“Great value for comfortable stay near Space Needle”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown
Ranked #38 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed here for a quick business trip, and it was a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. Great value for the $ and would absolutely recommend, especially for families or business travelers who want a little extra space.

LOCATION: I usually stay near Pike Place, so wasn’t sure I would like the location, but it was a nice change of pace. I enjoyed walking around and seeing some new sites/ones I hadn’t seen in awhile – the Space Needle, the monorail, Seattle Center, Belltown, Queen Anne, waterfront, etc. It’s walking distance to all of this – and I’m sure Pike Place, too, although it would be a longer walk. However, next time, I’ll probably stay near Pike Place again – the Homewood Suites there is another good value.

GETTING HERE: I usually travel by car, but decided to give public transit a try, so took light rail from SeaTac to Westlake Center ($2.75 – about 4o mins); took Monorail from Westlake to Seattle Center ($2.25, about 20 mins w/ wait time, just 10 mins if you time it right), and then walked about 8 blocks from there to Homewood Suites (about 15 mins) – so about $5 and 1-1/4 hour total, and very enjoyable, although if you have a lot of luggage or kids, or it’s raining, might just want to take a cab from Westlake.

STAFF: was very friendly and helpful; check-in and check out were very easy.

ROOM: Had the 2 bdrm-suite on the top (6th floor) and it was perfect – spacious, comfy beds and pillows, nice to have the living room and kitchenette (w/ coffee, tea and popcorn).

AMENITIES: Used the workout room, which was nice, and checked out the little convenience store (open 24-7; nice touch); also really appreciated the business center, open 24 hrs w/ free printing.

BKFST: Didn’t get to take advantage of the light dinner (just Mon-Thur.), but did get the free breakfast – eggs, sausage, toast, oatmeal, fruit, pastries, coffee, tea and juices. Very convenient. Also, lots of fun restaurants just a few blocks up the street, around 1st and Mercer.

Room Tip: The 2-bdrn suite is great and spacious
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SDTraveler01
Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed here to go to a conference nearby and it was a nice location. Not terribly romantic area, but there are lots of great restaurants nearby. Breakfast was average, but hot food, which is often not the case with breakfast included. I think this would be great for our family if we came back with them. Lots of space in the suite we had. No kettle included with room, so we just used pots to boil water.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Juhwawa
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Homewood Suites Downtown in Seattle for 5 days.

The location was perfect, as we had just finished a cruise and it was very close to the Port when we disembarked.

From the minute we entered the hotel, the staff were so friendly and obliging - and the best part was - even though we were early arriving - about 9.00am - they were kind enough to offer us our room which was great as we were able to get setttled early. They also offered us breakfast (which we declined as we had already eaten on the ship - but it was a lovely offer)

When we arrived back after sightseeing every afternoon, we were able to take advantage of the complimentary wine and a meal which they offered through the weekdays.

The suite was large and clean - had every facility that we required.

We were so impressed with the Homewood Suites, that we have just booked accommodation at another one in another City

Well done to the staff and management of the Homewood Suites

Room Tip: We had a room which overlooked the bay - really lovely - the sun came in the window each day.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nlhAustralia
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We were looking for a nice, clean location before we boarded for a cruise. It was a nice & clean room, but mostly it was the great staff. For what we were looking for, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristopher T
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We traveled with a family of four twice and were satisfied both times. The location and free breakfast were very convenient, and we also took advantage of the "light meal" served weeknights. Although not gourmet, both were reasonably good quality. The rooms are Embassy Suites style with a sofabed and chairs in the inner room and bed and wardrobe in the outer room. Very little natural light in the inner room but nice to have the extra space and excellent for nap time. The sofabed was not the most comfortable but it was fine and the actual bed was very comfortable. There was a fridge, microwave and stove. The staff was friendly and the location accessible. We had a nice view of Puget Sound. Although I wouldn't call it luxurious, it was very pleasant and clean. I would recommend it. Parking was $15 plus tax, and as with any Seattle accommodation, room taxes are hefty.

Room Tip: Note that room taxes are $35 and up, so consider that in your budget.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 52024Pdxjj
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We normally LOVE "Homewood Suites". They are the perfect hotel for families! 99% we choose a Hilton hotel. They always have a military rate that is affordable for our family. BUT, this Homewood was not a good experience. We had 2 rooms. My mother-n-laws room smelled like dead fish and we had to move her. The rooms were not as nice/clean as most Homewoods. Then, the place was run down and dirty. They had a ping pong table, but the paddles were broken and the room that it was in was dirty. The breakfast was just O.K. I will not be returning to this one. We are trying out the location near the Sea Tac airport in a few weeks. Hopefully, it will be nicer.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My husband & I spent a five nights at the Homewood Suites. My husband’s company uses this hotel as its close to their offices. It was not my first choice in a hotel, but after staying there I can honestly say that it worked well for us. The area was great – easy access to Ballard & 15th St., easy to get to I5 & lots of great restaurants in the Queen Anne Area. It is also a short walk to the Seattle Center.

Check-in – Went smoothly. They do give Airline mileage. If you are using your United account, you will need your old United number vs. the new one, as their system has not been updated.

We stayed in room 224 – I normally prefer a higher floor, but it worked. Our room had the separate living area with couch, desk & tv. Problem was, all of the windows were in the bedroom, so there was no natural light in the living room and it was very dark. We spent most of our time in bedroom – it had a very comfortable king size bed, lots of pillows, a closet, dresser, night stands & TV. The kitchen had everything you could need – fridge, freezer, dishes, sink, two burner stove & a microwave. We kept water in the fridge & that was about it. Yes, we heard street noise, but it never bothered us. I had no issues sleeping.

Bathroom – The bathroom could have been a bit bigger, but it worked. Shower always had plenty of hot water & good water pressure. Two sinks would have been nice, but probably not good for that size bathroom. They had Neutrogena soap bars along with Bath & Body Works shampoo, conditioner & body Lotion. Don’t remember which fragrance.

The wireless in the rooms worked. Never had an issue getting it to work.

Breakfast – my husband went to the breakfast one morning, but the eggs weren’t that good to him. The blueberry muffins were good. Most days we just grabbed a few bananas to keep in the room. For really good breakfast head up to The 5 Spot which is on Queen Anne Blvd – really yummy French toast!!!

Overall the hotel suited our needs – it was in a good location for my husband’s office, nice neighborhood and easy access to the areas we needed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business