“Great bang for the buck”
Review of The College Inn

The College Inn
Ranked #93 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 5 September 2012

The facility is kept very clean. Bathrooms are shared but people are courteous so no big deal. Great location. Most comfortable bed and pillow I've slept on in a motel. Slept like a baby.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Charles W
There are newer reviews for The College Inn

Reviewed 19 August 2012

I booked the College Inn online and I was a little skeptical about staying there because it was so inexpensive. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was small but it was clean, comfortable and really quite quaint. OK, so the bathrooms and showers were down the hall. We didn't mind a bit. The breakfast was really good. The only thing that was problematic was not the Inn's fault. There was some construction going on next door and we awoke to the sound of jack-hammers at 7:00 AM. We had to be on our way anyhow so that was not a huge problem. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 August 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Randy C
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Good location if you are wanting to stay In the U-district. A really friendly place, nice breakfast included and great value

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Tadams977
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This hotel advertises itself as European; but with bathrooms down the hall it's more basic than that. Hotel was realtively clean and neat, but old with with worn out furnishings. The price is right, the location great but old and old fashioned.

Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank FlyboyinLondon
christudor, Owner at The College Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Thank you for your posting. We are always interested in your thoughts and appreciate the feedback. This Spring we are making improvements to the property's decor but keeping our historic charm.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

I've stayed at The College Inn several times over the years and my experience has gradually gone from pretty good to horrible. I stayed there a few weeks ago and should have insisted on my money back (which I've never done) because it was so bad. When I arrived at 10:00 the clerk met me at the door, shoved the key in my hand and left for the night. Consequently, I wasn't able to get online as the code wasn't correct in the room information and there wasn't a clerk to ask. Some of the room's furniture was of the quality that Goodwill would likely reject and send to the landfill. I'm not exaggerating. The next morning, the coffee was lukewarm and awful as usual, but in the past that had been a feature I was willing to put up with. As I was packing to leave, looking forward to being out of there, I realized I was stepping on a used condom that was lying beside the bed. Gross!!!! I called the manager and left a message, but did not hear from him.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank mary b
christudor, Owner at The College Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Thank you for your posting. We appreciate any and all feedback.

We find your experience unacceptable. As you noted in your posting you have stayed with us several times over the years and this is not up to our commitment to quality. I sincerely apologize for your experience. We guarantee our commitment to a positive guest experience and would like to speak to you about your stay. Please contact me personally at mgr@collegeinnseattle.com and we will rectify your situation.

In regards your concerns to others who read the review, we have follow up with our staff and make the necessary changes to insure the items highlighted will not happen again. In addition, we have installed a brand new coffee machine with enhanced coffee selection and this spring we are upgrading our rooms from furniture to bedding.

We are and continue to be an excellent location with quality accommodations for northwest travelers. We welcome feedback in order to be a better COLLEGE INN.