“Homewood Suites near Seattle Center”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown
Ranked #43 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Huntington Beach, California
“Homewood Suites near Seattle Center”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We are die hard Homewood Suites fans and have stayed at nearly 10 different locations with our kids. I was a bit hesitant to book at this hotel as some reviews said it was in a bad neighborhood and that the hotel parking was expensive and street parking hard to find. We visited in August with our 10 year old twins and had an excellent stay. We found street parking every day and even got tips from the Front Desk on where to find it without getting a ticket. Weekends are more flexible, and there are lots nearby for $5 to $7. We felt very safe in the neighborhood and explored Lower Queen Anne restaurants. There are lots of high end condos near the hotel, so it's a nice area. It is a city, so you just have to be aware of your surroundings. We walked to the Seattle Center several times and took the monorail downtown. Didn't get to explore the sculpture garden and park across the street, but plan on doing on our next visit. The hotel is a bit tired compared to some Homewood Suites, and could use new beds and carpeting, but the staff was friendly and we had a nice quiet room.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Laura P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Polish first
San Clemente, CA, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We booked a "bay view" suite at this property, which is really a bit north of downtown Seattle, nearer to Seattle Center. When we arrived, we were given a room which looked out on a parking lot across the street. We complained and were the given a room on the top floor which did face the water, although the bay view was through the bedroom window, as the suites are set up like Embassy, with the living room area adjacent to the hallway and having no windows. the hotel is "pet friendly" and our couch showed it, as the arms were frayed from what looked like cat scratches. The room was clean, but people with pet allergies may have issues. The managers reception (M-Thu) was a real bonus, as they offered a buffet dinner as well as wine/beer in the well appointed common dining area. Breakfast was also buffet style, with eggs, meats and cereals. The only thing missing was fresh cut fruit. The hotel is close to Seattle Center with the Space Needle and museums, but is a mile or two from Pikes Market and other parts of downtown, so if you are not a walker, you'll need transportation to see those sights.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Worcester, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Homewood Suites is always my first choice when I visit corporate HQ in Seattle. It is just blocks from the office. The room is large and comfortable, which makes a big difference on an extended stay. And the staff is always friendly and professional. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Federal Way, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I got a room for one night. Was celebrating a birthday (almost drowned 2 years ago)...and celebrating a friends winning battle with cancer. So we were a little excited about life and living. We went downtown and celebrated. Came back to the room to "chill out" before going to bed. I get a knock on my door and a person from the front desk had his finger out and in a VERY threatening tone in thru gritted teeth telling us we are being too loud. (my one neighbor next door was apparently watching and i heard "i live here and they woke me up" I paid to live there too...hello?!?). Also I was burning incense in the room because THEIR WAS A FOUL ODOR coming from the bathroom. The THREATENING front desk man also said he had my credit card and "was going to charge my card on file $250 in a NY minute for smoking in the room". I denied the smoking. If they looked at their cameras they would see a group of people coming in and out of the hotel to smoke their cigarettes several times that evening. I was so shocked I didn't have anything to say to him but "ok". My friend in the room immediately called the front desk and questioned the smoking charge. WE WERE NOT SMOKING IN THE ROOM! The person on the phone let us know that they were going to advise their housekeeping staff to be on the lookout for smoking evidence. We were all so shocked at the RUDE and THREATENING behavior we almost left right there and then. The next morning, we saw the other neighbor on the other side of my room and asked about noise. They (a man and his young son) didn't hear a single thing because WE WERE NOT BEING LOUD…hello? AND IF we were being loud...wouldn't it be policy to just ask us to quiet down...and if we were loud again, THEN to threaten us? I've been to cheaper hotels/motels throughout my life and teen years ALL OVER THE US and WORLD and have dealt with noise complaints....and NOONE, not even a motel 6/8 or any hotel/motel has treated a paying customer as POORLY as Homewood Suites in DT Seattle off Western Ave. The front desk man, short older Caucasian wearing glasses needs to learn customer service. I took video of the room in the morning as evidence that there was NO SMOKING in the room just in case they did charge me….which they didn’t. I WILL NOT be coming back to this place. NOT WORTH IT and will be spreading the word. If you want to be threatened for things you didn't do, come here. Shocked that I was treated BETTER at cheaper establishments such like a motel 6/8. Shaking my head. Never again. The experience was NOT fun...I WOULD NOT recommend to others...it was NOT worth the time/money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

3 Thank Jennifer C
Melbourne, Florida, United States
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Cannot beat the location to my work, but the hotel is a little tired. The dinner and breakfast provided as part of the room cost is decent and allows some freedom from travel. The room itself seemed a little old with some of the carpet being old, areas of the room scuffed up and the room seeming to have had it share of daily users. Front desk staff is friendly and overall it was a pleasant stay, just not was nice as it could be.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
anacortes, United States
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The location of the Hotel in Seattle was very close to many of Seattle's main attractions. We parked the car at check-in and walked everywhere we needed to go. Although this was not nearly as elegant as places we've stayed in the past it was still comfortable and nice enough to spend our first year anniversary in stile. The room was clean, large, and very quiet! Our only complaint was the lack of oven in the full kitchen.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This location was a little less convenient than the Pike street location, but the rooms were bigger. Also, this location is nice and quiet.their breakfast buffet is wonderful with lots of choices. We were traveling with family and got in very late. The front desk staff named Virginia was extremely welcoming and lovely. We would definitely stay here again. It's a toss between this location and the Pike location. Homewood suites brand is good in our book!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family