“Sunny in Seattle!!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown
Ranked #36 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The hotel is perfectly located for sightseeing. The Seattle Needle & Pacific Science Centre were a few blocks uphill whilst the waterfront is across the road. It's a beautiful walk along the waterfront to the harbour area & Pike's Place Market. The view of the Olympic Mountains in the background of Puget Sound was especially scenic. The weather was great for the 6 days when we visited & hence the review title :-)
The room was super spacious with a living room, open kitchen (all appliances & crockery), bathroom & bedroom. All in all, comfortable enough for my 4 year old to feel at home!
The front desk staff were super helpful & the lobby area makes one feel at ease. No snobby airs here. They have super tasty cookies at the front desk which you can help yourself to plus a small grocery store that stocks a few essentials. The breakfast area is spacious & the food spread is good. There is a sweet lady Linda who cleared our dishes every morning & it was a pleasure conversing with her on a couple of mornings.
We had an issue with the TV in the living room & it was promptly sorted out - great service yet again.
The hotel is situated in a quiet area & we really enjoyed the overall ambience.
If we do visit Seattle again, we look forward to staying at the Homewood Suites Downtown.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dxbpinto
Write a ReviewReviews (1,133)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We didn't spend a lot of time here. We arrived about 1:00 a.m., the front desk clerk had our room keys ready for us, she was very helpful and friendly. We had breakfast which was decent. They needed more help to clear and turn over the tables. Room was clean. This a good location if you are going on a cruise. It's a short cab ride. Would stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lastnoel65
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This Homewood Suites is in an excellent location with a public transportation bus stop on the corner to provide easy access to any place in the city. The hotel provides outstanding quality service--which is what we have come to expect when staying at a Hilton Facility. We will definitely stay at this hotel the next time we visit Seattle.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My son and I had a wonderful week-long stay here in April 2014. The rooms were well sized and very comfortable and the kitchen facilities were useful.

We most appreciated the meals and the excellent service. The hot breakfasts were better than average hotel breakfasts, with consistent items (fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, cereals) and a rotating menu of eggs, breakfast meats, potatoes, breads. The complimentary dinner (served Monday through Thursday) was an unexpected and greatly appreciated bonus. After a long day of sightseeing it was nice to be able to have a meal without going out.

The entire staff was extremely helpful (loaning us umbrellas and other needed supplies). The location was good, not in the heart of the main sightseeing area, but easy walking distance to the Seattle Center and the Olympic Sculpture Park and a comfortable and scenic 1 mile walk to Pike Place Market.

The price was extremely reasonable. Great stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank C R
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Room was smaller then the other guest rooms ask for a inside room not corner room. The air condition unit was only piped into bedroom, which we did not mind, however it was not into the living room or kitchen area. We had an excellent stay would consider staying again. We also felt the price was on the higher side! We did take advantage of a discount which helped a lot otherwise we would not have stayed at this chain of hotels. Loved the location walking distance to downtown.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was looking for a convenient hotel that I could stay at for one night after my cruise disembarked in Seattle. I had never been to seattle, and wanted a day to explore, knowing only that I wanted to see Pike Place Market and the Dale Chiluly glass museum. So, I picked this hotel because it looked fairly close to both on the map. It turned out to be the best decision I could make. I used HH points for a free night, and when I walked in at barely 10am on a Saturday morning, I realized that they might not have a room ready for me, but I could at least drop my luggage and take off doing what I wanted to do. Not so. I was welcomed warmly by two wonderful front desk clerks who said "We have your room ready for you!". To say I was delighted, would be an understatement. I was then told, "enjoy a free breakfast!". Wow. That was great, because they kicked us off our cruise ship early with nary a cup of coffee. I enjoyed a delicious bowl of oatmeal and yogurt AND coffee in a lovely breakfast area (probably the best I have ever seen in any hotel I have stayed in ....and I have stayed in plenty!) Great food, lots of tables, spacious and really relaxing. Wow. Welcome to Seattle! My room was a spacious suite...more than comfortable for one person...with a full size refrigerator, etc. I really enjoyed my time here, and asked several questions of the front desk staff. They were always more than accommodating and very helpful. I walked straight up hill, but just 4 or 5 blocks to the Dale Chiluly glass museum, and then about a mile straight down a main thoroughfare to Pike Place Market. I felt safe in the area, especially since I was alone, and took lots of wonderful pictures of Seattle. Even though it was just one day and one night, it was great. Thank you Hilton Homewood!

Room Tip: I had a 1st floor room off the side street. Nothing bothered me about it, and in fact I rather like...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank francefantoo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed for 5 nights and really enjoyed the location. Do not bother trying to park in downtown. We walked to Seattle Center numerous times (space needle, emp, chuiliy, monorail). It is uphill but not bad....my kids managed it with no complaints. Numerous places to eat close by. Staff was always supper nice and we were so impressed with the breakfast.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family