“GREAT HOTEL with a GREAT SPA!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt At Olive 8
Ranked #8 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Portland, Oregon
“GREAT HOTEL with a GREAT SPA!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

This is a new GREAT hotel in a downtown Seattle. The location is close to Pike Place market, Space Needle and the downtown mall. The hotel is beautiful and has an outstanding spa! I love the Hotel 1000, the Four Seasons and now I have a third hotel in Seattle the Hyatt at Olive 8.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattSeattle, General Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, 17 March 2010
Thanks so much for giving us a try, glad that you liked it! Sounds like you know the Seattle hotels well and we appreciate that you were open to trying something new. We appreciate the comment on Elaia Spa; we are VERY proud of it and want to keep getting the word out.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

I've visited Seattle on business at least 25-30 times in the past and stayed in various hotels. This and one other hotel outside of Seattle called Hotel Woodmark in Carrolin Point have so far been my favorite. This time I went with my husband and baby with a group of people for an award trip and they really made our stay comfertable. They delivered my baby's crib with cute little toiletries for her. We stayed in a corner room so I cant say we expreinced the noise that the other people did. I really liked the concept of the key switch controlled by the card because many times I forget to turn off the lights when leaving a room. I also liked the shower without the door however I found the shower head and the pressure of the water rather annoying. Since we had a corner room we were looking right into someone's office and since it was over the weekend it wasnt a big deal. I would def stay here again because it is a beautiful hotel with great service and you cannot beat the location. It is walking distance to great shopping, Pikes Place and so close to so many attractions in Seattle. I wouldnt reccomend eating at the restaurant as we thought the food was less than average there. Seattle has so many great restaurants I would get out and try them instead of eating there. Also the parking is really expensive and the charge for internet access is too high.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the review, we really value the feedback of someone like you who travels to Seattle often and has a good handle on what Seattle has to offer. I apologize that the food in the restaurant wasn’t up to par for your stay, and while you are correct that there are numerous outstanding eateries in the area, we still want to present an outstanding culinary experience in our hotel. So glad that the stay worked well for your baby. We have kids too and understand how a baby’s satisfaction can have a big impact on your stay. Also glad that you like the Wattstopper power control. We have gotten a lot of great comments, especially from people who have seen this technology in Europe and Asia for years now. Glad to be one of your favorites, and look forward to hosting you again soon!
Irvine, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

I travel to downtown Seattle on business more than a dozen times a year. I recently stayed at this Hyatt and loved it. The corner room was spacious with almost too many windows (is that possible?), the room was quiet, and the staff helpful. I particularly loved the pool. As a business traveler, it was easy to grab a light breakfast in the lobby on my way out. The downtown area at night can be a little scary but safe enough. I feel safer if I avoid Pine and Pike since that's where panhandlers and others tend to hang out. But even though streets are ok. If this Hyatt was less expensive I'd choose it over my usual choices of the nearby Sheraton and Fairmont hotels (both very fine properties in their own right) since it suits my particular needs so well.

Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
HyattSeattle, General Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, 16 March 2010
Thanks for the great review. I really appreciate hearing from ‘road warriors’ like you. I had to smile when you were talking about the windows in the corner room because the same thought occurred to me when we were building the hotel. A ‘wall of windows’ wrapping around the corner is dramatic and hard to describe...but absolutely wonderful. Glad you enjoyed the saline pool as well as our breakfast-to-go in the coffee shop. And we are honored we are your new favorite hotel in downtown Seattle!!
Weston, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2010

Very nice hotel and service. Reasonably priced. Only reservation would be downtown Seattle is not particularly nice at night - very seedy. Would consider staying across the lake in Kirkland and commuting into Seattle.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HyattSeattle, General Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, 11 March 2010
Thanks for the nice review of the hotel! I won’t lie; Seattle is a big city and that comes with the good and the bad, however there is lots to do in the evenings and generally lots of folks out and about. I hope this doesn’t discourage you from visiting again. Thanks for staying with us!
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2010

This hotel has now become my favorite Hyatt hotel! This bold statement is based upon a combination of the amazing staff, the well appointed room (I had a corner king deluxe room <#634>), the mixologists at the bar, the state-of-the-art work-out facility & the tasty restaurant. What else can I say....stay at this hotel when you are in Seattle. One last thing to note, if you don't want to spend $35+ on parking, check the hotel website for parking/breakfast specials. I found a pretty amazing rate that including valet parking & breakfast. Thank you to the staff @ Olive 8...you truly "get it"!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much! I consider that high praise for our team that you feel that we ‘get it’! And I am thrilled that you get what we are trying to do at this hotel. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of all of the areas of the hotel, and that is what I hope all of our guests get a chance to do. I also really appreciate you mentioning your room number; this allows our team to acknowledge the folks who took care of you. See you again soon!
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2010

The service and cleanliness of the hotel was excellent. Close to bus routes, which are free in downtown Seattle. Being a 'green' hotel it took some time getting used to placing my key card in a 'powerbox' to work the lighting in the room. The shower water trickles out, again 'green'. The toilet also has a 'poo' button and 'pee' button, again very 'green' The pool and hot tub area is very clean and well taken care of. The restroom leading to the pool area has a steam room a dry heat room and the showers are to die for. Complimentary mouth wash, combs, razors, shaving cream, tooth paste, blow dryer etc.. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank whiterump
HyattSeattle, General Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, 9 March 2010
Love to hear good comments about cleanliness and service, thanks! We are very close to one of the main bus hubs, and also only a block from the Light Rail’s Westlake station! Our Wattstopper light controls and dual-flush toilets are the new way to go, and we think they will catch on! Glad that you would be willing to come back; we would love to see you again!
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

Upon arrival to the hotel, it was exciting to see the outside and lobby..located on the corner of 8th and Olive, it's in a good spot. Great vibe and lively upon entrance. The room was a good size and seeing a shower in a Hyatt was a nice treat (although the water pressure was lame). Once you fall asleep you are awaken by the sound of doors slamming and can hear everything in the room next door. We stayed 2 nights and it happened both nights. Many of the reviews indicated this noise and they are true. You will wake up tired and annoyed! The restaurant Urbane is cool and the food was ok...had better. The little cafe in the hotel has amazing ham & cheese biscuits and homemade yogurt ...don't miss out on this if you do stay here!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattSeattle, General Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, 8 March 2010
Glad that you enjoyed the look and ambiance of the hotel. Disappointed, however, that you were disturbed by the sounds of the doors and the shower pressure. While the showerheads are low-water consumption models (part of our LEED Certification), the difference in pressure from a normal showerhead should not be discernable. If there is any way you could contact my office with your room number, I would greatly appreciate it so we could take a look. I appreciate you staying with us and hope we get a chance to see you again in the future.