“Come here and get threatened”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown
Ranked #38 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I got a room for one night. Was celebrating a birthday (almost drowned 2 years ago)...and celebrating a friends winning battle with cancer. So we were a little excited about life and living. We went downtown and celebrated. Came back to the room to "chill out" before going to bed. I get a knock on my door and a person from the front desk had his finger out and in a VERY threatening tone in thru gritted teeth telling us we are being too loud. (my one neighbor next door was apparently watching and i heard "i live here and they woke me up" I paid to live there too...hello?!?). Also I was burning incense in the room because THEIR WAS A FOUL ODOR coming from the bathroom. The THREATENING front desk man also said he had my credit card and "was going to charge my card on file $250 in a NY minute for smoking in the room". I denied the smoking. If they looked at their cameras they would see a group of people coming in and out of the hotel to smoke their cigarettes several times that evening. I was so shocked I didn't have anything to say to him but "ok". My friend in the room immediately called the front desk and questioned the smoking charge. WE WERE NOT SMOKING IN THE ROOM! The person on the phone let us know that they were going to advise their housekeeping staff to be on the lookout for smoking evidence. We were all so shocked at the RUDE and THREATENING behavior we almost left right there and then. The next morning, we saw the other neighbor on the other side of my room and asked about noise. They (a man and his young son) didn't hear a single thing because WE WERE NOT BEING LOUD…hello? AND IF we were being loud...wouldn't it be policy to just ask us to quiet down...and if we were loud again, THEN to threaten us? I've been to cheaper hotels/motels throughout my life and teen years ALL OVER THE US and WORLD and have dealt with noise complaints....and NOONE, not even a motel 6/8 or any hotel/motel has treated a paying customer as POORLY as Homewood Suites in DT Seattle off Western Ave. The front desk man, short older Caucasian wearing glasses needs to learn customer service. I took video of the room in the morning as evidence that there was NO SMOKING in the room just in case they did charge me….which they didn’t. I WILL NOT be coming back to this place. NOT WORTH IT and will be spreading the word. If you want to be threatened for things you didn't do, come here. Shocked that I was treated BETTER at cheaper establishments such like a motel 6/8. Shaking my head. Never again. The experience was NOT fun...I WOULD NOT recommend to others...it was NOT worth the time/money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jennifer C

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Cannot beat the location to my work, but the hotel is a little tired. The dinner and breakfast provided as part of the room cost is decent and allows some freedom from travel. The room itself seemed a little old with some of the carpet being old, areas of the room scuffed up and the room seeming to have had it share of daily users. Front desk staff is friendly and overall it was a pleasant stay, just not was nice as it could be.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The location of the Hotel in Seattle was very close to many of Seattle's main attractions. We parked the car at check-in and walked everywhere we needed to go. Although this was not nearly as elegant as places we've stayed in the past it was still comfortable and nice enough to spend our first year anniversary in stile. The room was clean, large, and very quiet! Our only complaint was the lack of oven in the full kitchen.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

This location was a little less convenient than the Pike street location, but the rooms were bigger. Also, this location is nice and quiet.their breakfast buffet is wonderful with lots of choices. We were traveling with family and got in very late. The front desk staff named Virginia was extremely welcoming and lovely. We would definitely stay here again. It's a toss between this location and the Pike location. Homewood suites brand is good in our book!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My wife and I had an excellent stay. The hotel is in a great location, has excellent amenities, hospitality, cleanliness as well as comfortable rooms. We would definitely stay here again as well as other Homewood Suites hotels.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights pre cruise and was pleasantly surprise at how friendly and welcoming the front desk staff were.

Our Room was very comfortable and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was nice (shower over bath).

The breakfast was very nice, plenty of choice and to have it included in the rate was a bonus.

The wifi was free and very fast (not used to that in NZ).

The location was great, close to lots of nice places to eat, and a comfortable walk down to the Markets.

I would recommend this to friends, and would stay here again.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

From the moment we arrived the staff and hotel were wonderful. We didn't realize that they offered dinner and breakfast which were both outstanding. Fresh coffee and cookies were available in the lobby. The room was extremely comfortable and more then we needed for our quick 3 day stay, but would be great for a family or extended stay. We used the hotel gym and laundry facilities and both were outstanding. There is lots of parking around the hotel and we didn't touch our car the entire stay. The staff suggested that we walk to the space needle the first evening and it was great. We bought the two day ticket and enjoyed sunset the next day. It was a great trip.

Room Tip: no pool, but we didn't miss it. Within walking distance to any major attraction including monotr...