, was promptly and completely answered, at any hour. We have nothing but praise for this hotel

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, and have absolutely no complaints. Wasn't here for the view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lou B
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was our first stop on our way to Hawaii. The hotel is a few blocks away from Westlake station where we got off the Light rail from SEA TAC airport. A very warm welcome when we arrived. Staff aware this was the start of our honeymoon (after we left a comment on Hotels.com when booking the hotel) and we were assured we would be well looked after. Complimentary beers and Cheese and biscuits were sent up to our room. The hotel is lovely and modern and the room the same. We had no complaints about the room, and the bathroom was perfect. Very comfortable bed. We used the gym facilities which were great and the pool and Jacuzzi was lovely. The hotel was about 10-15 minute walk from Pike place market and easy to access the Lightrail and monorail.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for your review! That is so wonderful that you were able to start your honeymoon with us! We're so glad that we were able to help you celebrate such a great life event! We love that along with being so central to shopping, restaurants, and attractions, we also offer wonderful on site amenities like the jacuzzi and heated saline-lap pool; that's great that you got to enjoy them! We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Seattle.

Sarah S.
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We only stayed one night, so we didn't get to really explore the hotel amenities. With that said I can review the rooms. We had a basic King Bed Room, these rooms are beautifully and efficiently layout. There were plenty of outlets, a nice desk, safe, ironing board and iron, a mini fridge (that came in handy as we picked up a few things from Whole Foods nearby.) The bed was just perfect, you melt right in. We had an issue with the tv cable, someone came up within 10 minutes to fix the cable. And when we were missing a body wash, they sent that up within 10 minutes as well. The only thing that was lacking was a view, as we had a view of an office building, but for one night this wasn't an issue for us. I would highly recommend this hotel for business and tourists travelers.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doggiebus

Thank you for your comments. It's wonderful that we were able to meet your needs for your quick stay. Our main goal is to make sure you feel welcomed and comfortable. We also like to make sure that we are able to either fix an issue or provide a missing item as quickly and efficiently as possible. We look forward to having you visit us again on your next trip to Seattle.

Sarah S.
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Modern hotel in downtown Seattle. Reasonably priced, clean, and in a very good location - near shopping area as well as a few blocks from Pike Place Market. Also a good location in terms of driving distance to sites (Space Needle, sports stadiums, museums, colleges, Pioneer Square, etc.) Better than average gym for workouts. Room was clean and staff very friendly. The only drawback (and what I've read from others) is the cost of valet parking (about $40/night with in and out privileges). No different than in San Francisco but still thought just a bit steep for guests. With that said, I'd definitely stay here again with my family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family