“good Holiday Inn but not the best”

Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center
Ranked #67 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 17 January 2012

This was the 2nd Holiday Inn we stayed at after the first one in Pulluyup WA where we loved everything about the place we decided that for our Seattle trip this was the place to go. It was very good but not as good as the first one service, food cleanlieness and value are all great the Breakfast had a few less items than the first one but other than that it was terrific

It is also near many downtown attractions

Room Tip: this one is near the highway so get a room opposite the highway if you want a quite room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Stephen J
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank you for commenting on your experience with us! We strive to exceed expectations in our service, cleanliness, and amenities, especially when compared to newer properties, and it sounds like we were able to do that. I hope you will continue to choose our hotel when staying in Seattle! We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

What a wonderful find in downtown Seattle! Free wi-fi and breakfast and a breath-taking view of the Space Needle! And an enthusiastic and greatful nod to Cassidy at the front desk who was especially nice and helpful.

We walked to both the Market and Pier 69, which took about 20 minutes and might be a bit long for little ones...cabs and cars were also available for $10 or less. Westlake Center was also walkable and their foodcourt was ideal for our limited budget and completely opposite cravings for dinner (my daughter had "the BEST" fettucini alfredo and I had a gyro).

Great staff, good location, and all the amenities of Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Jenny T

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are extremely delighted to be a partner with Victoria Clipper, and I am so glad you found us to be convenient in getting to the pier. Thank you, too, for your kind words regarding Cassidy. I will make sure your compliments are passed on to her. She is a great asset to our staff, and she will certainly appreciate the recognition. I hope we will be able to host you and your party again in the future!

Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel visiting my boyfriend in the military for new years. My first night the room and service was perfect. The second night we were moved into a smoking room that gave me a terrible headache and made my clothes smell like an ash tray. I understood it was NYE and they could not change my room, however, mathew smith who works the front service desk was rude in the manor and smarted off to another employee about me as I walked away from our conversation of not being able to change rooms. He told me there wasn't a manager I could talk to and the holiday inn does not have a cooperate phone number. I have never been treated with such disrespect and be littleness. I will not visit here again.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Hairdresser05

First, I would like to apologize for the delay in response to your feedback. I was unable to access this site for a period of time. Please be assured that I take all feedback either positive or negative very seriously, and I will be following up with the employee involved. I am both surprised and disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. Granted, New Year's Eve is one of the busiest days of the year for us and availability is somewhat limited, but it is the way in which we respond to situations such as this that makes all the difference. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you directly. My email address and phone number are listed below. Please let me know what I can do to encourage you to give us another try. If you choose not to return, I understand. I hope that this experience does not deter you from choosing to stay with Holiday Inn Express brands in the future.

hambrick@hcbmi.com
206-674-6262 (Direct)

Reviewed 10 December 2011

In town for a conference and was willing to walk to save a little money. This place fit the bill. Clean, decent breakfast, helpful staff and free Internet. The only problem is half the rooms overlook Hiway 99. Constant traffic noise 24/7. Ask for a room on the other side. Easy walk to good restaurants and the Pike Market.

Room Tip: Away from highway.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank wosli3
Reviewed 9 December 2011

This hotel is nice, rooms are a little dated but the beds were super comfy and the black out blinds were a big plus!

Found it a bit strange having the sink in the bedroom opposed to the bathroom. Wasn't that big of a deal though. TV/ TV Remote was a little delayed- but again not a big deal.

Breakfast was average but got the day off to a good start. Space needle is very close by which is beside the monorail to bring you downtown.

Parking was secure but had to have room keys on you at all times to get in. An intercom would be ideal.

Nice restaurant down the ally which was cheap and convenient.
After a long day of traveling all we wanted was to get into bed and after having our credit card maxed out by the car rental cash deposits were not an option. Had to transfer money through one of the computers in the business center- wasn't ideal but we didn't care.

Overall the service is good and we enjoyed our city break.
Would we stay in this holiday inn express again? Depending on price.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Was nicely surprised on arrival when I walked in to the large spacious lobby. We were greeted warmly by Terra, and were even given goodie bags with bottled water and cookies! Terra offered us up all sorts of helpful information as we weren't that familiar with Seattle, and definitly made our arrival relaxing and stress free.

Our room was gorgeous, spacious and very clean. It had a beautiful view of the space needle and a large jacuzzi tub.

There is a complimentary breakfast in the morning with lots of options, even a pancake machine! There is also a restaurant on site, just across the driveway in the Holiday Inn, that was decent.

There is also free wifi and a business centre.

I couldn't ask for any more from this hotel, especally for the price.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a kitchen and view, it is worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to recognize a member of my staff! Terra is a highly valued employee who genuinely enjoys what she does. We are very lucky to have her on our team. I've shared your comments with her and with the rest of the team. We all hope to have the pleasure of hosting you and your party again.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

i thought this place was great because there's an inside pool and gym. It was very close to the city and I enjoyed my stay there. On top of that there was a complimentary breakfast !

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family