“Will definitly come back!”

Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center
Ranked #67 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Victoria, Canada
“Will definitly come back!”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Was nicely surprised on arrival when I walked in to the large spacious lobby. We were greeted warmly by Terra, and were even given goodie bags with bottled water and cookies! Terra offered us up all sorts of helpful information as we weren't that familiar with Seattle, and definitly made our arrival relaxing and stress free.

Our room was gorgeous, spacious and very clean. It had a beautiful view of the space needle and a large jacuzzi tub.

There is a complimentary breakfast in the morning with lots of options, even a pancake machine! There is also a restaurant on site, just across the driveway in the Holiday Inn, that was decent.

There is also free wifi and a business centre.

I couldn't ask for any more from this hotel, especally for the price.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a kitchen and view, it is worth it.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, 8 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to recognize a member of my staff! Terra is a highly valued employee who genuinely enjoys what she does. We are very lucky to have her on our team. I've shared your comments with her and with the rest of the team. We all hope to have the pleasure of hosting you and your party again.

Best Regards,
Darcy Hambrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 6 December 2011

i thought this place was great because there's an inside pool and gym. It was very close to the city and I enjoyed my stay there. On top of that there was a complimentary breakfast !

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Deltona, Florida, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Clean room, within walking distance of everything we wanted to see including FREE buses taking you to other side of town, and friendly as well as very helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Sheridan, Wyoming
Reviewed 26 November 2011

What a great time we had while staying at this motel. The location to the Space Needle was unbeatable, only about 4 blocks away, although have to walk up the street before heading over-no crossover for the road. From there, caught the monorail to mall downtown, and walked to the pier, aquarium, Pike's Place Market, and water front. It is a good walk from the mall to the water front, so be prepared for that, but definitely not a death march. The motel has a very nice pool, good parking area, but spaces are small (no real suprise there). The only downside of this motel would be lack of places to eat nearby. Rooms were very wel appointed and comfortable, very nice lobby, and the breakfast was excellent every morning. The menu changed everyday, so nothing got tiresome to eat, good sized room, only at peak of rush was it hard to find a table.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
british columbia
Reviewed 22 November 2011

If this was the express hotel i can't even imagine what the regular hotel looks like. We were greeted by Terra at the front desk when we arrived off the clipper. She was so friendly, there was a bit of a line up when we arrived but she greeted us soon as we walked into the lobby so we didn't mind waiting at all. Terra was so helpful on telling us things to do in Seattle and answering all our question about the city. They are lucky to have such an attentive and knowledgeable desk clerk if you can't tell all ready she really made our stay special.

The room was amazing we had a view of the mountains and the space needle. It was little noisy but not to bad, so as other travelers have said if you want quite go for the back of the hotel. The room was just spotless, one of the cleanest i have seen.

Location i thought was great it was close to the space needle, EMP and science fiction museum and the duck ride. By the space needle you will find the mono rail that gets you downtown in like 5 minutes for $2.25 then it's a 10 minute walk to Pike place market.

I've been to Seattle in the past and stayed at a different hotel but I will be back to the Holiday Inn for sure next time I’m in Seattle.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel if you want quite, or the front if you want the views and a little street noise
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, 26 November 2011
Thank you for your kind words regarding your experience with us and with Terra in particular. I will be sure to share this with her. We look forward to having you back!

hambrick@hcbmi.com
Reviewed 22 November 2011

There was a Microsoft convention the week I stayed there, but usually this hotel averages $150-$160 per night after the $10 parking fee. That is high for just an average HIE that is not very new. The location is good, but there are not many amenities or restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is loud because the rooms do not have double windows. I brought my ear plugs, so I was able to take care of the noise issue for about $.99. I stayed in the 6th floor (highest level), so the rooms had very tall ceilings; therefore, it took forever to heat the room. I was so cold that the first two nights I had to sleep with my jacket on. I finally requested double blankets to the Latino mades. They were super nice, and they are really the only reason why I would consider coming back to this hotel. If you are driving an SUV you will have a hard time parking since the space is so so tight. Overall an almost below average hotel that is overpriced.

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding our hotel, and I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate your needs adequately. Even the best of teams can sometimes drop the ball, and it appears that this is what occurred during your stay. I appreciate your kind words regarding our housekeepers, and I sincerely apologize for the room being cold. As the weather turns colder, we have our housekeepers keep the heat on in the rooms so that they are already comfortable when you arrive. It sounds like we did not do this early enough this season which made for an uncomfortable couple of nights. Please be assured that this has been addressed.

I would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns and see if I can possibly win you back. If not, I understand and hope that you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Express hotels during your travels. Please feel free to contact me directly at hambrick@hcbmi.com.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 27 October 2011

The hotel was fair. It was were close to the space needle. If traveling on aurora ave, it is quite hard to get to

• Stayed September 2011