Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center
Mediterranean Inn(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$142
  • Fitness centre
Best Western Executive Inn(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$141
  • Restaurant
All reviewsspace needlepancake machineroom was cleanfree breakfastemerald grillaurora avenuefront desk staffwithin walking distanceminute walkindoor poolfew blocksthe breakfast areaother attractionsemp museumyogurtalaskan cruiseking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2013

First stay at this hotel. The location is nice since its located near the space needle and science center. We found the room to be clean and comfortable. Major drawback for me was the parking. Parking is limited and you are charged 10 dollars a night for the privilege of hunting for a spot to park, especially if you get back later. I'm sorry but I don't think that you should have to pay for a room and then have to pay extra for parking to use the room. Travele around the USA and this was a first for us. we've been to Seattle many times and this is the first hotel we had to pay for parking. Another gripe. We are priority club members and though we were created as such, we were not given any complementary priority club gift as other express hotels have provided. Our room was also small compared to other similar rooms we have recently stayed in. two people in the king bathroom would be a challenge. We would probably look for another Hi express for our next visit to Seattle.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments! I deeply apologize for not offering you our complimentary Priority Club gift bag upon check in. Our valued Priority Club Members do receive a bag with bottled water and snacks, and I will certainly be looking into why this was not provided to you.

Our parking is limited, yes, but we do provide an overflow option as well for $5 per night instead of $10. As a city center property, parking is at a premium and all hotels do charge a nightly fee. At $10 per night, we have the lowest fee in our area. The properties outside of the downtown area do tend to have complimentary parking, however.

I sincerely hope that you will forgive our short-comings during your recent visit and come see us again. Your feedback helps us to improve our service, and I will be sharing your comments with my staff. Thank you again!

Reviewed 13 March 2013

We stayed two nights while transiting between Hawaii and Dubai. We know what to expect from this hotel chain, yet we were pleased by staying here. The hotel room is spacious, beds are big and front desk staff very friendly :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul D
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience! I hope you will come see us again soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We arrived in Seattle around 1pm and the front desk checked us in long before the check in time, which was nice. The room was very good. Had a descent sized washroom and the beds were really nice. The T.V had some really good channels and some were in HD. The next morning we had breakfast at the hotel restaurant. The food had at a good price and tasted very good. Our waiter Ani was very nice to us. Over all the surrounding area was a bit on the "Shady" side of town. But of your looking for a good price I really recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and at the Emerald Grill! Thank you, too, for taking the time to mention Ami as having provided great service. I will be sure to share your comements with her. I hope you will visit us again! Our room updates are well underway, so you will have to come see the improvements!

Happy Travels!

Reviewed 4 March 2013

This hotel is comfortable, clean and close to walk to the space needle and downtown. the service was friendly and helpful! The beds were pretty good and the rooms were very clean! The parking is very tight although a good deal at $10 a night!

Room Tip: They do have spa tubs in some of the rooms!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Thank you for your comments! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope we see you again! Our room upgrades have begun, so come back this spring to see how our rooms have improved!

Reviewed 28 February 2013

"Yes sir, our hotel taxi to the Victoria Clipper will be waiting for you when you finish breakfast."

What's so difficult about that? But instead, before going into the breakfast room for continental breakfast on a recent trip to Seattle, I asked the desk clerk at the Holiday Inn Express on Aurora Ave., if it would take long to get a taxi as the Clipper left early and we wanted a fast breakfast. "No it shouldn't take long," was his reply.

When finished our hurried breakfast, I asked the clerk to call for a taxi. He said one would arrive soon. We waited outside the hotel in the dark, for about ten minutes. (it was 6:45 am) A huge man suddenly appeared and without a word, pointed to an unmarked SUV parked in front. He swung open the front door and stood staring at us. I ran inside and confirmed with the clerk that the car and driver belonged to the hotel, while my young companion, (visiting from overseas sat shivering nervously inside the vehicle.) The driver transported us silently in the vehicle, which had no meter, to the Clipper while playing around with a cell phone beneath the dashboard. He charged us $3.00 more than we had paid a Yellow cab the night before en-route to the hotel. It's a "flat rate" I was told by the hotel afterward when I called. In other words, the gratuity is added automatically.

If you think I'm being picky, consider yourself in a strange town. It's a wet, misty morning. It's pitch dark. A silent stranger in casual dark clothes, gestures you to get into an unmarked vehicle. Would you get in?

All of this could have been avoided if the desk clerk had simply taken a moment to explain a hotel car would be taking us to the pier — and if he were service oriented, he might have added 'and there is a flat rate.'

Communication skills are necessary in the hospitality industry. Why, in an age of so called high-speed communications, do so few people know how to communicate effectively?

On second thought, perhaps I should have texted the desk clerk to request a taxi.

Our third-floor room at this Holiday Inn was clean but I prefer the wash basin and vanity to be separate in the bathroom not in the bedroom. Unfortunately, on our first night, a party bounced on the ceiling until 3:00 am.

The self-serve continental breakfast is good with a selection of eggs, bacon, sausage and a plentiful variety of beverages, cereals and pastries — all included in the price of the "Victoria Clipper Vacation Package" of $385.00 (Two night for two plus sea travel.) The Breakfast Room staff were cheerful and welcoming.

All in all excellent value for a short stopover in Seattle, but if there is a next time I'll go later in the spring. February was not a good choice. It gets a bit rough in the Juan de Fuca straight — and I'll phone for my own cab.

Room Tip: Ask that revellers are not accommodated in the room above yours.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ScottieMcFrugal
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and I sincerely apologize for the discomfort with transportation! You are absolutely correct that our transportation options should have been communicated more clearly, and your request for a taxi should have been honored. We work with an independant company called Ace Transportation, and we use their services quite often. Their vehicles are unmarked, but they do generally wear uniforms. Please be assured that I will be discussing this situation with my front desk staff and with Ace Transportation. Our guests should never feel uncomfortable or unsafe due to circumstances we, however inadvertently, may have caused. I hope that you will accept my most sincere apology for this, and I hope that you will not hold it against us.

If you wish to discuss this or any other matter, please feel free to contact me directly!
hambrick@hcbmi.net