US$377
  • Fitness centre
US$136
US$378
  • Restaurant
All reviewsspace needlepancake machineroom was cleanfree breakfastaurora avenuefront desk staffwithin walking distanceminute walkdecent breakfastindoor poolthe breakfast areafew blockstop flooralaskan cruiseother attractionsyogurtking suite
Reviewed 14 August 2013

overall a fair price for the accomdations. close to the space needle but not walking distance to Pikes Place fish market. minor disappointments are the breakfast is till 1030am but the staf begins removing food at 10 am. Front desk is inexperienced at solving small problems. i asked if i could get some assistance with adding my stay to my ihg rewards and the young person at the front desk desk they could not help without my number. I was hoping they could get on the phone and assist with the solving the problem. the disappontments were not deal breakers due to our limited time in the room and/or hotel. if i had planned to stay on the property more i may choose to pay more for a higher level of luxery. dont get me wrong the suite was fine for a basic stay. if you are expecting high qulaity you might want to make a different choice and plan on shelling out 2-3x as much. again GOOD value overall.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your comments! I deeply apologize for any inconvenience with the IHG Rewards Club issue. We do have a few new employees at the desk who may not have known the proper course of action in this instance. This is something I will address so that we can avoid any other guest frustration going forward. I am also sorry if the breakfast hours were not communicated accurately. Our breakfast is served daily between 6:30AM and 10:00AM.

My management team and I will continue to strive to provide our guests with the best possible service by using feedback such as this as training opportunities. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope that you will visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

disappointing service to say the least, didn't even value my platinum status..this unfortunate experience literally pushed me to cancel my holiday inn credit card and remove holiday inn from my radar.. lesson learned - you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CFIIPR

Thank you for your comments, and I apologize for falling short of your expectations.

We value our Platinum IHG Rewards Club guests highly and appreciate their business and loyalty to our brand. My managment team and I always welcome the chance to improve our guests' experience at our hotel when presented with the opportunity or notified of a service failure when it occurs. Any feedback we receive is utilized in our coaching efforts and service training, as we endeavor to provide a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere for all of our guests. We will continue to work on improvements in service and hope to win back your business in the future.

Darcy Hambrick

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The location was great for exploring on foot or by transit. It is just blocks from the Space Needle and close enough to Pike Market Place to hop the Space Needle monorail and walk down from the mall at the other end. We stayed one night in a two room suite with a hide-a-bed and two nights in a room with a hide-a-bed. There is a restaurant on site and some "tight" pay parking. They offer a free breakfast that was typical, with hot and cold items. This is one of the many hotels used by anyone who was cruising to Alaska and it was pretty packed but everything went well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kahnster
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments! We really do have a great location for tourism and a perfect location if you are coming in for Bumbershoot this year. You can leave the car so that you do not have to worry about the parking or traffic, and walk to the festival. It's going to be a lot of fun, so I hope we see you Labor Day Weekend!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Let me start by saying , Jeff who represented himself as the front desk manager is not very accommodating and acts like the guests are a bother. Just his poor attitude alone makes me recommend that you stay at the Hyatt place.
The rooms are very small and as a platinum member I was placed right next to the elevator. Not Good. So, as I stated earlier there are other hotels in the area that value their customers and are nicer.

Room Tip: Avoid speaking to the front desk manager you are a bother to him.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jmia
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. I am extremely sorry that you had a poor experience at our hotel, and I would welcome the opportunity to make this right. Your feedback is very much appreciated, as I need to know where our training efforts should focus. Thank you for being a Platinum IHG Rewards Club member, and I sincerely hope that you will allow me to discuss this situation with you.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Diamond in the Rough. Surrounded by traffic and urban "relics"... this was a quiet, reasonable, and effective hotel. Within walking distance of Space Needle, Market, and Restaurants. Small "Diner" attached to hotel was exceptional... Friendly staff with efficient and practical menu.

Room Tip: Some rooms actually had a pretty good view of the Space Needle... it might be worth a request.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments! Not only do most of our suites have a Space Needle view, but many of our standard king rooms do, as well! Thank you, too, for your mention of the Emerald Grill at Holiday Inn. I will be sure to share your kudos with the restaurant manager. I hope you will come see us again!