All reviewsspace needlepancake machineroom was cleanfree breakfastaurora avenuefront desk staffwithin walking distanceminute walkdecent breakfastindoor poolthe breakfast areafew blockstop flooralaskan cruiseother attractionsyogurtking suite
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We were in Seattle for a couple of nights to go see Paul McCartney. The staff at this hotel was awesome - when we checked in, the desk clerk sent us up to our suite - the executive house keeper Jorge was there making sure that everything was clean (which it was). Super friendly, genuinely nice man. Went to concert and had a blast. Got back to the hotel and 1:00 and front desk clerk just checked to make sure that we had a good time. Next evening, we were looking for a fancy place for dinner. We asked Tray and the front desk - he sent us to a wonderful place (the Metropolitan). When we arrived, he had ordered a nice appie for us. He was very helpful in organizing taxis etc for us to get around.

Only downside for us was breakfast - no place to sit and the food was so greasy I couldn't eat it. Just had fruit and yogurt.

We will definitely be back to this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel and staff! I really appreciate the kudos and I will share them with everyone here. I'm glad you had a great time at the concert! We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

My wife and I booked a room here Mon., July 1st and Tues., July 9th- a day before our Alaskan cruise and the day we returned. Room was great, breakfast was what you would expect. The staff on the first day (late afternoon) were ok, but not overly friendly. By the time we got checked in and up to the room, we were tired and hungry. Not being familiar w/Seattle and just wanting to rest, I called room service from their "Emerald Grill". No answer. I repeated this for 20 minutes. Finally calling the front desk to ask why no answer, the young woman said she'd find out. So she called me back and said she didn't know why they didn't answer, because they answered HER. I mean - I pushed the ROOM SERVICE button on the phone. So I tried again. No answer. I gave up and called a local pizza place PRONTO PIZZA! Fantastic!
Anyway- on our second stay the week after, we had two full days (1 night) in Seattle and the staff was much friendlier. A young man, Lacari, was great and booked a Seattle tour for us for that afternoon and a Mt. Rainier tour for us the next day. Thanks, Lacari. You smiled, maintained eye contact, and really acted interested in helping me out.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Thealtosaxguy
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! And thank you, especially, for acknowledging one of my employees Lacari Mitchell! I will be sure to share this with him. I apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to contact the restaurant. I will look into the reason behind this to ensure it does not happen again. Thank you, as well, for bringing the issue of friendliness during your first stay to my attention. Please be assured that I will address this with the team. I hope that you will choose us again!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Horrible. Smoking is allowed on each floor and the entry smells like smoke. I complained. They said they would use air refresher. LOL

Half their elevators don't work, the rest are slow

THE PARKING UNDERGROUND KEY CARDS DIDNT WORK AND HAD MAJOR INCONVENIENCES RETURNING TO THE FRONT TO GET NEW ONES

Hallways are hot...

IF YOU ARE A HEAVY SMOKER, THIS PLACE IS FOR YOU

Room Tip: No good room to choose from. Every floor has smoking rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced while you were here. We do not advertise our hotel as being 100% smoke-free. While we do our utmost to contain the odor of cigarette smoke, such as providing ozone machines, hallway air filters, and room fresheners, some degree of odor will find its way into the hallways. All of our smoking rooms are located at the south end of the building, so if our guests are sensitive to the odor, they may request rooms at the far north end instead. If this is not an adequate resolution, our sister property Holiday Inn Seattle - which shares the block with us - is 100% smoke-free, is a great hotel with great service, and may be a better option.

We also have three elevators: one service elevator and two guest elevators. Unfortunately, we experienced an unpredicatable mechanical breakdown of one of the guest elevators this week. Because we place a high priority on our guests' safety, this elevator was placed out of order. We are currently working diligently to return it to service as quickly as possible. We understand that this has caused inconveniences, and our staff is doing its best to help our guests with their needs. Our guests are welcome to utilize the service elevator, as well.

With regard to the parking garage, the vast majority of issues with opening the garage is due to de-magnitized room keys. This happens when keys are left near electronic devices or any other item that contains a magnet. Our garage door has been operating properly.

We all strive to provide the highest level of service our guests expect and act quickly to address any inconvenience or guest concern to ensure satisfaction with our hotel. At times, incidents happen that are beyond our control, but that does not mean that we will not do our utmost to ensure you depart feeling happy with your decision to choose our hotel. Had we been given the opportunity in this case, we could have tried to make up for any negative impressions. Please do not hesitate to contact hotel management with concerns so that we can have the chance to make amends.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful on arrival. The room was large enough and had just been renovated. Bed was comfortable and the shower very good. Breakfast was adequately tasty and filling. Location was excellent for the space needle (10 min walk) and for the centre (15/20 easy walk). The only down side was the price which is over the top for what it is.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments, and I appreciate the kind words! During the busy summer season, hotel rates in our area are at a premium. We try to keep our rates appropriate for our market without overpricing ourselves, and we do this by making sure our rates are as good or better than our competitors. We also offer discount options for great savings or packages for great value! Keep an eye on our deals!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

My wife and I recently visited Seattle from the east coast and were looking for a good location so we could park the car and walk. The Holiday Inn Express on Aurora Ave was just right. About 8 min walk to Space needle and museums. Took monorail from there to downtown and walked another time to waterfront(about a mile). The room was a junior suite which was very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable and had a direct view of the space needle. Staff was very friendly.Breakfast bar was good with the usual offerings. Get there before 7;30 to beat the crowd.
I would highly recommend this hotel for value and location.

Room Tip: Top floor with view of space needle was really nice at night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the compliments and for the recommendation! I'm glad you had a good time at our hotel! Please come see us again the next time you visit Seattle!